👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I think we are about to see a crazy amount of flips/de commitments when the visits really get going. 

Oh heck yes. This kids will be Zach Evans on steroids.

17 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

4 high schools in 4 years with a decommit on the resume.  I'm betting he's got a few more surprises in him.

Over/under 2 schools in college. I think I’d take the over.

1 minute ago, LOL said:

How many more commitments before signing day? 

He's a heavy aggie lean right now, but I wouldn't bet anything on this kid until the ink is dry.  The Georgia commitment kinda came out of nowhere.

5 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

He's a heavy aggie lean right now, but I wouldn't bet anything on this kid until the ink is dry.  The Georgia commitment kinda came out of nowhere.

You can’t even trust that nowadays Red. These kids can walk at anytime. The Daniels kid lasted a couple weeks after signing his NLI and bounced. Banks didn’t make it out of the spring before he was gone to TCU.

8 minutes ago, Stoney said:

You can’t even trust that nowadays Red. These kids can walk at anytime. The Daniels kid lasted a couple weeks after signing his NLI and bounced. Banks didn’t make it out of the spring before he was gone to TCU.

Javonne Shepherd bailed halfway into a season.  Bru McCoy completed the full circle from USC to Texas to USC in about a 5 month span.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stoney said:

@WETSUwho’s this Nicholas Williams guy? Came from Georgia. Both UGA kids that visited over the weekend decommitted. 

He's either a graduate assistant or an analyst of some sort. Supposedly a stud recruiter. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, WETSU said:

He's either a graduate assistant or an analyst of some sort. Supposedly a stud recruiter. 

He’s definitely looking the stud recruiter part.

25 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Good pick . Tcu has a great baseball program. I know nothing about him but assume this is a good fit. I usually take  Stoney,Johnny , wet take on this . I am more of a casual fan.

He's a great recruiter and developer. He hasn't won a title but he's been to the CWS a lot over the last decade. Very good hire. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Very weird deal with him. Are some of the younger guys passing him up? 

His whole time at A&M has been weird. Played one injured year. Sat out. Decided to come back. Now in the portal? He had to have gotten passed up by these youngsters. 

27 minutes ago, topher805 said:

I've heard the Schlossnagle hire isn't as good as many think. His assistants made the program there...We will see

Thats the point. He's the mack brown of college baseball from what I've heard. Very good recruiter and ceo type coach that surrounds himself with elite assistant coaches. A&M gave him a blank check for assistants from what is being reported. 

Also want to point out that everyone said similar things about Fisher that he wasn't the hire everyone thought he is and the oline would be the reason why... In year 3 he finished #4 with a top 3 oline. So take everything with a grain of salt. 

22 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Thats the point. He's the mack brown of college baseball from what I've heard. Very good recruiter and ceo type coach that surrounds himself with elite assistant coaches. A&M gave him a blank check for assistants from what is being reported. 

Also want to point out that everyone said similar things about Fisher that he wasn't the hire everyone thought he is and the oline would be the reason why... In year 3 he finished #4 with a top 3 oline. So take everything with a grain of salt. 

If he has a blank check for assistants, then yes, home run hire.

A&M, Rice, and Houston Baptist all made excellent hires this off-season.

37 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I just saw this!  Great hire by the Aggies

I’m ready to see who he gets as assistants. Like WET said, he apparently gives them a lot of influence on the program. We’ll see.

• Mr. P locked this topic