🔴 Sooners 2021 thread

Mr. P

40 minutes ago, LOL said:

BREAKING NEWS: 夏の全盛期から見るとコロナの勢いの失い具合すごくて、去年のスティーラーズのことを思い出す!!!!!!!

Ha I double checked. His name isn't in the directory. 

12 hours ago, LOL said:

Yeah, but it's a crying shame we can't have a good defense and a good offense at the same time. 

That’s like dating Miss October and being upset that she can’t discuss the finer points of “All The Pretty Horses” with you. You can’t have it all. 

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

That’s like dating Miss October and being upset that she can’t discuss the finer points of “All The Pretty Horses” with you. You can’t have it all. 

At this point I'd settle for Miss Rusk County and the DaVinci Code. 

• LOL! 1

Everyone’s Wondering Same Thing About Oklahoma’s Caleb Williams
https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/everyones-wondering-same-thing-about-oklahoma-caleb-williams

Whoa whoa whoa, let's pump the brakes on the Heisman talk. 

No one is more excited than I am about Caleb's emergence, but c'mon, he had a pretty good half against UT's struggling defense and a pretty good game against a majorly undermanned TCU defense. While he's certainly helped open up our offense, the Heisman is the last thing we need to be thinking about. Let's get through the rest of the conference slate first. 

If he continues to excel and we're undefeated come December, then by all means: bring on the Heisman hype. 

But for now let's focus about winning games. Trophy talk is rat poison. 

Oklahoma still has two quarterbacks
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32411997/oklahoma-qb-situation-cincinnati-playoff-position-more-college-football-takeaways

Lol, c'mon Riley, you're fooling no one. Even the most casual observer can see that it's Caleb's team now: 

Even if the ecstatic reaction to him being announced as starter isn't enough, consider the numbers. This offense is firing on all cylinders. For the first time this season, it actually looks like a Lincoln Riley offense. 

I appreciate the fact that you're trying to keep your prima donna happy, and curate the right recruiting narrative, but don't insult our intelligence. Caleb is the man. Just own it. 

18 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Oklahoma is a different animal with Caleb Williams at QB. They went from a team just begging to drop 2-3 Big XII games to a team that is a shoe-in for the playoffs and who will make noise there. 

That's a hot take, but I gotta say we're very thin on defense right now. That's not an excuse though. Those coaches are paid big bucks to recruit, retain, and train top talent. We're still missing tackles like a Pop Warner team, and letting 5-yard runs turn into big gains. Inexcusable. 

I think we're still at least a year away from being a legit Playoff team. Oh sure, we might back into an appearance this year. But it'll just be more of the same kinda one-and-done blowouts. 

5 hours ago, LOL said:

Everyone’s Wondering Same Thing About Oklahoma’s Caleb Williams
https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/everyones-wondering-same-thing-about-oklahoma-caleb-williams

Whoa whoa whoa, let's pump the brakes on the Heisman talk. 

No one is more excited than I am about Caleb's emergence, but c'mon, he had a pretty good half against UT's struggling defense and a pretty good game against a majorly undermanned TCU defense. While he's certainly helped open up our offense, the Heisman is the last thing we need to be thinking about. Let's get through the rest of the conference slate first. 

If he continues to excel and we're undefeated come December, then by all means: bring on the Heisman hype. 

But for now let's focus about winning games. Trophy talk is rat poison. 

Doesn't take much for the Sooner photoshop wizards to get to work: 

8401tAf.png

5 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Oklahoma is a different animal with Caleb Williams at QB. They went from a team just begging to drop 2-3 Big XII games to a team that is a shoe-in for the playoffs and who will make noise there. 

Hmm.... 

PXLGUc4.jpeg

• LOL! 2

46 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

OU is drastically a better team with Williams in the backfield. It's like night and day.

Yep, in just a game and a half he's already the team's second-leading rusher, and his QBR average is around 20 points higher than Rattler. 

No comparison. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I’m sure OU will kill Kansas but they don’t look good today at all. Were 38 point favorites. 

Not sure if trolling, but this game is over. Kansas following the Tulane/West Virginia recipe and there's no home cooking gonna save OU this week. 

Defense remains a liability. This is not a top 10 team. 

24 minutes ago, LOL said:

Not sure if trolling, but this game is over. Kansas following the Tulane/West Virginia recipe and there's no home cooking gonna save OU this week. 

I’d call them top 10 because they have beaten teams good enough to make them worthy of that ranking.  But maybe not top 10 when it comes to lining up Xs and Os.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 1:17 PM, LOL said:

Trolling? What I said would happen is exactly what's happening..... Kansas is still Kansas. Give them time and they'll implode. 

On 10/23/2021 at 1:43 PM, MavGrad99 said:

I’d call them top 10 because they have beaten teams good enough to make them worthy of that ranking.  But maybe not top 10 when it comes to lining up Xs and Os.

They're Top 10 based on their wins and lack of losses. But their lines are getting shoved around.

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic