🔴 Sooners 2021 thread

Mr. P

1 hour ago, LOL said:

Nah. I'm good. I'd rather struggle for a season or two if it means a rebuild. It's long overdue. 

Are you interested in an up and comer right now, such as Jeff Traylor or establish P5 coach like Campbell? 

Do you like Venebles? With who as OC? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Are you interested in an up and comer right now, such as Jeff Traylor or establish P5 coach like Campbell? 

If you go with Venebles then I think the OC list starts with Grimes at Baylor and Lebby at Ole Miss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Hmm, it's tempting, but I've got a total East Texas bias for Traylor. He'd be a hard sale to Sooner nation though. I'd love Campbell, I'm on record wishing we had someone like him. But it remains to be seen if his approach would "work" with 4-star and 5-star prima donnas. 

I like Venables. He's a hardass and a solid recruiter. Also, with him as HC we'd be able to have a dedicated OC/playcaller. 

25 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

If you go with Venebles then I think the OC list starts with Grimes at Baylor and Lebby at Ole Miss.

Co-sign. I also like Briles. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

Stoops as interim...A lot of interest in Kingsbury supposedly. His contract is also up next year in Arizona and this could be posturing for an extension

I don't see this. Dude has proven he's a legit NFL coach. I don't know why he'd come back to college until he loses Kyler. 

• Like 1

I just don’t understand this move. He’s in a far better situation with OU. He’s got a far better roster at OU, young QB, consistently in the playoff hunt, etc. USC is not what it was. They’re aren’t a good football team. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I just don’t understand this move. He’s in a far better situation with OU. He’s got a far better roster at OU, young QB, consistently in the playoff hunt, etc. USC is not what it was. They’re aren’t a good football team. 

36 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I don’t really care that Riley is leaving. I just care that it is going to ### up recruiting for three years right as we are entering the SEC.

Saw at least one decommit already. I know a DT that I’d like to see flip. Lol OU to USC seems like a step down. That’s a huge rebuild he’s fixing to have to handle. When he took over OU it was more of a reload than a rebuild. Can he do it? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Saw at least one decommit already. I know a DT that I’d like to see flip. Lol OU to USC seems like a step down. That’s a huge rebuild he’s fixing to have to handle. When he took over OU it was more of a reload than a rebuild. Can he do it? 

Oklahoma wasn’t even a reload. He was given the keys to a team that should have won the NC. 

The team got worse every year of his tenure.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

The QB? If not he just did it, got an alert about it. The Mater Dai kid is probably next. 

• Mr. P locked this topic