👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

51 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Am I the only one on here seeing the irony that the school of the 12th Man can’t field a team?

It’s crazy. It’s funny how they go looking for Covid that suddenly there’s a ton of guys come down with it. In the middle of winter. During flu season. We had Nick Starkel and Jake Hubenak asking on Twitter if they could come back and play the bowl game after Calzada left. Let’s just make it an alumni game and be done with it.

10 hours ago, Stoney said:

I mean it’s not 1922 any more. This is D1 football, not intramurals. Guys would be risking serious injury in a meaningless game if they played with 13 guys on defense. 

He needs to worry about beating Kansas more than A&M not playing in a bowl due to injury, opt out, and covid. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, country said:

They maybe.

The Medical folks have blamed the virus on a lot of things to cancel.

I think the Covid is over played especially since they are actively going out and hunting for it it. Flu season hits and magically everybody has Covid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

So how much money did A&M pay Jimbo for each win this year. $1.25 million per win? 😀

You have got a very simplistic view of things.  See, not all wins are created equal. One of those wins was over Alabama, who will likely win the championship. One of those as over auburn, both wins which boosted A&M in recruiting, setting up our team’s future. Not only that, it was with a team that was decimated by injuries all season long. If you’re so simple that you want to reduce a season simply to “wins”, then so be it. Anyone with a brain can see beyond that. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

No, that’s not what you’re hearing…. It’s straight from Texas boards. Yes I’m calling BS on locals saying that to you. 

He has no clue. Even if someone was “local” to College Station, they have no clue about the inner workings of A&M athletics. 
I can’t believe this site allows bs rumors like what he was spouting, yet jumped at the opportunity to suspend and ban people for even hinting at Gilmer recruiting. 

• Like 1

You are saying its wrong to question things?

I never said it was true, in fact my 1st word was Rumor.

Was a thought I wanted to share hoping for some form of critical thinking.

I cannot believe people are just willing to accept anything that comes across the news.

8 minutes ago, country said:

You are saying its wrong to question things?

I never said it was true, in fact my 1st word was Rumor.

Was a thought I wanted to share hoping for some form of critical thinking.

I cannot believe people are just willing to accept anything that comes across the news.

I mean we could say a rumor exists about anything by that line of thinking. I heard a rumor that you beat your wife. I'm not saying it's true... Just a rumor I heard. 

You posted a rumor, it quickly got shut down because your "source" (if it even exists) is a joke that has no inside knowledge of the program. The end. No "critical thinking" is needed because you posted a completely baseless rumor with nothing to back it up.

It’s more than just COVID. The transfer portal and early draft declarations is hurting football and the bowl system. I saw that there were 1000 players entering the transfer portal since October. Star players sitting out to protect their draft stock.. it’s only going to get worse

10 opt outs

-2 portal entrants

-12 too injured to play

Here's why A&M bailed: "In addition to the outbreak & injuries, A&M also had TE Jalen Wydermyer & RB Isaiah Spiller declare for the NFL draft. QB Zach Calzada, who started 10x in '21, entered the transfer portal. Wouldn't fit A&M's narrative to lose to Wake for 2nd time in 5 yrs

• Thanks 1
  • Grumpy 1

42 minutes ago, country said:

At least now you admit you were wrong in your 1st interpretation of my post. No reason to get nasty.

Do some research some time. You might learn something.

The flu shutdown A&M

I'm not incorrect about anything. You made a claim, it was a rumor, you were quickly shut up over it. 

Before you post rumors, you should at LEAST try to have a source behind it. Not just "I KNOW SOMEONE WHO LIVES NEARBY" lmao

23 minutes ago, country said:

It’s more than just COVID. The transfer portal and early draft declarations is hurting football and the bowl system. I saw that there were 1000 players entering the transfer portal since October. Star players sitting out to protect their draft stock.. it’s only going to get worse

10 opt outs

-2 portal entrants

-12 too injured to play

Here's why A&M bailed: "In addition to the outbreak & injuries, A&M also had TE Jalen Wydermyer & RB Isaiah Spiller declare for the NFL draft. QB Zach Calzada, who started 10x in '21, entered the transfer portal. Wouldn't fit A&M's narrative to lose to Wake for 2nd time in 5 yrs

This has been known from the beginning. A&M was down 20 someodd players due to opt outs/transfers and then another 20 due to covid. Nothing to do with players "revolting", which was what you originally, claimed  

Also, try to come up with your own thoughts. Copying/pasting stuff from other sites does nothing, really. It's as easily shut down as your little rumor. Not to mention, whoever's thoughts you stole aren't involved with A&M athletics either, and they know nothing. Just like you. 

Implying A&M is "scared" to play Wake Forest is a joke. The NCAA won't let us play, and with only 13 scholarship players on defense (most at DB), there isn't really any way A&M can field a team in a modern game of football. 

• Mr. P locked this topic