👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

16 minutes ago, country said:

As expected to lazy to research

First of all, it's "too". 

Second of all, copying and pasting from another site as you did is not "research". 

Third of all, I don't need to "research" anything. You are the one who made a claim. The burden of proof is squarely on your shoulders and you've presented NOTHING other than rumors that are supposedly from people in College Station who aren't involved with A&M Athletics. 

Fourth, you originally said players revolted. Then you claimed that it was a mix of opt-outs and COVID. You changed your story. 

If you have something from a credible source I'm happy to discuss it with you. Otherwise you're simply posting rumors which does nothing for anyone. 

57 minutes ago, country said:

As expected to lazy to research

Information has filtered out that Texas A&M will not be playing in the Tax Slayer Gator Bowl that was to take place on December 31 per at least one source within the A&M program. Official word should be coming later today.

News broke on Tuesday that A&M's football team had not practiced since last Saturday as a number of athletes had tested positive prior to the Aggies hitting the practice field on Sunday and then again during the next two days. The team were to be released to go home on Tuesday until Dec. 26 ,when they were to make their way to Jacksonville for final bowl preparations. People both within the program and the highest levels of the administration were pessimistic as early as Tuesday due to practical considerations arising from numbers via NCAA protocols. 

The Aggies were down quite a few players given their status due to injuries and opt outs. There are as many as ten players who are draft eligible who could or have optedout of the game. In addition, two more (Zach Calzada and Dreyden Norwood) have entered the NCAA transfer portal since the regular season ended. Finally, by our count, there are as many as 12 players who are done for the season and won't play in the game due to injury. Those items push the Aggies down towards approximately 60 scholarship players being available for the game including just one quarterback in Haynes King (who missed most of the season himself due to a broken ankle andhas just returned to workouts).

Vaccinated players normally don't have to be tested unless they are symptomatic or it's deemed necessary based on a risk assessment of a documented close contact with COVID-19. However, if there are sustained increased transmissions on a team (defined as concurrent positive cases of five percent or more of a team comprised of 50 or more individuals), then "decisions about continued team activity should be made at the local level and with consideration givento ongoing risk of team transmission or transmission to another team during competition".

More importantly, the NCAA mandates "isolation for 10 days and at least 24 hours have passed since resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and other symptoms have improved" for individuals who have tested positive regardless of their vaccination status (and A&M's vaccination rate is reportedly very high). If players have been tested in the past few days and test positive, they must be isolated for ten days which carries into Sunday and beyond when the Aggies are supposed to arrive in Jacksonville and begin bowl game preparations. In fact, game plan installation for the bowl game wouldn't take place until Sunday or so.

Thus, even if players managed to return for the game itself, they may miss most or all of the workouts in Jacksonville including the practices depending on when they tested positive and regardless of their symptoms or vaccination status. In addition, they may have missed the three workouts togetherwith the rest of the team out of the 15 allotted post season practices.

Finally, members of the traveling party for the game who have tested positive would find it difficult to make their way to Jacksonville for the game. In addition, since players or other individuals would be rooming together, it might be difficult to find additional hotel rooms so that everyonecould remain isolated leading up to game time.

In all, these issues combined together toforce A&M out of the game.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I’m not watching any news for my sources. 

Are your sources involved with A&M athletics? Cause mine are. 

25 minutes ago, country said:

Keep watching the local and National news. They will inform you of everything you want to know.

I have not made a claim. 

Nothing is on my shoulders. 

This is from Tarp on Gig’Em 247 on the reasons why A&M had to cancel their bowl plans.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I mean we could say a rumor exists about anything by that line of thinking. I heard a rumor that you beat your wife. I'm not saying it's true... Just a rumor I heard. 

You posted a rumor, it quickly got shut down because your "source" (if it even exists) is a joke that has no inside knowledge of the program. The end. No "critical thinking" is needed because you posted a completely baseless rumor with nothing to back it up.

