👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

4 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

The most impressive thing to me is how A&M has been able to hang on to Elko these last couple years. I don’t know his past, so I don’t know which jobs might entice him but that guy is who the Aggies gotta hold on to as long as possible. 

Same reason I thought Venables would stick at Clemson.

1. He has job security. The head coach is here for the long haul. For better or worse.

2. He gets to coach/mentor under a top head coach. 

3. He is one of the top paid coordinators and doesn’t have to  have responsibilities as a head coach. He was offered the Temple job but he makes almost as much at A&M and has half the responsibility.

4. He has a lot of awesome recruiting from above that is loading his defense up with talent.

• Like 2

Rumor that could work out well for the good guys. Kelvin Banks decommitted from Oregon. Rumor on the boards was that if this happened he’d more than likely pick Texas over A&M. Rumor is that Banks will not sign on ESD but wait until February. Giving A&M a chance to continue to work with him and for Jimbo to take a late home visit with him. Pretty much the only thing this class is missing is a true difference making OT.

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

Rumor that could work out well for the good guys. Kelvin Banks decommitted from Oregon. Rumor on the boards was that if this happened he’d more than likely pick Texas over A&M. Rumor is that Banks will not sign on ESD but wait until February. Giving A&M a chance to continue to work with him and for Jimbo to take a late home visit with him. Pretty much the only thing this class is missing is a true difference making OT.

Banks is not a done deal to Texas yet. I know the message boards seem to think so but I think that’s just talk. He’s certainly a guy who values NIL, which is why he committed to Oregon to begin with imo, but both schools are going to get their here. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Agreed. He’s not going to play at A&M even if he wanted to join. They have signed guys much better than him. 

Have you seen the depth chart? There’s going to be some talent leaving to make way for even younger talent.

F8453E3D-34EC-4C6E-992C-9495B3F37540.png

@WETSU @JohnnyFootball @Nick2011 If this one actually happens it could be the craziest commit I’ve seen since I started following recruiting. Everything up until the last couple of weeks was A&M had 0% chance of getting him. A&M was a top 5 school but there were bigger dogs in the fifth. Alabama seemed to be the no brained. Something shifted. Whatever it was who knows. To possibly get another top 20 player especially out of North Shore? A&M doesn’t get those. Things are changing.

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

F8453E3D-34EC-4C6E-992C-9495B3F37540.png

@WETSU @JohnnyFootball @Nick2011 If this one actually happens it could be the craziest commit I’ve seen since I started following recruiting. Everything up until the last couple of weeks was A&M had 0% chance of getting him. A&M was a top 5 school but there were bigger dogs in the fifth. Alabama seemed to be the no brained. Something shifted. Whatever it was who knows. To possibly get another top 20 player especially out of North Shore? A&M doesn’t get those. Things are changing.

This one is more about Texas being 5-7, LSU losing its position coach and HC, and Alabama grabbing others at the position. 

1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

I think he ends up at A&M along with another 2-3 five star recruits. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Harris, Perkins, Shemar Stewart, White, Banks or Goodwin. Forgot Jacoby Mathews. This thing could get ridiculous. Like restart NCAA Football ‘14 because it’s unrealistic. 

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

It has been the perfect storm for A&M recruiting that is for sure.

Do you think it's a "perfect storm" or that Jimbo just recruits well?

I mean, I know a #1 class is a special thing that teams like A&M don't ever get, but ever since Jimbo was at FSU, he was getting on average something like the #3 class. At A&M he stepped in and got us some big classes. 

I always thought recruiting rankings were overblown (and on a micro level, they are), but I'm convinced that a team has to have talent as a whole to compete. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I mean, I know a #1 class is a special thing that teams like A&M don't ever get, but ever since Jimbo was at FSU, he was getting on average something like the #3 class. At A&M he stepped in and got us some big classes. 

I always thought recruiting rankings were overblown (and on a micro level, they are), but I'm convinced that a team has to have talent as a whole to compete. 

I think Jimbo recruits well. 

I also think there is a perfect storm of their big competitors being in disarray.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I'm also wondering if we're NILing the ### out of these recruits 

I’ve heard A&Ms NIL setup has been very organized and good from the beginning. The recruit I spoke with says it’s “impressive.” 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Somebody does a talent breakdown of the past national champions via their recruiting rankings. He might cook the books but it backs up that the more top tier 5*, 4* talent you can stock the more likely you’re going to be in the running for a championship. Multiple top 5 classes not just top 10 classes.

• Mr. P locked this topic