👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

50 minutes ago, WETSU said:

No youre just contradicting your arguments. You argue that its laughable to think A&M has a top 5 defense based on who they have played but then say not enough teams have played anybody. Thats contradicting and you don't even understand how. Which is it? You cannot for say A&M is not top 5 and then say there is no top 5

. By your logic, we haven't seen enough football from anyone to gather a top 5. Except A&M. We know they aren't top 5

See how stupid that sounds? 

Some teams have played decent competition, some have not.  Let them get into the meat of the schedule before you go to bragging about stuff. If you play 4-5 more games and are still holding teams to 5.7ppg then you can brag.  You’ve played one team with a pulse.  It’s not laughable.  Its not contradicting, I’m saying there’s not enough evidence against decent competition.  It’s about like bragging on being ranked #5 preseason.  Nobody really knows until about a half a season has been played.

51 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This also coming from the same guy who beat his chest over kent st rushing for 200. Now wants to say stats cab be misleading... The fact is you will manipulate ANYTHING in order to make yourself feel better about A&M. 

Geez take the foil hat off and quit thinking I’m just peeing on your head.  Anytime you let a lower tier team like Kent State rack up yards you should take notice.  Kent State is a mid major that isn’t typically very good.  Carry on with your top 5 defense.  It’ll come crashing down on you soon enough.  The roller coaster is already in the process of derailing.  Smdh 

36 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Gotta regroup after that last game. Come home and get to right the ship against Mississippi State and try to grow a little bit in the offense. Lots of inexperience is hurting us there with all the injuries. Time for some guys to get more reps and hopefully get better. 

I think you have to look real hard at the offensive identity of this team. Take the pressure off Calzada and put it on the run game. Spiller inside, Achane outside. I’m not sure how much simpler of a game plan we can get for Calzada to handle. If Johnson is out. Robinson’s out. I don’t know what we do on the o-line. Arkansas’ 3 ate our 5’s lunch. Maybe we get King back in time to turn the season around. I don’t know.

Texas and Texas A&M since 2012
DD630754-8998-4D6C-A8AF-050236713417.jpeg

2020 7-3 4th place in conference

2019 8-5 3rd place in conference 

2018 10-4 2nd place in conference 

2017 7-6 4th place in conference 

2016 5-7 tied for 6th place in conference 

2015 5-7 tied for 6th place in conference 

2014 6-7 6th place in conference 

2013 8-5 2nd place in conference 

2012 9-4 tied for 3rd place in conference 

67-48 average 4th place finish

2020 9-1 2nd place in division

2019 8-5 4th place in division 

2018 9-4 tied for 2nd place in division 

2017 7-6 tied for 3rd place in division 

2016 8-5 3rd place in division 

2015 8-5 tied for 4th place in division

2014 8-5 4th place in division 

2013 9-4 3rd place in division 

2012 11-2 tied for 2nd place in division 

77-37 average 3rd place finish

Mack Brown 17-9

Charlie Strong 16-21

Tom Herman 23-13

Kevin Sumlin 51-26

Jimbo Fisher 26-10

I see a lot more similarities between the 2 schools than I see a ton of differences. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Texas and Texas A&M since 2012
DD630754-8998-4D6C-A8AF-050236713417.jpeg

2020 7-3 4th place in conference

2019 8-5 3rd place in conference 

2018 10-4 2nd place in conference 

2017 7-6 4th place in conference 

2016 5-7 tied for 6th place in conference 

2015 5-7 tied for 6th place in conference 

2014 6-7 6th place in conference 

2013 8-5 2nd place in conference 

2012 9-4 tied for 3rd place in conference 

67-48 average 4th place finish

2020 9-1 2nd place in division

2019 8-5 4th place in division 

2018 9-4 tied for 2nd place in division 

2017 7-6 tied for 3rd place in division 

2016 8-5 3rd place in division 

2015 8-5 tied for 4th place in division

2014 8-5 4th place in division 

2013 9-4 3rd place in division 

2012 11-2 tied for 2nd place in division 

77-37 average 3rd place finish

Mack Brown 17-9

Charlie Strong 16-21

Tom Herman 23-13

Kevin Sumlin 51-26

Jimbo Fisher 26-10

I see a lot more similarities between the 2 schools than I see a ton of differences. 

RiNkYWX.gif

Dang...  I had no idea.

