5A D2 STATE FINAL Aledo vs. Crosby

dme1111

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

😃

Well, we’re always told our 4A trophies don’t matter much, because it’s not 5A/6A so I’m just making the case the Bulldogs CAN beat both these teams.

Of course Aledo is extremely well coached, and that is admired. 
Crosby was not ready for this stage and their QB is not a QB so they never stood a chance.

I am thrilled with our 8 trophies and since people (DCTF & others) who follow Texas high school football have been questioning could Carthage compete up a classification I want to be here to say yes we can {when we can}!!

Nobody cares.  Be happy with your 4A trophy.  Why can't that be enough?  If you want people to care or believe you can beat a top tier 5A team, play them in pre-district and show it, but for God's sake, please stop yacking about it constantly.  It's very unbecoming and a bit of a taint on Carthage to have fans constantly clamouring of how they can "hang" with or beat the top 5A and 6A programs.  Stop saying it and prove it.

6 minutes ago, VonG said:

It was funny to me. Whether they would or not is a different conversation.

I got to thinking about something. Every team Carthage played this year they had the better athletes. Every team Aledo played they didn't always have the best players. It's not hard to have a great defense against less competition. That's why Aledo defense wasn't so great compared to Carthage. Aldeo actually played some teams with athletes just as good as their's. 

I’ll type out the scores for Aledo, Crosby and Carthage here in a bit for all of us to review.

Please hold tight!

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

You said this "Is not the Aledo team of the old" or something like that...

The old Aledo teams smoked people with superior athletes in the state championship.  Sometimes they threw it a lot, other times they ran it down your throat.

Enter 2020-21, Aledo smoking people in the state championship with superior athletes.   Crosby has scored upwards of 35 ppg on the season.  They have 21.  Aledo is winning this game by running the ball.  Why are they running the ball?  They have a smart coach who is just doing what is working this game.

Carthage is a good team.  But you are projecting your bias for your team to something that you have no clue about the outcome.  You sound like someone who is not satisfied with dominating the classification that you are dealt.  

Are the Argyle people screaming that "We are better than Carthage!?"  "We can beat Aledo!"  Probably, but they look and sound like fools too.  Schedule them, play them.  If you don't shut up and enjoy your 8 trophies.

It didn’t get any more superior than Johnathan Gray!!!  You mean they beat teams with better players than gray?  

argyle would compete with Aledo too

• LOL! 1

Just now, Everide2016 said:

Nobody cares.  Be happy with your 4A trophy.  Why can't that be enough?  If you want people to care or believe you can beat a top tier 5A team, play them in pre-district and show it, but for God's sake, please stop yacking about it constantly.  It's very unbecoming and a bit of a taint on Carthage to have fans constantly clamouring of how they can "hang" with or beat the top 5A and 6A programs.  Stop saying it and prove it.

Everide, we literally tried to do that with Crosbythis season in pre-district and it was cancelled due to rona.

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Everide, we literally tried to do that with Crosbythis season in pre-district and it was cancelled due to rona.

Yes, we all know that because you and other Carthage faithful have referenced it on every chat possible.  Stop referring to what hasn't happened and talk about it once it does.  Otherwise it's just a fantasy world that Carthage folks like to live in.  To the rest of the state it just comes across as wah, wah, wah, wah, wah........ because Carthage has been good enough for long enough to have already gotten the top tier 5A or 6A team on their schedule every now and then, but they don't do it, they just talk about it and how they could beat them.  

4 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Yes, we all know that because you and other Carthage faithful have referenced it on every chat possible.  Stop referring to what hasn't happened and talk about it once it does.  Otherwise it's just a fantasy world that Carthage folks like to live in.  To the rest of the state it just comes across as wah, wah, wah, wah, wah........ because Carthage has been good enough for long enough to have already gotten the top tier 5A or 6A team on their schedule every now and then, but they don't do it, they just talk about it and how they could beat them.  

Unbecoming for us to aspire to or dream of possibly being able to reach higher heights with the same personnel or just unbecoming, because you’re tired of hearing it?

We’re always compared upwards and I’m simply stating I believe we can compete and achieve positive results. That’s all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

But wait!!!  Longview fans say you can’t jump classifications a beat 6a teams.  

Lake Travis hasnt been as dominant since they moved up. 

George Ranch won the 5AD1 title in 2015. The very next year, they moved up to 6A and have struggled to make the playoffs since.

Did you follow Shadow Creek? Won the 5AD1 title last year....returned all their starters...and struggled in 6A this year.

Aledo wont be winning championships every year once they move up to 5AD1 next alignment.

But hey, I agree! Classification means nada! Heck I say abolish the classification system and just have 6 man-6A teams play one another. 

Ah yes, I cant wait to see the burn burner that'll be Longview vs New Diana.

7 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

DUDE, those people won’t schedule us. They don’t want to lose to a 4A team. Just the truth big boy.

If you were Texas High would you want to risk playing against Surratt and Carthage in week 4 and losing?

1 minute ago, ANTI said:

George Ranch won the 5AD1 title in 2015. The very next year, they moved up to 6A and have struggled to make the playoffs since.

Did you follow Shadow Creek? Won the 5AD1 title last year....returned all their starters...and struggled in 6A this year.

Aledo wont be winning championships every year once they move up to 5AD1 next alignment.

But hey, I agree! Classification means nada! Heck I say abolish the classification system and just have 6 man-6A teams play one another. 

Hahahah! ND v Longview, yes, hahaha!

1 minute ago, ANTI said:

Longview won a state title in 6a, then drop to 5a and gets beat early.  you forgot there are examples like that too.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Unbecoming for us to aspire to or dream of possibly being able to reach higher heights with the same personnel or just unbecoming, because you’re tired of hearing it?

