👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

25 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’m getting really fed up with this nonsense. 

I'm with you. Tests are coming back positive, but many do not have any symptoms. I heard this morning that the NHL, which is the only league at 100% vaccinated, is shutting down until after Christmas due to COVID. I'm sure it has something to do with some teams being in Canada. Anyway... not trying to turn this into a political rant - just over this nonsense as well.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

I'm with you. Tests are coming back positive, but many do not have any symptoms. I heard this morning that the NHL, which is the only league at 100% vaccinated, is shutting down until after Christmas due to COVID. I'm sure it has something to do with some teams being in Canada. Anyway... not trying to turn this into a political rant - just over this nonsense as well.

51 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’m getting really fed up with this nonsense. 

Funny how flu season is upon us and surprise, surprise the numbers magically jump up 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I would put Texas’s OL class ahead of ND’s. 

ND OL haul is pretty salty.  But yeah, if you add Campbell then that may change it.  If you read the tea leaves Campbell has already signed and faxed his LOI to Texas.  Also have to think the Texas DL is one of the tops in the country.

2 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

ND OL haul is pretty salty.  But yeah, if you add Campbell then that may change it.  If you read the tea leaves Campbell has already signed and faxed his LOI to Texas.  Also have to think the Texas DL is one of the tops in the country.

I’d put the Texas OL class ahead of ND’s even before adding Campbell. 
As for DL, I think Texas put together a great DL class too, but A&M put the best DL class together by far.

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

I’d put the Texas OL class ahead of ND’s even before adding Campbell. 
As for DL, I think Texas put together a great DL class too, but A&M put the best DL class together by far.

If that add Stewart maybe the best ever… it’s filthy. 

I know I’ve said it once or twice…but really an incredible class that will go down on paper as possibly the best ever recruiting class. A&M is definitely closing the talent gap. Obviously you need some good luck throughout the year…but it’s hard to argue against A&M breaking into the CFP sooner rather than later. 

Tarp- 

Information has filtered out that Texas A&M will not be playing in the Tax Slayer Gator Bowl that was to take place on December 31 per at least one source within the A&M program. Official word should be coming later today.

News broke on Tuesday that A&M's football team had not practiced since last Saturday as a number of athletes had tested positive prior to the Aggies hitting the practice field on Sunday and then again during the next two days. The team were to be released to go home on Tuesday until Dec. 26 ,when they were to make their way to Jacksonville for final bowl preparations. People both within the program and the highest levels of the administration were pessimistic as early as Tuesday due to practical considerations arising from numbers via NCAA protocols. 

The Aggies were down quite a few players given their status due to injuries and opt outs. There are as many as ten players who are draft eligible who could or have opted out of the game. In addition, two more (Zach Calzada and Dreyden Norwood) have entered the NCAA transfer portal since the regular season ended. Finally, by our count, there are as many as 12 players who are done for the season and won't play in the game due to injury. Those items push the Aggies down towards approximately 60 scholarship players being available for the game including just one quarterback in Haynes King (who missed most of the season himself due to a broken ankle and has just returned to workouts).

Vaccinated players normally don't have to be tested unless they are symptomatic or it's deemed necessary based on a risk assessment of a documented close contact with COVID-19. However, if there are sustained increased transmissions on a team (defined as concurrent positive cases of five percent or more of a team comprised of 50 or more individuals), then "decisions about continued team activity should be made at the local level and with consideration given to ongoing risk of team transmission or transmission to another team during competition".

More importantly, the NCAA mandates "isolation for 10 days and at least 24 hours have passed since resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and other symptoms have improved" for individuals who have tested positive regardless of their vaccination status (and A&M's vaccination rate is reportedly very high). If players have been tested in the past few days and test positive, they must be isolated for ten days which carries into Sunday and beyond when the Aggies are supposed to arrive in Jacksonville and begin bowl game preparations. In fact, game plan installation for the bowl game wouldn't take place until Sunday or so.

Thus, even if players managed to return for the game itself, they may miss most or all of the workouts in Jacksonville including the practices depending on when they tested positive and regardless of their symptoms or vaccination status. In addition, they may have missed the three workouts together with the rest of the team out of the 15 allotted post season practices.

Finally, members of the traveling party for the game who have tested positive would find it difficult to make their way to Jacksonville for the game. In addition, since players or other individuals would be rooming together, it might be difficult to find additional hotel rooms so that everyone could remain isolated leading up to game time.

In all, these issues combined together to force A&M out of the game.

• Mr. P locked this topic