πŸ”΄ Sooners 2021 thread

Mr. P

25 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I died πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Β 

Back in the day I was a pretty damn good street basketball player, and it was common parlance of the time to call any ball-hoggin' blankety-blank who thought he was god's gift to the court (but had no range) "Baby Jordan."Β 

As in: "don't pass it to Baby Jordan over there. He'll just shoot that same broke-### fadeaway!"

We gonna start calling Rattler, "Baby Mahomes."

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

@LOLΒ does Rattler start the next game? The only reason I ask is....

1- I didn't read through the thread.

2- Because Riley put him in on the 2 point conversation ( for some unknown reason)

I think Williams is the man going forward.Β 
I’m guessing when they worked 2pt stuff all week that SR was running those. I thought that made the most sense on putting him in for that play

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

2- Because Riley put him in on the 2 point conversation ( for some unknown reason)

Legit questions...Β 

1.) No, I don't think you start Williams next week. I mean, I would, but I'm just some random guy. Riley has to think about the locker room and optics and recruiting and etc. BUT I think Rattler and Williams split QB1 reps this week, and Riley makes it clear to Rattler than he can and will be yanked at first signs of hero ball.Β 

2.) Frankly, I suspect the 2-pt play is something that's been in the playbook so long that Riley went to the guy who ran it the most.Β 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

1.) I think Williams is the man going forward.Β 

2.)Β I’m guessing when they worked 2pt stuff all week that SR was running those. I thought that made the most sense on putting him in for that play

1.) Yeah, Williams is my QB1, but I understand if Riley tries to give Rattler another shot to "win back" his spot. I disagree, but I get it.Β 

2.) Yep, same. Pretty sure this is a set package they practice regularly, and Rattler probably gets 99 percent of the reps at it.Β Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

And it's obvious Lincoln's offense works better when you have a TRUE duel threat QB. Dual threat works better with that offensive line.Β 

This is the thing that's always stuck with me about Rattler...Β  if you take the last three star QBs we've had, Mayfield/Murray/Hurts, all three of them could move. The slowest of which was Mayfield, but he was weirdly elusive in a way not reflected in a 40 time.Β 

Rattler is a "throwback" pocket passer with a strong arm, but not really agile in or out of the pocket. That might work if you're Tom Brady, but not if you're not. The comparisons to Mahomes need to end, like yesterday. Mahomes could always run around and make plays. Rattler, not so much.Β 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

To your point, this is not a good look. Not a good look at all.Β 

Your team is still on the field celebrating, and you walk off alone.

Β 

Not a good look.Β 

Β 

56 minutes ago, LOL said:

C'mon man, just say it...Β  you're gonna start Spencer, then bench him after he has two or three inexplicable turnovers. Rinse, repeat.Β 

Maaaaan I've been cheering against OU all year...... Right up until they put in Caleb Williams you could just see how the team responded to him. You can just tell that he's a team player that they guys love. Unlike Rattler who is on Team Spencer, not OU.Β 

I hope they start Caleb Williams the rest of the way- I'd be a fan, for one.Β 

• Like 1

Here's some numbers, take them for what you will...

Against Texas: with Rattler under center for 32 snaps, the Sooners gained 169 yards. 111 passing yards, 58 rushing yards, 8 first downs and they averaged 5.3 yards per play.

Against Texas, with Williams under center for 50 snaps, the Sooners gained 493 yards. 212 passing yards. 281 rushing yards. 18 first downs and they averaged 10.1 yards per play.

10.1 YARDS PER PLAY!

• Mr. P locked this topic