🐯LSU 2021 Thread🐯

Stoney

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

87841602-84CB-4661-A041-29F1462A50D2.png

Calzada’s game stats. 7 games under 200 yards passing. 8 games under 60% completions. 8 games with a interception. The early season struggles with o-line and sacks. That’s tough. That’s a 8 game winning QB even if QB wins is a team stat and not a individual stat.

Exactly what I was mentioning while you were posting this. Calzada is average to below average. He’s got nfl HOF arm strength with high school back up level mechanics and pocket awareness. I firmly believe this team wins at least this many games with ANY of the 130 D1 starting QBs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Exactly what I was mentioning while you were posting this. Calzada is average to below average. He’s got nfl HOF arm strength with high school back up level mechanics and pocket awareness. I firmly believe this team wins at least this many games with ANY of the 130 D1 starting QBs. 

F040369E-4355-4910-917B-9ED0397E41CB.png

Maybe even a healthy Casey Thompson.

4 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Mond?  11-1?  Nah….  9-3 most likely 

I think y’all could replay Bama 10 times and wouldn’t win any of them.  

You weren’t there that night. I was. I’m telling you there was something in the air. The place was electric like I’ve never seen before. Im not saying A&M wins all 10, but they win it at least 4-5 out 10. It’s not like A&M played mistake free and got lucky. They has their share of mistakes in the game and still found a way to even come from behind late. This wasn’t just a fluke win…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Without one you went 8-4 in what was supposed to be “the year”.  

You’re not understanding…. Yes A&M went 8-4 with a mediocre at best Calzada. But I don’t think you understand the word generational. Did the Aggies need a once every 20 years type of QB to make the playoffs this year? No. They just needed above average to good.  You could put Ryan Tannehill on this team and A&M is undefeated right now…. If A&M wasn’t so talented on defense then yes they would need a generational QB like you’re talking about. Like during the Manziel days. But this team was good enough all around that it only needed better Qb play, not the best qb play. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

You weren’t there that night. I was. I’m telling you there was something in the air. The place was electric like I’ve never seen before. Im not saying A&M wins all 10, but they win it at least 4-5 out 10. It’s not like A&M played mistake free and got lucky. They has their share of mistakes in the game and still found a way to even come from behind late. This wasn’t just a fluke win…

Yea okay.  

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

You’re not understanding…. Yes A&M went 8-4 with a mediocre at best Calzada. But I don’t think you understand the word generational. Did the Aggies need a once every 20 years type of QB to make the playoffs this year? No. They just needed above average to good.  You could put Ryan Tannehill on this team and A&M is undefeated right now…. If A&M wasn’t so talented on defense then yes they would need a generational QB like you’re talking about. Like during the Manziel days. But this team was good enough all around that it only needed better Qb play, not the best qb play. 

I do understand.  JF was a generational talent and was 11-2.  

Texas had a stacked D, with VY and still barely won a National title game.  Colt was a generational type qb as well, he got his team to the title game with an okay defense.  

Georgia has a walk on at qb, and is getting a shot, not because they deserve it, but because they are one that gets propped up every year by a weak schedule and espn.  Does espn prop the Aggies up?  No.  They don’t.  They’ll have to be undefeated sec champs to sniff the playoffs.  No off night games, no losses, nothing.  No let downs.  Jimbo has also shown his offense needs that kind of trigger man to be really good.  So until the Aggies get that type of qbs I don’t believe they’ll be a title contender. 

15 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

With what QB?  Calzada is his only experienced qb and Aggie fans want him to transfer.  Even with the defense he has, they’ll need a generational type talent at QB and he don’t have it now.  

Dude...  I don't know what to tell you. I'm not even an Aggie fan, and even I can see that A&M was an average QB away from getting to the CCG this season.

They don't need a "generational" QB, they just need a guy who can 1.) occasionally pick up a first down with his legs and 2.) not make terrible decisions passing downfield. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, LOL said:

Dude...  I don't know what to tell you. I'm not even an Aggie fan, and even I can see that A&M was an average QB away from getting to the CCG this season.

They don't need a "generational" QB, they just need a guy who can 1.) occasionally pick up a first down with his legs and 2.) not make terrible decisions passing downfield. 

Lots of teams need that.  The Aggies need one that can take the stress off a their defense.  

36 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I do understand.  JF was a generational talent and was 11-2.  

Texas had a stacked D, with VY and still barely won a National title game.  Colt was a generational type qb as well, he got his team to the title game with an okay defense.  

Georgia has a walk on at qb, and is getting a shot, not because they deserve it, but because they are one that gets propped up every year by a weak schedule and espn.  Does espn prop the Aggies up?  No.  They don’t.  They’ll have to be undefeated sec champs to sniff the playoffs.  No off night games, no losses, nothing.  No let downs.  Jimbo has also shown his offense needs that kind of trigger man to be really good.  So until the Aggies get that type of qbs I don’t believe they’ll be a title contender. 

