👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

2 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

They better get with it then.  10-3 halftime.  Rut roh

This is simply on play calling and giving King live looks. Jimbo could run spiller and achane for 400 and win this game by 30. But he's giving King throws and looks. This is a scrimmage. 

I'm less concerned about the offense and more concerned about the defense. Sloppy so far. 

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This is simply on play calling and giving King live looks. Jimbo could run spiller and achane for 400 and win this game by 30. But he's giving King throws and looks. This is a scrimmage. 

I'm less concerned about the offense and more concerned about the defense. Sloppy so far. 

Agreed, Kent St has moved the ball pretty well so far. 

10 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Agreed, Kent St has moved the ball pretty well so far. 

Just now, Red90fly said:

Kent State QB is real good, better than what you normally see from a G5 team.  He's better than the scrub for Colorado they'll face next week.

Kent st is one of the better G5 offenses. Not satisfed with what I've seen but A&M is playing very vanilla and just letting their athletes play. This has always been a bend but don't break scheme anyway which is what we have seen. Its just a few mental mistakes that I haven't liked. 

• Like 1

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

O’Neal really is slow! Man, I always thought that was blown out of proportion, but he is not fast at all. 

With that said, he was fast enough to take that interception 80+ yards for a TD.

Yea oneal is a decent college player but he's slow and not an nfl guy. A&M has a couple of freshman that would be pushing for his job if he wasn't a senior with so much experience. 

55 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I just said they needed to get with it.  They've gotten with it.

7 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

He might be slow, but he’s usually in position and is a good tackler. He’s not a bad player at all. 

Yea he's a solid college starter. He's just not one of those guys you watch and see their nfl potential. 

Haynes showed flashes of brilliance and also showed that he’s a first-time starter. The good thing is this game gives our coaches a lot to coach up. Line looked decent for the most part and the skill players are goooood. 

Defense looked decent considering Kent is good, they have a weird scheme, A&M was vanilla on playcalling, and we were without 2 starters. 

I didn’t think we’d cover but we did even with 5 turnovers. 

• Like 1

Bryce Foster did a solid job starting at center. Shemar Turner sure didn’t look like a kid out there. Achane hits second gear and nobody is catching that kid. Chapman looks healthy and like he hasn’t lost a step. 

54 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Haynes showed flashes of brilliance and also showed that he’s a first-time starter. The good thing is this game gives our coaches a lot to coach up. Line looked decent for the most part and the skill players are goooood. 

Defense looked decent considering Kent is good, they have a weird scheme, A&M was vanilla on playcalling, and we were without 2 starters. 

I didn’t think we’d cover but we did even with 5 turnovers. 

Overall I am pleased with what I saw. Lots of room for improvement but not a team that is taking a "step back" either. It was clear that this team had a much higher ceiling with King than they did under Mond. Mond was solid and had a higher floor but King already in 4 quarters of football does things that Mond couldn't do in 4 years. 

41 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Bryce Foster did a solid job starting at center. Shemar Turner sure didn’t look like a kid out there. Achane hits second gear and nobody is catching that kid. Chapman looks healthy and like he hasn’t lost a step. 

That at action route King hit is exactly what this offense missed under Mond. King hitting 2 of those a game along with Achane getting touches already makes this offense much more dynamic than last years. Jimbo could have easily pounded the rock and ran for 500. I was glad to see him give King looks even if they resulted on turnovers. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

That at action route King hit is exactly what this offense missed under Mond. King hitting 2 of those a game along with Achane getting touches already makes this offense much more dynamic than last years. Jimbo could have easily pounded the rock and ran for 500. I was glad to see him give King looks even if they resulted on turnovers. 

What are the Aggies options besides King at QB. His decision making was not good at all. Reminded of Mond his first year or two. 

11 hours ago, eagle34 said:

What are the Aggies options besides King at QB. His decision making was not good at all. Reminded of Mond his first year or two. 

His decision making was very good for a kid that attempted 4 passes at this level... 

The only "bad choice" was his first interception. The other two were tipped balls where he made the right decision but mechanics failed him or just some bad luck. But 90% of the night he was going to the right guy at the right time. He will be fine. This is not even comparable to Mond and his first season. 

• Thanks 2

• Mr. P locked this topic