Jump to content

🏈🏈🏈2021 Dist. 5-3A Div. 1 Football 🏈🏈🏈


gamewatcher63

Recommended Posts

Guest Tiger03lb
5 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

I definitely do not think Pottsboro is better than Winny 

These are picks for this weeks games. Not the the district. Lol. I think this district will be up in the air again. If MV sleeps on Winny or Minny it could bite them. Potts could take the 4th spot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still think this district is MV, Minny, and Winny with Potts likely in the 4th spot. Minny has 22 and he can really carry that team and give opponents fits. Winny showed some incredible ability to utilize the qb with his legs and arm. Will definitely be fun moving forward in the rest of district play. Our key will be whether or not we allow last nights game to define us. We need to stay positive and keep our heads up and realize just how good we can be. Going to be fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chevyman said:

MV  3-0

Potts  3-0

Minny 2-1

Bonham 2-1

Winny  1-2

Rains  1-2

Commerce  0-3

Howe  0-3

Someone much smarter than i can probably lay out the early playoff picture but this looks to be a very competitive race to the finish line.

I predict at least two “upsets” in remaining games which will cause even more issues with the math problem.  MV and Mineola are likely in either way based on schedule.  The other two spots are open.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I predict at least two “upsets” in remaining games which will cause even more issues with the math problem.  MV and Mineola are likely in either way based on schedule.  The other two spots are open.

Potts remaining 4 games are the other 4 of the top 5 so that will be interesting. One of the scenarios has 3 teams at 4-3 dependent on the potential upsets. You are right though based on schedules left. Who are your upset picks?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Potts remaining 4 games are the other 4 of the top 5 so that will be interesting. One of the scenarios has 3 teams at 4-3 dependent on the potential upsets. You are right though based on schedules left. Who are your upset picks?

Mv vs winny is always the game that worries me.  No matter how good either team is it always seems that they always play super close to each other.  I think mv does lose a district game this could be the upset.  I’m hoping not, but I am always stressed when this game rolls around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jeepster89 said:

Mv vs winny is always the game that worries me.  No matter how good either team is it always seems that they always play super close to each other.  I think mv does lose a district game this could be the upset.  I’m hoping not, but I am always stressed when this game rolls around. 

It will/should be a great game. We need to correct a few things but i know that we will no doubt be ready. There will be a much heightened sense of urgency for us as we will be needing every win we can get and then some in these remaining 4 games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chevyman said:

Potts remaining 4 games are the other 4 of the top 5 so that will be interesting. One of the scenarios has 3 teams at 4-3 dependent on the potential upsets. You are right though based on schedules left. Who are your upset picks?

I don’t know enough about all the teams to answer that question specifically.  Just know there are a lot of teams bunched together and history says those at the top will likely have a loss when it’s said & done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pottsboro and Mount Vernon clinch playoff spots with wins

Howe is all but eliminated with a loss -- it would take about a dozen combinations to keep them in the hunt. The Rains-Commerce loser will be on life support

 

The odds are pretty good going into the last week the four playoff spots are clinched and seeding is wrapped up.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...