🔴 Sooners 2021 thread

Mr. P

36 minutes ago, mellon said:

Didn't OU fans go scorched earth on Venable's defense when he was there before?

Scorched earth? I think that's overstating it.

I mean, yeah, there was certainly plenty of criticism...  for him and Kevin Wilson (the OC at the time). That's the nature of the business. 

Venables wasn't hired for his job performance a decade ago though. 

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Sigh….

Flush our first real “NC” chasing DL class down the toilet now I guess. 

This is precisely why I don't follow recruiting. No sense getting all amped up about dudes who're never gonna play for you. 

And yeah, I expected most of the defensive staff gone. It's Brent's program now, and he needs his people in there. 

It's not optimal to do it this way, but this is the chaos Riley created. I hope there will come a time when OU can dish out some payback. 

10 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Sigh….

Flush our first real “NC” chasing DL class down the toilet now I guess. 

BV is letting go all of the defensive staff. Looks like Bedenbaugh, Murray, Gundy, and Finley will be retained on offense.

Might should’ve kept them through NSD1. 

I did read on that BV was going to in-home with recent Texas commit and long time OU commit Kobie McKenzie

24 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Might should’ve kept them through NSD1. 

I did read on that BV was going to in-home with recent Texas commit and long time OU commit Kobie McKenzie

That might have been true 5 years ago, but now a kid could just immediately transfer anyways. I’m not sure how much good that would have done.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LOL said:

This is precisely why I don't follow recruiting. No sense getting all amped up about dudes who're never gonna play for you. 

And yeah, I expected most of the defensive staff gone. It's Brent's program now, and he needs his people in there. 

It's not optimal to do it this way, but this is the chaos Riley created. I hope there will come a time when OU can dish out some payback. 

I expected some, but honestly the Gabe Dindy/ Kobe McKenzie decommitments were frustrating to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I expected some, but honestly the Gabe Dindy/ Kobe McKenzie decommitments were frustrating to me.

Sure, and like I said: this is not optimal. It's not the way I wanted to change the culture. But here we are. 

• Mr. P locked this topic