5A D2 STATE FINAL Aledo vs. Crosby

dme1111

Speaking of Denton Ryan, they must not have very good depth, because Ja’Tavion Sanders and Billy Bowman Jr play both ways a lot, almost the entire game every week. How in the world are they still in the playoffs if they don’t have greater depth?

Truth is Ryan has plenty of depth, but their coaches put their best players on the field. 
Sanders and Bowman rarely come off the field, because they’re young and are in shape.

Against Longview Sanders lined up at WR, RB, TE, QB and DE. He’s a beast and plays nearly every snap of every game at 5A-D1 and those other big schools’ depth doesn’t bother him.

Notice how much they had him at QB, because he’s so dangerous - more dangerous than their starting QB..... here it comes, Kai Horton is miles better than the Denton Ryan quarterback.  😀🏻

AND that little sophomore RB from SLC who just ran for 170+ yards and three touchdowns on Duncanville’s impenetrable defense is a poor man’s Mason Courtney!

• Like 1

If they played 10 times over 10 years, Aledo would win more than Carthage. But id take this years Carthage team with the defense as stellar as it was. As maybe one or 2 others over the past 10 years.

None of it matters. 2 amazing programs who will most likely never play against one another. Which is just as well because it means both are left continue their dominant championship runs mostly uninterrupted. Lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

If they played 10 times over 10 years, Aledo would win more than Carthage. But id take this years Carthage team with the defense as stellar as it was. As maybe one or 2 others over the past 10 years.

None of it matters. 2 amazing programs who will most likely never play against one another. Which is just as well because it means both are left continue their dominant championship runs mostly uninterrupted. Lol

This is true!

14 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I’m going to try to attend numerous title games this weekend. I’m excited about seeing Aledo and others.

Texas High favorite over Crosby.  Crosby wins.

Huntsville favorite over Crosby.   Crosby wins.

FBM favorite over Crosby.  Crosby wins.

Even though Liberty Hill ranked over Crosby, Crosby wins.

Aledo favorite over everyone in 5AD2.   Can Crosby beat Aledo?   Sure, but it’ll take some breaks, but after these playoff wins, no one should just write off Crosby out of hand.   Aledo may win.  May even win big.  Crosby may win, but I don’t see them winning big.  Being on this stage as much as Aledo, is a big advantage.  Aledo being over confident may be Crosby’s advantage.

Now, for the other game everyone is talking about.   Both of those are great programs.  I wouldn’t bet much, but I’d put a few dollars on Carthage.  If no Covid, try to imagine the size of the crowd if they could play.  Would be a heckuva football game.

• Like 1

Don't see too many (if any) Crosby fans posting their opinion on the outcome of Crosby vs Aledo so I'll speak my peace. 

My expectations for this Crosby team was 3 rds deep. That was after the Montgomery match up. Putting Dunn at QB sparked a fire and the #AllGasNoBrakes motto they rep has carried them into the state championship. These boys will be ready for the challenge and welcome it. They have been feeding off being underdogs. Come Friday 1pm it's 11 on 11 for 48 minutes. I think Crosby wins this game. Aledo is a storybook program ( so was FB Marshall) and these boys don't fear names on the front of jerseys. 

My pick:

Crosby by 9

7 hours ago, Cougar239 said:

Don't see too many (if any) Crosby fans posting their opinion on the outcome of Crosby vs Aledo so I'll speak my peace. 

My expectations for this Crosby team was 3 rds deep. That was after the Montgomery match up. Putting Dunn at QB sparked a fire and the #AllGasNoBrakes motto they rep has carried them into the state championship. These boys will be ready for the challenge and welcome it. They have been feeding off being underdogs. Come Friday 1pm it's 11 on 11 for 48 minutes. I think Crosby wins this game. Aledo is a storybook program ( so was FB Marshall) and these boys don't fear names on the front of jerseys. 

My pick:

Crosby by 9

I hope you’re right, pulling for Crosby. 

42 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

Don't forget that Carthage starts the season off with Crosby next year I know be a bunch of different  faces but will put 4a d2 champ against  possible  5a d2 champ

That should be a great game! I wish it had happened this season.  The defense will for sure have to carry Carthage early this next year, breaking in some new faces at key positions on offense.  

3 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

That should be a great game! I wish it had happened this season.  The defense will for sure have to carry Carthage early this next year, breaking in some new faces at key positions on offense.  

Most of Crosby’s offensive playmakers are also Seniors this year.  And I’m quite happy about that.  

I'm pulling for Crosby because they have never won a Championship.  Aledo has enough for now.  Plus I think Crosby has had the much tougher playoff road.  To beat 4 unbeaten teams who were ranked higher than Crosby is a story in itself.  Aledo is good but they are not the Aledo of the past few years talent wise, this will be a good game and I'm hoping Crosby can bring home their first Championship.  I'm pulling for the underdog in this one.  Aledo can make the record books another day. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SSwami said:

As far as Crossby goes..we will win...as far as Carthage goes..we played 5 or 6 teams much better than anyone Carthage played this year. 1 of them is in the 6a finals.

Sadly, our game was cancelled due to covid, but next year in a season where both Crosby and Carthage have a number of key contributors to replace at least we’ll get a game. Well, it’s scheduled; hopefully rona doesn’t cancel that game too.