Crosby vs. Liberty Hill-- State Semi Final

dme1111

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Crosby...... comfortably imho. 

Liberty Hill may think they have the "Slot T" advantage.  Unfortunately for Liberty Hill, Crosby and all 5a in the southeast Texas area are very familiar with this offense.  Vidor has run this offense very well for more than a decade. I think this familiarity along with a superior offense give Crosby a 14+ advantage.  

• Like 1

Just now, dme1111 said:

Liberty Hill may think they have the "Slot T" advantage.  Unfortunately for Liberty Hill, Crosby and all 5a in the southeast Texas area are very familiar with this offense.  Vidor has run this offense very well for more than a decade. I think this familiarity along with a superior offense give Crosby a 14+ advantage.  

Vidor is known for many things but the slot T ain’t one. 

2 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

The point of your post was comparing Vidor to LH. I gathered that. 

Liberty Hill runs it to perfection. I was very impressed watching the game yesterday.   As much as I despise that offense I must give them credit.  They would not be where they are without being a very good team.  

Despite the fact many don’t know it, or acknowledge it, often Football is similar to Basketball based on, it’s all about matchups.  Yes, Crosby probably has the best D LH has played, but historically, Crosby has trouble with the Slot T.   While in the 5A District, including Nederland & PNG, Vidor running the Slot T probably had more victories over Crosby than anyone, last year defeating Crosby by 10.   I read Crosby has a new DC, so they may can matchup better than in the past, but we’ll see.  LH D is almost non-existent, so their offense better score often.

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/liberty-hill-panthers-(liberty-hill,tx)/football/home.htm

3194FC14-3920-40FD-92B1-D48DA3ECF715.jpeg

12 hours ago, dme1111 said:

Liberty Hill runs it to perfection. I was very impressed watching the game yesterday.   As much as I despise that offense I must give them credit.  They would not be where they are without being a very good team.  

Agree. They run it better than any team I have seen. In 2018 they set the national rushing record if I’m not mistaken, but those state championship teams in 06’ and 07’ were even better IMO. When Carthage played them in 2007 you literally did not know who had the ball. Frustrating to watch, but you cannot argue with the results. 

Crosby has to be a pretty big favorite right? They have had a hell of a playoff run. Beat #5, #4 and #3 ranked teams in consecutive weeks. Not taking anything away from LH, but I would imagine they have benefited from being in R4. Would be a great story for LH to make it to the state game in their 1st season in 5a with what happened with their coach passing away during the season. Hope they can pull it out.