We’re always compared upwards and I’m simply stating I believe we can compete and achieve positive results. That’s all. 

You misread or misunderstood.  It's not the aspiring that's unbecoming, it's the continuous statements that Carthage would beat the top tier 5A programs like the two that just played, and likely even saying it about the next game.  Truth is, Carthage has no idea if they could because they haven't scheduled any of them and done it.  Until they do, it's all fantasy.  But yes, most are tired of hearing it and it is unbecoming.  It's like me being extremely successful in my job at my current level and having that push me to think I could do my bosses job, and then having the idiocy in my thinking to actually tell him that.  He would say, "well boy, stop talking about it and step up to the plate and show me."  Or, he'd fire my rear because of the shear lack of good judgment.  

11 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Aledo is moving to 5a d1 next realignment with 1300+ kids. Is the uil about to drop the numbers for each class. Is Aldeo about to gain 600 students. 

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

DUDE, those people won’t schedule us. They don’t want to lose to a 4A team. Just the truth big boy.

If you were Texas High would you want to risk playing against Surratt and Carthage in week 4 and losing?

DUDE, T-high isn't top tier.  They lost in second round, right?  And when is the last time anyone outside east Texas has even thought of T-high?  A very long time to almost never.    

You said you can beat Crosby and Aledo.  You or other Carthage folks are even saying you would beat quality 6A schools. Some of those coaches would schedule the game.  Surratt has to want it and has to make the call.  Do you think maybe Surratt knows a little more about this than you and perhaps he doesn't want to or need to do this?  I'd say there's a chance of that.  Be happy being the top dog in 4A.  Why isn't that enough? 

2 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

You misread or misunderstood.  It's not the aspiring that's unbecoming, it's the continuous statements that Carthage would beat the top tier 5A programs like the two that just played, and likely even saying it about the next game.  Truth is, Carthage has no idea if they could because they haven't scheduled any of them and done it.  Until they do, it's all fantasy.  But yes, most are tired of hearing it and it is unbecoming.  It's like me being extremely successful in my job at my current level and having that push me to think I could do my bosses job, and then having the idiocy in my thinking to actually tell him that.  He would say, "well boy, stop talking about it and step up to the plate and show me."

Well, I get to do that in real life next week, because my boss told me to and guess what, I’m going to do it and do it well, because he expects me to and I expect that of myself.

I fully understand that doesn’t exactly translate back to the football field, but my gosh, why do y’all like to limit people? 

1 minute ago, Everide2016 said:

DUDE, T-high isn't top tier.  They lost in second round, right?  And when is the last time anyone outside east Texas has even thought of T-high?  A very long time to almost never.    

You said you can beat Crosby and Aledo.  You or other Carthage folks are even saying you would beat quality 6A schools. Some of those coaches would schedule the game.  Surratt has to want it and has to make the call.  Do you think maybe Surratt knows a little more about this than you and perhaps he doesn't want to or need to do this?  I'd say there's a chance of that.  Be happy being the top dog in 4A.  Why isn't that enough? 

They were 11-1 and lost to Crosby. 

4 minutes ago, VonG said:

Aledo is moving to 5a d1 next realignment with 1300+ kids. Is the uil about to drop the numbers for each class placement? Or is Aledo about to gain 700+ students? 

Aledo = 1,859 when the last numbers were turned in. They barely missed 5AD1.

1300..I highly doubt they loss 500+ kids with the way that place is growing.

2 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Aledo = 1,859 when the last numbers were turned in. They barely missed 5AD1.

1300..I highly doubt they loss 500+ kids with the way that place is growing.

Their page said 1300+ students. That's why I asked. I didn't know they have grown that much.

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Well, I get to do that in real life next week, because my boss told me to and guess what, I’m going to do it and do it well, because he expects me to and I expect that of myself.

I fully understand that doesn’t exactly translate back to the football field, but my gosh, why do y’all like to limit people? 

It's the opposite of limiting.  I'm all about dreaming, setting, new goals and accomplishing them.  But, I don't go around telling all my friends I could run the company as good as or better than my boss when I've not shown it yet, much less even stepped on the proverbial field.  At least step on the field with an Aledo, Highland Park, Cedar Park before telling everyone you'd beat them. 

All I'm saying is that it's so old hearing Carthage pound their chest and saying they can beat the 5A top dogs when they have never done it.  Never.  It's like they aren't happy having won the 4A titles, so they think they can convince others that they would really win the 5A title too if given the chance.  Such a put off.

8 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

They were 11-1 and lost to Crosby. 

Again you miss the point.  Who outside of east Texas is thinking of T-high as a true contender in 5A football  They've been out of the picture for so long that they are not thought of around the state as a contender.  Carthage is talking about beating the top 5A programs, you're going to have to talk about someone other than T-high.  And just an FYI, I'm a T-high graduate so I'm not into bashing them, it's just reality.

10 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Longview won a state title in 6a, then drop to 5a and gets beat early.  you forgot there are examples like that too.  

You also forgot to add substance.

98% of the good teams in 5AD1 are in one region.

Happened to be Longview's region....its rare as hell to see that. 

I wish we were still 6A tbh.

Btw, I never said a lower class team cant beat a higher class team. Of course Carthage would've beaten North Mesquite this year....and?

I still dont think elite 1A-4A teams are beating elite 5A-6A teams. I stand firm by that.

Every now and then, you can get very good 5A teams that would be top 10 in 6A. Ryan is prime example this year. But prior to them, I hadnt seen it since probably LT in 2008-2009. 

• Like 2