🔴 Sooners 2021 thread

Mr. P

Just now, Valhalla said:

At least we won’t be soft anymore. 

We might be 8-4, but be tough doing it lol.

He got a ton of bad weight off and even more good muscle on the boys. He played a part in turning a soft team into a tough one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Y’all getting a good one.

I was indifferent to him leaving, but in retrospect I was wrong. I was so, so wrong.

Also really excited about Dennison. He's a bit below the radar (for now) but a tremendous asset. We graduated together, and I knew him a little bit. Solid dude. 

• Like 2

Hopefully, Smitty will have mellowed a bit over the last few years as far as some of his sideline antics are concerned.  I remember that when he was at OU previously he sometimes went absolutely nuts on the sideline, screaming at the players on the opposing team, etc...  Sometimes a bit of an embarrassment.

He will be an asset, though to the team in regard to bringing toughness to the team and getting rid of some of the soft players.  There will probably be a winnowing out process, no doubt...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LOL said:

If I'm Caleb's kinfolk, I'm in his ear right now with these numbers. 

The Matt Corral kid is looking like a draft prospect now because of Lebby. If he’s a smart kid he’d stick. 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 8:56 PM, LOL said:

I was indifferent to him leaving, but in retrospect I was wrong. I was so, so wrong.

Also really excited about Dennison. He's a bit below the radar (for now) but a tremendous asset. We graduated together, and I knew him a little bit. Solid dude. 

I remember you telling me at a Longview game that he was "tough on players" but you thought that it was in a good way. OU will definitely have better Line play, something they've been missing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Hate that we're losing Schmidt back to you guys. I thought he did great with our guys. 

Are y'all happy to have him back or no? I can't remember sentiment when he left there. 

Yea I am very disappointed in that. But A&M mods are speaking highly of the assistant that Jimbo brought with him and is the likely replacement. They say he’s in the same mold but a little more vocal. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Hate that we're losing Schmidt back to you guys. I thought he did great with our guys. 

Are y'all happy to have him back or no? I can't remember sentiment when he left there. 

I didn't hate that he left in 2017, but I am glad he is returning. O-line development was much better under him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

8 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I remember you telling me at a Longview game that he was "tough on players" but you thought that it was in a good way. OU will definitely have better Line play, something they've been missing. 

Yes, I'm happy to have him back. 

In retrospect, I really believed Riley was going to live up to the hype. I thought we'd hired a young Bill Walsh, who was going to innovate the entire program and transform the culture into one of elite performance and the highest expectations. What we got was an off-brand Leach, without the charisma. 

But yeah, I'm totally glad to have Jerry Schmidt back (and the implicit culture change), actually more excited about Dennison (long term). I really hope he's being groomed to be the heir apparent to Schmitty. 

• LOL! 2

• Mr. P locked this topic