This is exactly like DB asking Aggies to disprove what he read on Twitter regarding payments to a Evan Stewart. Since when do we rely on disproving rumors rather than verifying them? 

It’s because when you read the bs that Texas fans and mods have had to pump to cope to being a trash team and buying a class in the 11th hour, you will make up any sort of nonsense you can to make A&M appear in a negative light: 

4 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I’m not watching any news for my sources. 

Are your sources involved with A&M athletics? Cause mine are. 

No. His sources aren’t even “locals.” It something he read on a Texas site or some weirdos twitter. There isn’t anyone in CS that would spout that nonsense much less actually have any real sources. 

The vileness repeated for only making a statement and was seriously asking a question.

Once again I said I heard rumors. Some of the local fan base is sorely displeased.

The info posted after that was all I could find on the net which was corroborated by Stoney.

I would say after what I have read,  A%M was about to get taken to the woodshed BY WF on National TV. 

Who is to say that information is 100% correct coming out of A%M.

To come on this site and watch violations of the rules get busted and allowed is unconscionable.

So much for having thoughts and questioning.

11 minutes ago, country said:

The vileness repeated for only making a statement and was seriously asking a question.

Once again I said I heard rumors. Some of the local fan base is sorely displeased.

The info posted after that was all I could find on the net which was corroborated by Stoney.

I would say after what I have read,  A%M was about to get taken to the woodshed BY WF on National TV. 

Who is to say that information is 100% correct coming out of A%M.

To come on this site and watch violations of the rules get busted and allowed is unconscionable.

So much for having thoughts and questioning.

Oh and now you want to cry and play victim. Typical. 

You weren’t simply “having thoughts and asking questions”. You were posting unsubstantiated rumors from sources that you haven’t named.  And now you’re accusing A&M’s athletic department of lying and crying that you were simply just questioning things. 

Also, since you say A&M was going to “get taken to the woodshed”, they were favored by 3 (and as much as 5.5). The guys in Vegas (who know a lot more than you) didn’t think A&M was going to lose. Oh and they have better information than some unnamed sources who supposedly live in College Station. 

Stoney did not corroborate your claim, which was that “players revolted”. That was an outright lie and Stoneys post disproved it, if anything. 

So yeah, if you post rumors with no backing, you’re going to get called out. And if you try to play victim after that you’re going to get laughed at. 

6 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Oh and now you want to cry and play victim. Typical. 

You weren’t simply “having thoughts and asking questions”. You were posting unsubstantiated rumors from sources that you haven’t named.  And now you’re accusing A&M’s athletic department of lying and crying that you were simply just questioning things. 

Also, since you say A&M was going to “get taken to the woodshed”, they were favored by 3 (and as much as 5.5). The guys in Vegas (who know a lot more than you) didn’t think A&M was going to lose. Oh and they have better information than some unnamed sources who supposedly live in College Station. 

Stoney did not corroborate your claim, which was that “players revolted”. That was an outright lie and Stoneys post disproved it, if anything. 

So yeah, if you post rumors with no backing, you’re going to get called out. And if you try to play victim after that you’re going to get laughed at. 

Yes that’s exactly right. Outright lies. Let me come on here and post something I read on a Texas board and then downright lie and say it came from a “local” then when it gets called out for being the trash that it is play victim and pretend you were just “asking about a rumor” when in reality you were just spreading one. Wanting us to provide proof to disprove a rumor rather than you having to substantiate it.

Is this a DB throwaway account? 

15 hours ago, country said:

It’s more than just COVID. The transfer portal and early draft declarations is hurting football and the bowl system. I saw that there were 1000 players entering the transfer portal since October. Star players sitting out to protect their draft stock.. it’s only going to get worse

10 opt outs

-2 portal entrants

-12 too injured to play

Here's why A&M bailed: "In addition to the outbreak & injuries, A&M also had TE Jalen Wydermyer & RB Isaiah Spiller declare for the NFL draft. QB Zach Calzada, who started 10x in '21, entered the transfer portal. Wouldn't fit A&M's narrative to lose to Wake for 2nd time in 5 yrs

These Aggies are very defensive on this topic. If they were in the playoff on New Years eve do you think they would be playing? We all know the answer to that one. Most of the top programs have opt outs, injuries and Covid right now. SMH.....

