🐮2021 Houston Texans Offseason Thread🐮

6 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Its the Circus on Kirby...

Love DW4, but he is acting above his paygrade on this one IMO...

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a QB being involved with the hiring of the GM? Head coach, offensive coordinator I could get. Because of the work relationship. 

45 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a QB being involved with the hiring of the GM? Head coach, offensive coordinator I could get. Because of the work relationship. 

I get that Watson has a ton of influence in the organization. He is a $39 million quarterback and he should have some say, but as we are learning with the Rockets and James Harden, you don't give the start play the keys to the castle. 

That said, he definitely deserves a seat at the table when getting the HC and OC. Those are guys he has to have a strong rapport with and good chemistry from day 1...

I don't see why it should be any of his concern what management decisions are made.  The only thing he should worry about with a GM is that they have the right number of 0's on his contracts.   He's an employee, and not the owner.  I would like to know what business allows it's employees especially those not in a management position to make major decisions for them.  I can understand giving suggestions, but only those in higher authority should be able to make those types of decisions.  I know that is how it is in most organizations when it comes to players on the field.  

20 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Negotiations going on but looks like Eric Bieniemy is the front runner for the Texans gig. Big because I feel like he got some type of assurance from Watson before hitting this stage...

Yet Watson still wants out.  They've been talking about potential trade deals all day long on the local ESPN station.  

57 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Yet Watson still wants out.  They've been talking about potential trade deals all day long on the local ESPN station.  

Watson was involved with today's interview of EB. EB is the ONLY guy that can get him to stay. 

This is has the feels of Hakeem before the title runs...

28 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Watson was involved with today's interview of EB. EB is the ONLY guy that can get him to stay. 

This is has the feels of Hakeem before the title runs...

The Texans are so far away from how the Rockets were in the 90's that it's pathetic.  I don't see the Texans being relevant for at least the next three years even with Watson around.  Watson could be a Herschel Walker type trade for the Texans, he's really their only star with J.J. on the downside of his career.  I sort of want to compare J.J. Watt to Randy White, Randy played 14 years, but his final year wasn't very productive with only 1.5 sacks and one game started.  J.J. will be starting his 11th year, but he has had far more serious injuries than Randy ever had.  

2 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

The Texans are so far away from how the Rockets were in the 90's that it's pathetic.  I don't see the Texans being relevant for at least the next three years even with Watson around.  Watson could be a Herschel Walker type trade for the Texans, he's really their only star with J.J. on the downside of his career.  I sort of want to compare J.J. Watt to Randy White, Randy played 14 years, but his final year wasn't very productive with only 1.5 sacks and one game started.  J.J. will be starting his 11th year, but he has had far more serious injuries than Randy ever had.  

JJ is definitely gone, and I hope he is put in a situation to get a ring now. I'm mixed on Watson. I want him gone so he can succeed and get away from that clownshow, but he is a generational talent that Houston hasn't seen in almost 30 years. Hard to part ways with something like that...

He gives Houston their best chance at winning, especially while the defense goes through a complete rebuild. 

• 1 month later...

You mean Tony Buzbee, the lawyer who lost to Sylvester Turner by 14 points in the mayoral race, has a DWI to his credit, and is the NEIGHBOR of Cal McNair, is the one up to this? Nah. Couldn't be...

Dude tried for a six figure settlement before filing this case. No police report filed. This is a civil suit...Not a huge DW4 fan right now, but this is bush league stuff. 

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

You mean Tony Buzbee, the lawyer who lost to Sylvester Turner by 14 points in the mayoral race, has a DWI to his credit, and is the NEIGHBOR of Cal McNair, is the one up to this? Nah. Couldn't be...

Dude tried for a six figure settlement before filing this case. No police report filed. This is a civil suit...Not a huge DW4 fan right now, but this is bush league stuff. 

You mean Texas A&M booster Tony Buzbee? Tank buying Tony Buzbee? Divorces wife, meets chick on Tinder who flips out and destroys hundreds of thousands of dollars of art work in his home Tony Buzbee?2E71CDBC-9964-491F-AF30-1C3D176A3E26.png

• LOL! 1

10 minutes ago, Stoney said:

You mean Texas A&M booster Tony Buzbee? Tank buying Tony Buzbee? Divorces wife, meets chick on Tinder who flips out and destroys hundreds of thousands of dollars of art work in his home Tony Buzbee?2E71CDBC-9964-491F-AF30-1C3D176A3E26.png

The one and only!

Learning more and more about him in the last 12 hours. Couple of screws loose...

• LOL! 1

On 3/17/2021 at 10:01 AM, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Ambulance chaser.....

There's four women in total.  One of them wasn't licensed, and he neither of the first two worked at a massage parlor.  I'm tending to lean that he did except a rub and tug.  I can understand not using Carlos Correa's therapist since they cracked his ribs, but novices ?  I have I know of four massage parlors in a 10 mile radius of my house here, and they charge as little as a $40 by their signs for an all body massage.  He's got the money why not hire a true professional and go to a spa ?  I'm leaning to think he's a Robert Craft, but on the down low, and didn't want Easterby to find out.  I heard Kraft's fondness for massage parlors is why he left the Patriots.  I actually think he might have set this up himself in his attempt to be traded since Easterby wants his players to have a Christian mindset.  It may not have even happened, but is being leaked for trade purposes.

This whole thing is getting bizarre. Three filed suits (Civil, not criminal), with Buzbee saying there are now nine total women that have come forward. 

For starters, DW4 made the boneheaded decision to hire a massage therapist off of Instagram. What happened in that room? No clue, but DW4 put himself in this situation. 

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

This whole thing is getting bizarre. Three filed suits (Civil, not criminal), with Buzbee saying there are now nine total women that have come forward. 

For starters, DW4 made the boneheaded decision to hire a massage therapist off of Instagram. What happened in that room? No clue, but DW4 put himself in this situation. 

Going to a woman’s house for a massage? No good comes from this.