👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

They don’t care, they’re just saying it’s stupid.  

You care.... Its 3 hours until kickoff on your brand new HC and you're worried about getting your two cents heard on an aggie coaching contract.

Just now, WETSU said:

You care.... Its 3 hours until kickoff on your brand new HC and you're worried about getting your two cents heard on an aggie coaching contract.

Lmao he thinks buying a coach is the same as buying a car. 

If that's the comparison he wants to make, would you buy a car and then pay another $35 million to get rid of it and get a new one? 

The talk of the nation!!!  Lol, you’re a never ending Aggy joke.  

when you buy a car and sign the papers, do you offer 15% more just before you drive it off the lot???  Lol

When you buy a house to you offer above asking right now if its the house you really want? In this market? Yes you do. If its the right house for you nobody in the world should care if you overpayed for it. Its your house and its your money. Your comparison is stupid. 

Just now, WETSU said:

When you buy a house to you offer above asking right now if its the house you really want? In this market? Yes you do. If its the right house for you nobody in the world should care if you overpayed for it. Its your house and its your money. Your comparison is stupid. 

Did you really expect anyhting different? 

Lmao I knew the dude had issues but comparing a coach to a car purchase? LOL

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

Did you really expect anyhting different? 

Lmao I knew the dude had issues but comparing a coach to a car purchase? LOL

I don't have a problem with the comparison its just executed poorly. My analogy is much more fitting. There are very few coaches capable of building top 10 programs. You have to spend to lure them away and to keep them. It doesn't matter what tshirt Texas fans think of this. All that matters is we have a top 10 coach and they just spent 35mil in buyouts and a 30mil contract on a coach with a 46-35 record. There's absolutely no logic on earth that he can use to justify that but then talk down to A&M paying its HC. 

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I don't have a problem with the comparison its just executed poorly. My analogy is much more fitting. There are very few coaches capable of building top 10 programs. You have to spend to lure them away and to keep them. It doesn't matter what tshirt Texas fans think of this. All that matters is we have a top 10 coach and they just spent 35mil in buyouts and a 30mil contract on a coach with a 46-35 record. There's absolutely no logic on earth that he can use to justify that but then talk down to A&M paying its HC. 

But you already have him in place before the fricking season starts!!!!!  Signed, contract done, in place!!!!!  No need to offer him more money

Just now, DB2point0 said:

You guys have a nice day!!  I’m going to keep watching games and chuckle every now and then when I think of you two fist bumping and chest bumping each other talking about it

Jesus you think about us when you should be watching football? 

Gross. 

Haha WET, I wasn't kidding when I said we live rent free in his head! At least he'll make hilariously bad comparisons on buying cars to coaches. 

Has your car won a conf title?  Why refinance it.  

That analogy doesn't work. You have to think of it like a wife. 

When you're dating a girl you already have her. But sometimes you have to take that next step to make her happy and keep her around. Did you HAVE to marry her? No. But its what she wanted and yes you had her now but you might not later. 

All of these analogies are dumb and funny but you talking about the care isn't accurate because the car can't just up and leave if it isn't satisfied. Its not the same type of contract. 

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

Also I haven't seen this new contract. The original did not have a buyout. Its possible they upped the pay in this one in order to get a buyout in place. Thats a very legitimate reason for this if thats the case. 

What I’ve seen said no buyout on this one.  The fiancé analogy isn’t accurate either.  I’d say a $75M ten year contract is more than an engagement ring.  Jimbo was full blown married with a prenup.  You can’t get rid of him without paying up.  Now you offered more…..

What I’ve seen said no buyout on this one.  The fiancé analogy isn’t accurate either.  I’d say a $75M ten year contract is more than an engagement ring.  Jimbo was full blown married with a prenup.  You can’t get rid of him without paying up.  Now you offered more…..

You're basing all of this on the assumption that A&M will want to get rid of Jimbo before the contract is through... Look at this from the other side. You're trying to keep a coach thats got A&M in the playoff talk and is recruiting lights out. You have the money. This is just showing a committment that you recognize he's your guy and you will spend to keep him. Whether you or anyone else agrees is irrelevant. 

He needs to do that so it isn’t questioned

Who cares if it's questioned? You've questioned it and made a complete fool of yourself but that's neither here nor there. 

I don't care if someone "questions" it. They questioned the move to the SEC, the original Jimbo contract, and will continue questioning everything. So? 

I believe what is being said is these "big donors" are wealthy because of smart investments. Is this one smart? Who knows but no donor ever got rich from investing in mutual funds lol. Jury is out and the rage is from what they did with Sumlin because of one football player.

He will be sporting 3 Presidential's instead of one lol

44 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

You think so? It's working out really nicely for me, just takes time. 

Admittedly, I did extremely well on Apple last March when it was super low (+108%) and Microsoft (+45%). 

I missed getting in on Apple.  Another hitter last year was Pelaton

• Mr. P locked this topic