5A D2 STATE FINAL Aledo vs. Crosby

dme1111

6 minutes ago, VonG said:

Their page said 1300+ students. That's why I asked. I didn't know they have grown that much.

Weird.

But I swear they turned in 1800+. I'm looking at my DCTF now.

I'll go look at the TEA site in a sec...that definitely wont lie.

3 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

It's the opposite of limiting.  I'm all about dreaming, setting, new goals and accomplishing them.  But, I don't go around telling all my friends I could run the company as good as or better than my boss when I've not shown it yet, much less even stepped on the proverbial field.  At least step on the field with an Aledo, Highland Park, Cedar Park before telling everyone you'd beat them. 

All I'm saying is that it's so old hearing Carthage pound their chest and saying they can beat the 5A top dogs when they have never done it.  Never.  It's like they aren't happy having won the 4A titles, so they think they can convince others that they would really win the 5A title too if given the chance.  Such a put off.

And what I bolded in your statement is exactly why and part of why what I said does not translate to the football field. I don’t do that either in my job, but obviously have zero reservations about stating the capabilities of our high school football team on a sports forum meant for fun banter and debate with gentlemen like you. 
This is all speculation and entertainment away from daily lives, and I enjoy it with y’all frequently.

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

And what I bolded in your statement is exactly why and part of why what I said does not translate to the football field. I don’t do that either in my job, but obviously have zero reservations about stating the capabilities of our high school football team on a sports forum meant for fun banter and debate with gentlemen like you. 
This is all speculation and entertainment away from daily lives, and I enjoy it with y’all frequently.

We can agree on that.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

5A in ETx is bad with the exception of Longview. You being ‘art thou’ should of known that. 

Carthage would've beaten every 5A ETX school this year, outside of THigh, Lufkin and Longview. 

On 1/13/2021 at 3:31 PM, Jayhawk said:

Crosbys QB should be close to 100% by game time he's been banged up the last couple of games. His dynamic style doesn't depend on a defense thats in or out of position . Scoring 63 points against one of the top 4 teams in the state says not much improvement is needed on offense.

21 points against Aledo says improvement was needed. 

• Like 1

Crosby  12-4

PF: 661  PA: 425  5 game win streak going into today.

Opponents   117-81

Opponent record, opponent, score, result

5-4 George Ranch 31-24 L

9-2 Manvel 53-20 L

8-4 Montgomery 55-52 W

0-10 Dayton 24-0 W

6-5 Barbers Hill 34-7 W

4-6 Kingwood Park 55-17 W

4-6 Texas City 41-6 W

5-6 PNG 54-14 W

2-8 Santa Fe 50-0 W

9-3 Nederland 29-24 L

7-3 FBW (who?) 66-0 W

11-1 T High 62-42 W

11-1 Huntsville 32-29 (OT) W

12-1 Fort Bend Marshall 37-28 W

12-1 Liberty Hill 62-61 (OT) W

13-1 Aledo 56-21 L

Aledo  13-1

PF: 689   PA: 325  11 game win streak after win today

5-6 Weatherford 70-7 W

7-4 Frisco Lonestar 34-24 W

12-1 Cedar Hill 27-17 L (CH in 6A-D2 title game)

6-6 Everman 35-0 W

4-4 Seguin 47-26 W

11-2 Mansfield Timberview 44-28 W

5-4 Cleburne 52-20 W

6-4 Burleson 56-24 W

6-5 Hillcrest 77-13 W

9-2 North Forney 49-24 W

8-2 Frisco 45-27 W

13-1 Lovejoy 52-48 W

10-4 Wichita Falls Rider 55-28 W

12-4 Crosby 56-22 W

Carthage  14-0

PF: 597   PA: 109   30 game win streak

10-4 Kilgore 27-7 W

14-2 Gilmer 42-14 (both L’s to Carthage) W

9-4 Pleasant Grove 35-7 W

8-4 Center 56-14 W

8-2 Jasper 35-18 W

5-6 Rusk 51-7 W

3-7 Madisonville 56-0 W

1-9 Shepherd 49-0 W

4-6 Gatesville Forfeit W

7-3 Silsbee 49-0 W

11-2 Salado 35-7 W

10-3 China Spring 52-14 W 

12-4 Wimberley 38-7 W

14-2 Gilmer 70-14 (both L’s to CHS) W 

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

You also forgot to add substance.

98% of the good teams in 5AD1 are in one region.

Happened to be Longview's region....its rare as hell to see that. 

I wish we were still 6A tbh.

Btw, I never said a lower class team cant beat a higher class team. Of course Carthage would've beaten North Mesquite this year....and?

I still dont think elite 1A-4A teams are beating elite 5A-6A teams. I stand firm by that.

Every now and then, you can get very good 5A teams that would be top 10 in 6A. Ryan is prime example this year. But prior to them, I hadnt seen it since probably LT in 2008-2009. 

As you and your alter ego like to say, moving goal posts now 

• LOL! 1

11 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

As you and your alter ego like to say, moving goal posts now 

How am I moving goal post?

Just because you cant keep and up; a casual that doesn't know football, doesnt mean Im moving goal post.

Just now, ANTI said:

How am I moving goal post?

Just because you cant keep and up; a casual that doesn't know football, doesnt mean Im moving goal post.

I’ve kept up, things work both ways.  Not just the way you say it does.  If teams can’t compete moving up, surely they should dominate moving down.  Especially a powerhouse like Longview right?!

Just now, DB2point0 said:

I’ve kept up

Nah, you're way behind.

Too much of a casual to fully understand the game and landscape of TXHSFB.

Afterall....anybody that says John King, a coach that made the UIL top 100 list all time, shouldn't have a job... Definitely has no clue what they're talking about.

3 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Again aledo would win by 21+ . Your biased and Carthage is good for their own division.

I watched the game did you. 
The Dawg D would would have eat that QB’s lunch. 
The 2020 Dawgs would have given Aledo all they could stand. 
I also believe Argyle could have beat Aledo this year. 

45 minutes ago, SSwami said:

As far as Crossby goes..we will win...as far as Carthage goes..we played 5 or 6 teams much better than anyone Carthage played this year. 1 of them is in the 6a finals.

I’d say Cedar Hill (definitely), Lovejoy and Mansfield Timberview are tougher opponents than what Carthage faced not six teams. 

1 hour ago, SSwami said:

As far as Crossby goes..we will win...as far as Carthage goes..we played 5 or 6 teams much better than anyone Carthage played this year. 1 of them is in the 6a finals.

Doesn’t Carthage & Crosby play in August?  I know they were supposed to play this year and Covid/weather cancelled it.