2 hours ago, eagle34 said:

These Aggies are very defensive on this topic. If they were in the playoff on New Years eve do you think they would be playing? We all know the answer to that one. Most of the top programs have opt outs, injuries and Covid right now. SMH.....

You guys are not understanding…. This is not A&Ms choice to pull out. The NCAA has rules on place for Covid. A&M players cannot play even if they wanted to. And you guys have lost your mind if you think it’s smart or even safe for a team to play with 13 scholarship players on defense…. you guys would rather run with some stupid rumor or choose to believe that A&M is backing out by choice when the reality is most of these rules are in place and they don’t have much of a choice in any of this that’s going on. 

Merry Christmas to all you Aggies, well and everyone.

I just posted it on this thread.

I highly doubt A&M players were revolting about being able to play their bowl game. I mean, really, you’re a college football player and suddenly most of them on one team are mad about playing football?

I understand lots of players opt out these days, but I doubt most of the available players were revolting and mad about playing.

20 hours ago, Stoney said:

I think the Covid is over played especially since they are actively going out and hunting for it it. Flu season hits and magically everybody has Covid.

Haven’t you heard? There is no more flu, pneumonia or colds ... it's all China virus now ... Don’t believe me? ... just get the sniffles and go get tested  ...  Covid is  where the big money is made these days, along with the power to control everything  .....

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Haven’t you heard? There is no more flu, pneumonia or colds ... it's all China virus now ... Don’t believe me? ... just get the sniffles and go get tested  ...  Covid is  where the big money is made these days, along with the power to control everything  .....

I recently had some funk, ran a slight fever and got tested in Carthage. It came back negative for rona, and was confirmed as an upper respiratory infection.

Got a steroid shot and was on antibiotics for a bit.

When it came back not as coronavirus I was surprised they didn’t just call it that, but was happy they were truthful about what I actually had. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Do they have only 38 scholarship players left? Only 13 on defense? Hawaii pulled out of their bowl. Virginia is doing the same…. I’m guessing others will too. 

42 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I recently had some funk, ran a slight fever and got tested in Carthage. It came back negative for rona, and was confirmed as an upper respiratory infection.

Got a steroid shot and was on antibiotics for a bit.

When it came back not as coronavirus I was surprised they didn’t just call it that, but was happy they were truthful about what I actually had. 

Glad you’re feeling better. Merry Christmas!

23 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

This has been known from the beginning. A&M was down 20 someodd players due to opt outs/transfers and then another 20 due to covid. Nothing to do with players "revolting", which was what you originally, claimed  

Also, try to come up with your own thoughts. Copying/pasting stuff from other sites does nothing, really. It's as easily shut down as your little rumor. Not to mention, whoever's thoughts you stole aren't involved with A&M athletics either, and they know nothing. Just like you. 

Implying A&M is "scared" to play Wake Forest is a joke. The NCAA won't let us play, and with only 13 scholarship players on defense (most at DB), there isn't really any way A&M can field a team in a modern game of football. 

I thought it took only 22 players to play a football game. 11 on offense and 11 on defense. While maybe the NCAA won't allow A&M to play because of a virus. Do you really think that the higher ups wanted to play in a major bowl game with about 1/2 their starters. 

BTW--Coaches don't get paid for recruiting down the road--and beating 2 Alabama teams this year looks great when compared you lost to 2 Mississippi Teams, an Arkansas Team and a Louisiana team. But again, in simplistic terms, Jimbo got paided $1.25 million per victory this year. And Coaches get hired and fired based on Wins and Losses, not how many kids they recruit, not how many kids get into the NFL, or whatever other bs you would like to spew for A&M not playing wanting to play in the bowl game this year. 

• Mr. P locked this topic