👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

My new king? Dude get a grip. Nobody on here has anointed Calzada except you. 

I thought Calzada stunk.  He was the reason I said Bama would beat you guys by 40 and it would be over by halftime.  Apparently fisher was Sandbagging just to beat Saban’s rump while he’s still there.  Lol.  Now I’m being told by Aggies they should probably win the sec now.  

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I thought Calzada stunk.  He was the reason I said Bama would beat you guys by 40 and it would be over by halftime.  Apparently fisher was Sandbagging just to beat Saban’s rump while he’s still there.  Lol.  Now I’m being told by Aggies they should probably win the sec now.  

Who's telling you that? Everyone on this site has already expressed they do not even think A&M wins out...

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

His jr year he was surrounded by far superior talent so I don’t buy the hurt BS.  He just didn’t have the talent around him.  Don’t think his HC/father wouldn’t put it out that he was hurt…., he was the top rated qb that year.  It might hurt his appeal if he didn’t look the part anymore.  How can someone that looks equal to case McCoy be the top rated qb in the country???

Calzada has earned the right to be the man.  He beat Bama.  King struggled with Kent St

What superior talent did he have? Any D1 players?

He had offers and was still sought after. Regardless my issue is with the article cherry-picking and not knowing what it was talking about. He performed well at the Manning Camp and others, regardless of his performance his senior year (which was good but not as good as 2018). 

20 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Who's telling you that? Everyone on this site has already expressed they do not even think A&M wins out...

Lmao. That’s what he does. Makes stuff up that nobody said then says “I told you so” when the stuff he made up doesn’t come true. Must’ve had a bad day that he’s making up THIS much to pick a fight tho. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

What superior talent did he have? Any D1 players?

He had offers and was still sought after. Regardless my issue is with the article cherry-picking and not knowing what it was talking about. He performed well at the Manning Camp and others, regardless of his performance his senior year (which was good but not as good as 2018). 

That state champ team was loads with talent all over.  You don’t have to be d1 to be good.  Lots of good players slip through the cracks 

6 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Hey guys I heard from Texas fans that they’d be national champs and now everyone is saying they need a new OL as they sit at 4-3. Not sure what to believe any more!

Do you think Jimbo was sandbagging on Bama or Calzada just had an out of body experience that night?

40 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Do you think Jimbo was sandbagging on Bama or Calzada just had an out of body experience that night?

Not johnny but I'll answer. Did Jimbo intentionally lose two games just to sneak up on bama? No. He did have a few looks saved just for bama, but every coach does that for big games. 

What really happened for the bama game is the oline played its best game of the year, the defense called its best blitz packages, the 12th man was loud and finally calzada played loose and just threw the ball and trusted his guys instead of trying to be perfect. Could he do it again? Who knows. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Not johnny but I'll answer. Did Jimbo intentionally lose two games just to sneak up on bama? No. He did have a few looks saved just for bama, but every coach does that for big games. 

What really happened for the bama game is the oline played its best game of the year, the defense called its best blitz packages, the 12th man was loud and finally calzada played loose and just threw the ball and trusted his guys instead of trying to be perfect. Could he do it again? Who knows. 

I think he just played outside of his limitations and Bama struggled for once.  The DL was extra salty that night.  When you can pressure with 4 and get home with few blitz packages you can confuse the best of qb’s with even basic coverages.  Could Calzada have that type of night against Bama again.  I think you said it best….who knows.  To me that means you wouldn’t be confident in it repeating itself

and yes, coaches do sand bag.  And sometimes it backfires.  I don’t think Jimbo did this, but have had some friends that are Aggies that believe he was trying to coast and win without showing a lot.  

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I think he just played outside of his limitations and Bama struggled for once.  The DL was extra salty that night.  When you can pressure with 4 and get home with few blitz packages you can confuse the best of qb’s with even basic coverages.  Could Calzada have that type of night against Bama again.  I think you said it best….who knows.  To me that means you wouldn’t be confident in it repeating itself

and yes, coaches do sand bag.  And sometimes it backfires.  I don’t think Jimbo did this, but have had some friends that are Aggies that believe he was trying to coast and win without showing a lot.  

I agree they saved some packages that could have helped them win. Especially against Miss st. But A&M is better than Arkansas and miss st. I think by a good bit. They just got beat by being too vanilla and having a QB who wasn't ready. It is what it is... No excuses for it. 

