🏈🏈🏈2021 Dist. 5-3A Div. 1 Football 🏈🏈🏈

gamewatcher63

On 10/27/2021 at 6:49 PM, Jeepster89 said:

Mv wins this week and takes the district going into the district finale against Howe. Β 
Β 

This will definitely be a great game. Β Can’t believe this district is just so quiet in the smoaky threads this year. Β Just nonexistent. Β 

Ya I guess there isn’t many posters in our district.Β 
Game tomorrow night should be a good one, will like to see if MV gets tested a little bit before playoffsΒ 

22 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Ya I guess there isn’t many posters in our district.Β 
Game tomorrow night should be a good one, will like to see if MV gets tested a little bit before playoffsΒ 

Mv beats Pottsboro 37-14 to win the district title. Great regular season tigers. Let’s get ready for some playoff football.Β 

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2021 at 3:52 PM, gamewatcher63 said:

2020 was a tough year for everyone and 5-3A turned out to be one of the toughest districts in the state. What does 2021 have in store?

Bonham:Β  2-8 (1 forfeit) Their best playmaker #4 graduates, they seemed to rely on him for everything. Need to develop more ball carriers.

Commerce: 5-5 (3 forfeits) They graduate their backfield but always seem to have new playmakers show up. As always discipline is in need for the Tigers.

Howe: 0-10 (1 forfeit)Β  The Bulldogs just need to be able to get some first downs and sustain drives, get some experience in close games. Maybe get a win or two in pre-district.

Mineola: 11-2 Dist.ChampsΒ  Both losses to MV. Jackets lose Sneed and Anderson to graduation, both D1 signees. Mineola needs to develop more ball handlers so Pendergrass isn't the only option. Moreland did a great job in his first year at QB, Jackets need more of a passing game with multiple reads instead of just 3-4 of the same routs.Β 

Mount Vernon: 12-3 (2 forfeits) Tigers lose playmaker Nellor, and Coach Briles left for bigger and better things. Will have to wait and see who the new coach is but whoever it is will have a deep roster to pull from.Β 

Pottsboro: 9-3 (2 forfeits) Cards lose Plyler but Coach Poe always finds new talent to take over. They were up and down for 2020 mainly due to QB playing hurt for most of the year. Loss to Malakoff had to hurt after seeing MV beat Mally.Β 

Rains: 6-4 Wildcats will be looking for new coach and a new playmaker after the graduation of Sheppard. I believe McCree took over for some games and did a good job. Wildcats need more discipline, have way too many flags to win against good teams.Β 

Winnsboro: 7-3 Β (1 forfeit)Β  Raiders will be in good shape with Coach Finney and are suppose to have some players moving up though the program to make an impact.

So what do ya'll think.....Β Β  Β  Β Β Β 

Well with the MV loss to Brock D5D1 is over for 2021…

Team of the district is MV making it back to the semifinals 2 years running….

Surprise team would be Bonham…making it to the playoffs.Β 
Β 

Pottsboro started off with some ugly losses but got turned around and β€œstunned” Tatum in the first round.

Winnsboro opened their new stadium during the season but didn’t make the playoffs…I’m sure they will rebound

Rains was Rains….Commerce was Commerce…and Howe was Howe

I’m not sure how Mineola proceeds from here…they need more participation….it’s really hard to watch only 24 players suit up for Varsity and 2 of them are kickers only. There has to be some kids walking the halls that can help…the season was hard with the QB out for the first of the season and Pendergrass out for 2 games. Like I said in the first post they have to have more options than just Penni….pretty much shut him down and the Jacket offense would stall. Redding did good up until he was hurt and Davis filled in well but most teams keyed in on Penni no matter where he lined up.Β 

On to new districts…
Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Well with the MV loss to Brock D5D1 is over for 2021…

Team of the district is MV making it back to the semifinals 2 years running….

Surprise team would be Bonham…making it to the playoffs.Β 
Β 

Pottsboro started off with some ugly losses but got turned around and β€œstunned” Tatum in the first round.

Winnsboro opened their new stadium during the season but didn’t make the playoffs…I’m sure they will rebound

Rains was Rains….Commerce was Commerce…and Howe was Howe

I’m not sure how Mineola proceeds from here…they need more participation….it’s really hard to watch only 24 players suit up for Varsity and 2 of them are kickers only. There has to be some kids walking the halls that can help…the season was hard with the QB out for the first of the season and Pendergrass out for 2 games. Like I said in the first post they have to have more options than just Penni….pretty much shut him down and the Jacket offense would stall. Redding did good up until he was hurt and Davis filled in well but most teams keyed in on Penni no matter where he lined up.Β 

On to new districts…
Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

It was a fun district the last two years. Hopefully we can stay East and kick those teams like Howe,Bonham, Potts back westΒ