That's...  surprising. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Thinking positively, this team still has a chance at finishing 10-2… Next 4 games they SHOULD go 3-1 against Mississippi St, Alabama, Missouri, and South Carolina. That would put them at 6–2 going into the bye week. They should get Haynes King back after the bye. Then they have Auburn, Ole Miss, Prairie View, and LSU to finish off the season with Ole Miss and LSU being toss up games. It’s possible that A&M finishes strong. 

More importantly than Haynes is seeing development in our offensive line. They're the weak spot right now, but we've seen Jimbo teams progress week after week before. The 2018 team was MUCH better at the end of the season than the beginning. If this team can improve week by week, they can finish well. 

Sadly, I just don't see Calzada progressing that much. 

• Thanks 1

It’s on Henson to get the line coached up. I’m thinking we may have made a small mistake in not looking in the portal for a upper class QB to come in and back up King. The more I see of Calzada I’m having a hard time buying there was a QB competition. 

1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

Thinking positively, this team still has a chance at finishing 10-2… Next 4 games they SHOULD go 3-1 against Mississippi St, Alabama, Missouri, and South Carolina. That would put them at 6–2 going into the bye week. They should get Haynes King back after the bye. Then they have Auburn, Ole Miss, Prairie View, and LSU to finish off the season with Ole Miss and LSU being toss up games. It’s possible that A&M finishes strong. 

At this point I have not seen anything that makes me think A&M goes 3-1 until Haynes MIGHT be available. 

Also, I think ole miss rolls this team right now. Might beat us worse than bama unless Haynes really gets the offense going. 

43 minutes ago, Stoney said:

It’s on Henson to get the line coached up. I’m thinking we may have made a small mistake in not looking in the portal for a upper class QB to come in and back up King. The more I see of Calzada I’m having a hard time buying there was a QB competition. 

The thing is, I think Calzada has an NFL level skill set. And its hard to judge how QBs will play when they are live taking hits from practice. What's going on with Calzada is 100% between the ears and that's not always something that shows up in practice. 

King is the opposite. He's a much better gamer than he is throwing in shorts and not being able to use his legs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

At this point I have not seen anything that makes me think A&M goes 3-1 until Haynes MIGHT be available. 

Also, I think ole miss rolls this team right now. Might beat us worse than bama unless Haynes really gets the offense going. 

Ole Miss is a far better team offensively than Arkansas and probably more talented on defense...  Saturday's A&M would be out of the top 25 if they would have played Ole Miss instead of Arkansas IMHO... and the sad part is that it has everything to do with the QB play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Ole Miss is a far better team offensively than Arkansas and probably more talented on defense...  Saturday's A&M would be out of the top 25 if they would have played Ole Miss instead of Arkansas IMHO... and the sad part is that it has everything to do with the QB play.

Yep. Thats why I'm so mad about the loss. I honestly don't think Jimbo could have tried any harder NOT to win that game. It was the worst coaching game of his career and that includes blowing a 17 point lead in the 4th quarter at Auburn in 2018 with your running back averaging 6.3 yards per carry on the game but gets 1 carry in the 4th. 

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yep. Thats why I'm so mad about the loss. I honestly don't think Jimbo could have tried any harder NOT to win that game. It was the worst coaching game of his career and that includes blowing a 17 point lead in the 4th quarter at Auburn in 2018 with your running back averaging 6.3 yards per carry on the game but gets 1 carry in the 4th. 

Yeah, watching this game with absolutely no agenda, I was shocked by how aggressively he was trying to make the passing game happen.

What was the pass/run ratio? Like, 30-something passes to 20-something runs? That's nuts! I mean, sure, Arkie's defense was bringing some lumber, but I guarantee you A&M would've moved the chains more if they'd run the ball a minimum of 30 times. Heck, I wouldn't have thrown it 30 times even with Haynes starting. 

EDIT: Just checked the box score. Spiller had 12 rushes and Achane had 5. Five?!!!! That is pathetic. I hope y'all tear Jimbo a new one on Twitter/sports radio. 

16 minutes ago, LOL said:

Yeah, watching this game with absolutely no agenda, I was shocked by how aggressively he was trying to make the passing game happen.

What was the pass/run ratio? Like, 30-something passes to 20-something runs? That's nuts! I mean, sure, Arkie's defense was bringing some lumber, but I guarantee you A&M would've moved the chains more if they'd run the ball a minimum of 30 times. Heck, I wouldn't have thrown it 30 times even with Haynes starting. 

EDIT: Just checked the box score. Spiller had 12 rushes and Achane had 5. Five?!!!! That is pathetic. I hope y'all tear Jimbo a new one on Twitter/sports radio. 

A closer look at the statline: Isaiah Spiller 12att 95yds (7.9 avg) 1td.

Um...  so that means if he'd rushed the ball 30 times, he would've had around 200 yards? (That's rounding down.) You're telling me he wouldn't have had another TD or so? Or at least put A&M in position for a field goal? 

Sorry...  that loss is on Jimbo. Credit to Arkansas, but Jimbo choked. 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, LOL said:

A closer look at the statline: Isaiah Spiller 12att 95yds (7.9 avg) 1td.

Um...  so that means if he'd rushed the ball 30 times, he would've had around 200 yards? (That's rounding down.) You're telling me He wouldn't have had another TD or so? Or at least put A&M in position for a field goal? 

Sorry...  that loss is on Jimbo. Credit to Arkansas, but Jimbo choked. 

This was what had me so mad... With spiller and achane even if you were predictable and ran even into heavy boxes all it takes is one missed assignment and those two have HR potential. Even if you just kept to the running game and pounded 2-3 yarders away eventually that one or two play action attempts that even just net 8-10 yards keeps them off balance. 

All in all this loss was a game that is 100 Jimbo. I can't even blame calzada at this point because its a 7 point game in the 4th quarter and Jimbo has watched calzada be awful for 3 quarters.  The fact that spiller and achane weren't called more after that big run is on Jimbo. Jimbo fisher lost this game. Not Calzada. Not a young banged up oline. Not a defense that gave up a big pass play. Not even an arkansas team that was dominant and you simply couldn't do anything. This loss is 100% of Jimbo Fisher and nobody else. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This was what had me so mad... With spiller and achane even if you were predictable and ran even into heavy boxes all it takes is one missed assignment and those two have HR potential. Even if you just kept to the running game and pounded 2-3 yarders away eventually that one or two play action attempts that even just net 8-10 yards keeps them off balance. 

All in all this loss was a game that is 100 Jimbo. I can't even blame calzada at this point because its a 7 point game in the 4th quarter and Jimbo has watched calzada be awful for 3 quarters.  The fact that spiller and achane weren't called more after that big run is on Jimbo. Jimbo fisher lost this game. Not Calzada. Not a young banged up oline. Not a defense that gave up a big pass play. Not even an arkansas team that was dominant and you simply couldn't do anything. This loss is 100% of Jimbo Fisher and nobody else. 

Yep, the Razorbacks ran the ball 40+ times against A&M solid defense...  and won. 

Just now, LOL said:

Yep, the Razorbacks ran the ball 40+ times against A&M solid defense...  and won. 

Yep. 

I think Jimbo lost faith in his oline and defense this week. They complete two passes and all the sudden are up 17-0 and he called the rest of the game like they were going to need to score 40 to win. After that big 3rd quarter run to bring it to 17-10 and KJ was hurt I thought to myself "Okay Jimbo you have to see that your defense is keeping you in this just like they did vs CU. Trust the running game and play field position and this is a game you win." But then he continued to be pass happy and probably just watched what little chance he had at a 10 win season slip down the drain. 

• Like 1

What’s the timeline for King’s return? Someone was saying a month would be optimistic. I don’t know. I think you take the ball out of Calzada’s hands and stick to one of the oldest ways of winning football: run the ball and play good defense.

1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

If we lose to Miss St, Missouri or South Carolina that will look extremely bad on Jimbo, even with Calzada at QB. This team is far more talented than all 3 of those teams and by no means should lose to them. 

Ole Miss will definitely be a toss up game. With King back for that game, I think we will make it a game and possibly win. King brings something else to this offense that Calzada just can’t. The O-line should be improved by then. 

Ole miss at this point is not a toss up game my friend. Neither is assuming King will be back this season. I'm hoping but injuries are funny. 

A&M could likely be a true run heavy team and give spiller and achane 15-20 carries apiece and control games with defense and be okay. But Jimbo is stubborn. 

9 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

I’m just not sold on Ole Miss yet… Yeah their offensive looks explosive and yeah they have some playmakers. Who have they played though? I guess I’ll have a better opinion on them after this weeken

Man with how poor calzada looked if Jimbo doesnt run the ball anyone that can score 17+ will beat us any given week. There isn't a game left on the schedule we should feel good about until King is back or Jimbo makes an adjustment. 

• Thanks 1

• Mr. P locked this topic