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

What’s the difference in sandbagging vs not showing everything. 

A&M was extremely vanilla on defense against Miss St whereas they were super creative against Alabama with blitzes. I think that’s a case of not showing everything which is a form of sandbagging. What’s sandbagging to you? 

3 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

What’s the difference in sandbagging vs not showing everything. 

A&M was extremely vanilla on defense against Miss St whereas they were super creative against Alabama with blitzes. I think that’s a case of not showing everything which is a form of sandbagging. What’s sandbagging to you? 

You could look at it multiple ways, and yes they could be looked at similarly, but the difference is the intent IMO.  I think fisher was keeping things as basic as he could to help Calzada out, and he still struggled.  Since they’ve beaten Bama, I’m being told that Jimbo was holding back and it backfired.  He turned the horses loose against Bama!!  

now keep in mind, I never said anybody here said this

46 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Gotcha. 

I mean really the only people who know Jimbo's intent are Jimbo and maybe his coordinators. Anything else is purely speculation. So if some Aggies are saying that, they're just taking a wild guess and/or trying to rationalize how we could lose to Mississippi State and beat Alabama. 

Thus the sandbagging/backfire comments.  I don’t think fisher would risk losing a game like that…

My take is that coaches go into a game with what they think will be enough to win with a "minimum" game plan and do not necessarily practice weekly all of the wrinkles of their playbook.  Using Fisher as the example here, perhaps he thought that the game plans of the preceding losses were sufficient to win the games if executed properly.  Not that he was "holding back".  Perhaps he knew that in order to beat Bama he would have to use the balance of the playbook not previously used because he knew that what had been previously used would not get the job done.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

My take is that coaches go into a game with what they think will be enough to win with a "minimum" game plan and do not necessarily practice weekly all of the wrinkles of their playbook.  Using Fisher as the example here, perhaps he thought that the game plans of the preceding losses were sufficient to win the games if executed properly.  Not that he was "holding back".  Perhaps he knew that in order to beat Bama he would have to use the balance of the playbook not previously used because he knew that what had been previously used would not get the job done.

This is accurate. Any given week coaches have a game plan they rep against certain looks they expect to get based off film. Sometimes, what you game planned for is not working but its not like you can always just call something you might have in the playbook but haven't repped much. Especially in a offense like Jimbos that is timing based and requires lots of reads by both the QB and WR presnap as well as mid play. 

Just got finished watching the replay. Had a late start to the game because of a wedding... 

South Carolina had 6 yards of total offense through 3 quarters with the starters in. Wow. I get they have some QB issues at south carolina but thats a dang good showing from the starting group. Backups gave up some points and yards but you expect that from freshman getting their first reps. A&M hasn't had a game yet they could even get those guys in. 

Very big difference in how the oline is playing and the rbs are being worked in the game. In the first 3 quarters Spiller and Achane combined for 41 touches 250+ yards and 2 Tds. Thats what everyone expected and wanted to see entering the season. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

Just got finished watching the replay. Had a late start to the game because of a wedding... 

South Carolina had 6 yards of total offense through 3 quarters with the starters in. Wow. I get they have some QB issues at south carolina but thats a dang good showing from the starting group. Backups gave up some points and yards but you expect that from freshman getting their first reps. A&M hasn't had a game yet they could even get those guys in. 

Very big difference in how the oline is playing and the rbs are being worked in the game. In the first 3 quarters Spiller and Achane combined for 41 touches 250+ yards and 2 Tds. Thats what everyone expected and wanted to see entering the season. 

Bold above is an awesome defensive performance even if you’re playing a team full of inexperienced freshmen. Impressive.

18 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Any word on when King is coming back?

He's not this year. Will probably be available in 2-3 weeks for emergency duty but they are going to rest him to let him completely heal. Might get some reps for the bowl game but doubtful. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Bold above is an awesome defensive performance even if you’re playing a team full of inexperienced freshmen. Impressive.

It is. Elko has really dialed up the pressure the last 3 weeks. 

• Like 2

Tyree Johnson has flashed enough to make him a late round prospect off the edge. 6 sacks in the last 3 games in elko's system is impressive. He's been wasted for 2 years being forced to play that colapse but contain style. He could have been pushing for the nation lead in sacks if turned loose.  He isn't going to hold up to the run well but he's got incredible speed and bend off the edge. 

• Mr. P locked this topic