The Dodge Bowl

Matt

Just now, Matt said:

Questions:

1. Where does Mrs. Todd Dodge sit? 

2. What school colors do the grandkids wear? . 

Lol, I was just posting about that on Westlake score thread.   What a great moment for that family.  👍😄👍

• Like 1

This game was supposed to be Wk 1 at AT&T....right before the Longview-Temple game. But covid killed it.

Funny how the football gods work.

Westlake will win it but damn....do yall realize how young SLC is? They may be about to return to 2000s form. 

Weirdest thing about the 6A ships this year....if Katy wins...the D2 champ will have bigger enrollment than the D1 champ. Westlake's enrollment is only 2800. SLC's even smaller.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Great good seeing someone else besides Dville and NS in it. West lake has had some great success and some of the best players in the NFL. However, have struggled in the state championship. I believe 96 with Brees maybe their only win. I remember them losing to Lufkin in 2001 as well.  I will take South lake for the win.

They won 6AD2 last year.  

On 1/9/2021 at 6:42 PM, Matt said:

Questions:

1. Where does Mrs. Todd Dodge sit? 

2. What school colors do the grandkids wear? . 

I recorded a 10-12 minute interview with Todd Dodge this afternoon for Monday's show on SicEm365 Radio. There are numerous tie-in's even from the days when Todd won a state championship with SLC at Riley was the QB, when Westlake won a state championship back in the day, Riley was a ball boy on the sideline.

Coach (Todd) Dodge gave me an funny as hell answer to one of your questions about the "grandkids"...I'll have the interview on my twitter feed at @DavidSmoak by around 4:00 on Monday.

Smoaky

• Like 3

On 1/10/2021 at 9:39 AM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Great good seeing someone else besides Dville and NS in it. West lake has had some great success and some of the best players in the NFL. However, have struggled in the state championship. I believe 96 with Brees maybe their only win. I remember them losing to Lufkin in 2001 as well.  I will take South lake for the win.

They beat Carthage in the 1990 state championship in the Astro Done. 

On 1/10/2021 at 6:53 PM, Smoaky said:

I recorded a 10-12 minute interview with Todd Dodge this afternoon for Monday's show on SicEm365 Radio. There are numerous tie-in's even from the days when Todd won a state championship with SLC at Riley was the QB, when Westlake won a state championship back in the day, Riley was a ball boy on the sideline.

Coach (Todd) Dodge gave me an funny as hell answer to one of your questions about the "grandkids"...I'll have the interview on my twitter feed at @DavidSmoak by around 4:00 on Monday.

Smoaky

Excellent! Thanks, David I’ll check it out! 

On 1/10/2021 at 9:39 AM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

This will be Westlake's 10th title game appearance.  

After last year's title game win the Chaps moved to 2 win 7 loss in state championship games.

I think they get 🏆 #3 against SLC