Cameron Yoe - OPEN

Yoe09

3 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Stop taking up for Brashear I told you yoe nation win Rhoades left and you hired this guy it would be a big swing and a miss.........Discipline aside he had the talent to keep doing what rhoades left off and he wasnt the guy for the job! Hopefully yall do the right thing this time and make a great hire because everyone besides i guess you knew this was a huge mistake! The entire state of Texas in 3A D1 was excited when rhoades left and yall hire him and that should tell you everything you need to know about the hire. Thank you for hiring him so yall would be down and teams like Malakoff, Grandview could shine lol. Hell Teague even beat yall and we could never get over the hump when yall was under Rhoades

Well, darn. I wasn't aware you live in Cameron and associate with coaches and fans and boosters and other citizens here. I humbly and sincerely apologize for daring to think I might know more than you about what goes on in what is obviously your town, and I  heretofire concede to your innate wisdom and infinite knowledge of all things Yoe.

1 hour ago, 88YoePride said:

Well, darn. I wasn't aware you live in Cameron and associate with coaches and fans and boosters and other citizens here. I humbly and sincerely apologize for daring to think I might know more than you about what goes on in what is obviously your town, and I  heretofire concede to your innate wisdom and infinite knowledge of all things Yoe.

actually i know a lot of folks in cameron just because I dont live there doesnt mean I dont know people and know whats going on....

7 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Stop taking up for Brashear I told you yoe nation win Rhoades left and you hired this guy it would be a big swing and a miss.........Discipline aside he had the talent to keep doing what rhoades left off and he wasnt the guy for the job! Hopefully yall do the right thing this time and make a great hire because everyone besides i guess you knew this was a huge mistake! The entire state of Texas in 3A D1 was excited when rhoades left and yall hire him and that should tell you everything you need to know about the hire. Thank you for hiring him so yall would be down and teams like Malakoff, Grandview could shine lol. Hell Teague even beat yall and we could never get over the hump when yall was under Rhoades

I’m impressed you pretty much nailed it.   Couldn’t have said it any better. 
I have live in Cameron for the most of my entire life.  Most likely much older than most folks that post here from Yoe Nation. 
The Cameron Yoemen have lost their mystique and reputation in 3a this past 5 seasons.   No longer by how much we will win by to now if we were going to be competitive enough to win. 
Way too much inconsistency on both sides of the ball. 
Hopefully CISD has learned from this mistake and let’s just move on. 

5 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

actually i know a lot of folks in cameron just because I dont live there doesnt mean I dont know people and know whats going on....

You are right people in Cameron were  leery of the Brashear hire for sure.

Most fans questioned the search process and were alarmed at the final  applicant count.

A few  board members and a small group of folks were given talking points to spread the propaganda that  this was the best  hire since Toby York and all other applicants were garbage.

A questionable hire to say the least  and most fans  knew what they were getting with the Brashear hire but  they just hoped things would fall their way. Most football fans  in surrounding communities had to be happy with the hire I am sure.

We all know that there are things  that happen internally that causes moves to be made that fans will never find out about until years later.

Best of luck to the new Head Coach and AD of the Cameron Yoe. They will be high expectations from the Yoe Nation to reach that State title game. That is the burden that the Coach will carry in Cameron.

On 1/15/2021 at 6:18 PM, bulldogs99 said:

My opinion is most Yoe fans want a fair hiring process unlike the previous Yoe head coach search. Hire the best Coach for the job.

Coach Tommy had a 49 win 11 loss record at Yoe. He couldn't  take them to the state title game and the fan base  recognized that.

I am sure there  are internal issues within the program  and   the fan base will never be given that information.

I will say the movers and shakers in Cameron who stated Rhoades had no discipline in his program may want to retract their statement after observing the Brashear tenure as Head Coach at Yoe.

Good luck to Coach Tommy in his endeavors within the Cameron ISD or else where. 

Interesting  times at Yoe. 

That’s a ton better record than the great Todd Dodge had at Cameron.

Other than the Rhoades family, who do you see being a good fit? I like Chris Koetting from Canadian.

Do you think a lot of qualified coaches will even apply seeing how the last opening was handled? Yoe is known for being a home boy hiring fest.

Just now, UnclePigg said:

1F380E50-533E-4BA7-82E9-774DB21620E0.png

I’m certainly no expert, but it always seems like administration is the place for guys that can’t coach; I mean obviously a good pay raise is reason for the move(s) to admin, but more often than not admin is a place for coaches that can’t hack it on the gridiron 

7 hours ago, Slickarick said:

Need to bring in a rhoades type guy here. Could be a great gig. Just need to get the kids reeled in and moving in the right direction. 

Word on the street in Cameron is it may be Rhoades himself, but I just don't believe Rick Rhoades will  ever coach  at  Cameron  Yoe again. I see it as false street talk.

On 1/26/2021 at 5:37 PM, bulldogs99 said:

Word on the street in Cameron is it may be Rhoades himself, but I just don't believe Rick Rhoades will  ever coach  at  Cameron  Yoe again. I see it as false street talk.

What about Rick Rhoades' brother? Is he a candidate? He was an assistant on the State Championship teams.

1 hour ago, DeKlabBeers said:

What about Rick Rhoades' brother? Is he a candidate? He was an assistant on the State Championship teams.

Maybe his son applied for Yoe vacancy. You never know in Cameron. I think his son in law is a coach also. I think they are just getting started.

21 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

Maybe his son applied for Yoe vacancy. You never know in Cameron. I think his son in law is a coach also. I think they are just getting started.

I read where the Sup has assigned a 10 person selection committee for new hire position. How does this work and what role do these people play in the hiring process? Are any of these people school board members etc...?

54 minutes ago, CMat79 said:

I read where the Sup has assigned a 10 person selection committee for new hire position. How does this work and what role do these people play in the hiring process? Are any of these people school board members etc...?

YOE HIGH CREATES SEARCH COMMITTEE FOR NEW COACH 2021-01-25

(CAMERON) The Yoe football team will have a new head coach next year. 

Cameron ISD Superintendent Kevin Sprinkles said Friday that a 10-person committee made up of members of the community and the school district has been assigned the task of creating goals and a preferred character profile for the next head football coach and athletic director. Candidate interviews will begin after those factors are determined.

2 hours ago, CMat79 said:

Committees are bad

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 2:09 PM, highschoolfootball99 said:

actually i know

On 1/20/2021 at 2:09 PM, highschoolfootball99 said:

Well I actually have talked to Coach. And I didn't say anything different from what you said - From all rumors, he wasn't the most exceptional candidate interviewed for the job. And as such, he has made some questionable decisions. But I know that not all the shortcomings the program has had during his tenure are solely his fault. Again, the main two reasons the school board hired him were because they knew they could him cheaper, and because they knew they could own him when they wanted to.

And I'm telling you right now, there is a danger of that same decision-making occurring again. It depends on who is on this committee, particularly the non-school board members.

I'm already really curious where this interest in Jeff Hulme came from. Considering the guy hasn't done too shabby consudering the district Midway is in. Why would he be interested in dropping from 6A to 3A? I mean, the money alone has to be an issue, unless they're seriously underpaying him in Hewitt.

• Like 1