👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

2 hours ago, LOL said:

Yeah...  I just...  I just can't even imagine what he's thinking. 

Like many coaches, he's a little too confident in his play calling abilities sometimes. Lots of guys tend to make the game more complicated than it needs to be. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, WETSU said:

I do think most of that is on jimbos play calling though. 

Its silly to think A&M should be "worried" about their future at this moment because of a couple of bad weeks with this many injuries. Especially in a year where virtually everyone has had poor games. 

You know... you guys say Calzone (i screwed it up on purpose), looks good in shorts... he sucks making reads...  Why doesn't he just line them up and air it out?  Although, I haven't seen much separation in the WR category either to just drop back and drop bombs...  I don't know... is there a fix to this?  If the fix is King, that means the back-up plan was never thought of or developed...  which was literally Jimbo's downfall at FSU.  He developed nothing after crab legs left.

• Like 1

Just now, MavGrad99 said:

You know... you guys say Calzone (i screwed it up on purpose), looks good in shorts... he #### making reads...  Why doesn't he just line them up and air it out?  Although, I haven't seen much separation in the WR category either to just drop back and drop bombs...  I don't know... is there a fix to this?  If the fix is King, that means the back-up plan was never thought of or developed...  which was literally Jimbo's downfall at FSU.  He developed nothing after crab legs left.

He's fine as long as he can't be hit. Everything wrong with him is his internal clock. He's either way too fast and rushing which causes him to panic or be inaccurate or he's too slow and has know awareness and takes a sack or is late on a throw. 

And as far as just throwing, if Fisher would have just stuck to the run game play action deep throws would have been there. This is just as much on fisher as it Calzada. Probably more. 

I do think he had a backup plan with calzada its just he didnt know what he had. Calzada does not play this way when he's on a red jersey. Jimbo had no way of knowing what he had until the kid got in a game. 

That’s the million ($9m?) dollar question. If the passing game isn’t working but the running game is, why stick with the pass? I kinda believe Mav that our WRs aren’t being coached up as well as they could be. Then again in a pro style offense do they need to be? 

Back after the bowl game, there was a rumor going around that A&M was looking at a transfer portal QB to come in. There was speculation that it meant competition for King/Calzada. Hindsight, I think having a veteran QB would have helped out the QB room. 

14 hours ago, WETSU said:

Like many coaches, he's a little too confident in his play calling abilities sometimes. Lots of guys tend to make the game more complicated than it needs to be. 

Oh, I wouldn't know anything about that.  ;) 

27 minutes ago, WETSU said:

A&M so beat up right now... I haven't seen a season this injury filled in some time. The list of guys not going today is crazy. 

Aki is out? Chappell and Harmon starting?

• Mr. P locked this topic