What Georgia did on the defensive side of the ball is spectacular.  Clemson has played in the weakest conference in the nation since the CFB playoff era started and hasn't even had a defense sniff what UGA's defense has done.  It is not a fluke that they are in the CFP...  They earned it this year.  It helps that everyone else they played was average.  However, we can make that argument about at least 1 or 2 CFP nominees each year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LOL said:

This all day. A&M gave up just under 16 points a game for the 3rd best defense in the country. It does not take a generational QB to win games with that… Bryce Young is likely about to win a title and he’s not generational and their defense is worse than A&Ms. Michigan made the playoffs with a guy nobody can even name right now. Georgia is using a walk on… This notion A&M needs a generational guy is ridiculous. I have no idea where this thought is coming from. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WETSU said:

I felt it too, man. Also, I had watched them practice a few times and they had probably the best week of practice I've seen an A&M team have. They were definitely ready to go. In the first quarter I texted my roommate who was in the Zone Club that the way we were blocking and the way we were getting pressure on Young, it could really happen. Bama came back because they're still freaking Bama (as Georgia just found out), but the team brought it that night. I'd say against Auburn too- another game that had an awesome atmosphere and feeling to it. Missed it against so many other teams. 

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

What Georgia did on the defensive side of the ball is spectacular.  Clemson has played in the weakest conference in the nation since the CFB playoff era started and hasn't even had a defense sniff what UGA's defense has done.  It is not a fluke that they are in the CFP...  They earned it this year.  It helps that everyone else they played was average.  However, we can make that argument about at least 1 or 2 CFP nominees each year.

Georgia every year.  And they always have a let down on the big stage.  Georgia has a good defense, but not that much better than the Aggie defense.  The difference, one plays in the sec west vs the East.  I really hope they move Bama and Auburn to the East.  

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

Georgia every year.  And they always have a let down on the big stage.  Georgia has a good defense, but not that much better than the Aggie defense.  The difference, one plays in the sec west vs the East.  I really hope they move Bama and Auburn to the East.  

I can’t wait for the Ohio State crapping the bed justification next

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

This all day. A&M gave up just under 16 points a game for the 3rd best defense in the country. It does not take a generational QB to win games with that… Bryce Young is likely about to win a title and he’s not generational and their defense is worse than A&Ms. Michigan made the playoffs with a guy nobody can even name right now. Georgia is using a walk on… This notion A&M needs a generational guy is ridiculous. I have no idea where this thought is coming from. 

Bryce young is a good qb.  Georgia is there because sec East and espn.  

aTM’s defense is legit, and you still lost 4 games.  They can’t win every game for you guys, won’t next year.  

when Jimbo won his title, was it with an average qb?  Nope, he had a guy that was drafted in the first round

4 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

aTM’s defense is legit, and you still lost 4 games.  They can’t win every game for you guys, won’t next year.  

when Jimbo won his title, was it with an average qb?  Nope, he had a guy that was drafted in the first round

What a lot of people don't realize about that Winston Heisman season was that he has similar numbers to Mond last year- right around 65% completion percentage. But Mond had a better TD/INT ratio. Their ratings were about the same. Mond was better than a lot of people give him credit for, at least in 2020. 

12 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Once again you do not know what generational means… I agree Bryce young is just good. He’s not a once every 10 years type player. Hell he’s not even the hands down best QB in this season. Winston was not a once in a decade type player either. Just a good qb on a loaded team. 

you are losing this argument not because you are incorrect in theory. It’s because you don’t know what the word generational means…. “Good” Qb play is not the same thing as generational. You’re a fool if you think Jimbo needed a once every 20 years type player at QB to win a title this season. Literally just good would have done it. A future second round pick type player would haveA&M undefeated right now. If you do not understand that, it’s just because you don’t want to. 

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

“Good” Qb play is not the same thing as generational. 

Vince Young = Generational (at least for one season).
Colt McCoy = Generational (for consistency over career).
Sam Ehlinger = Great leader, pretty good, but not generational. 

Johnny Manziel = Generational (NFL success irrelevant).
Kellen Mond = Pretty good, improved over career.
Ryan Tannehill = Pretty good, not generational.

41 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

What a lot of people don't realize about that Winston Heisman season was that he has similar numbers to Mond last year- right around 65% completion percentage. But Mond had a better TD/INT ratio. Their ratings were about the same. Mond was better than a lot of people give him credit for, at least in 2020. 

I am agree with the mond statement.  He was more solid than most gave him credit for.  He didn’t have near the arm Winston had though.  That’s where mond lacked to me.  I think Jimbo should’ve used his legs more.  

17 minutes ago, LOL said:

Vince Young = Generational (at least for one season).
Colt McCoy = Generational (for consistency over career).
Sam Ehlinger = Great leader, pretty good, but not generational. 

Johnny Manziel = Generational (NFL success irrelevant).
Kellen Mond = Pretty good, improved over career.
Ryan Tannehill = Pretty good, not generational.

Can’t argue with any of that.  That being said, I don’t think a tannehill or ehlinger type boosts the Aggies into the next level.  When I say generational type, I’m talking a once every 20 year type player.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I am agree with the mond statement.  He was more solid than most gave him credit for.  He didn’t have near the arm Winston had though.  That’s where mond lacked to me.  I think Jimbo should’ve used his legs more.  

I’ve never understood that aspect of Mond’s game under Jimbo. Right off the bat Jimbo said the reason why Mond got the nod over Starkel was his ability with his legs. Then you never really saw Mond used in that way. It was weird.