Cameron Yoe - OPEN

Yoe09

5 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Do you have a web site ot anything for proof... Im glad he is back if so

Just pictures that someone posted from the board meeting, of Rhoades sitting there in his YOE mask and maroon tie. Oh, wait, found one. Twitter. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RoYegue said:

Just pictures that someone posted from the board meeting, of Rhoades sitting there in his YOE mask and maroon tie. Oh, wait, found one. Twitter. 

That is great for Yoe land..... Im looking forward to our game next year. I hope we can go back to have packed stands again

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

That is great for Yoe land..... Im looking forward to our game next year. I hope we can go back to have packed stands again

And here I was thinkin' yall were gonna come over here and embarass us on our own field this fall. In the words of the immortal Jim Ross - "Business just picked up!" 😎

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Word is, Jack is coming with him.

Unfortunately, I've heard the opposite. KCEN reported that Jack said there is currently no plans for him to coach in Cameron. Of course, that could all change. Let's hope. 

16 hours ago, Shawn said:

Darn it, being a Midway parent we were hoping you would hire Hulme. 

I coached against Coach Hulme for several years in the metroplex and he’s a top notch ball coach,  a very good ball coach and a class act. I’d be careful wanting to get rid of him, several districts would take him.

Edited by randomuser

2 hours ago, CMat79 said:

Anyone know if OC will stay or go? Any other assistants for that matter?

My  guess he stays as offensive  line coach. Hey he may jump to one of  the small schools in Central Texas and take his son with him.

Folks in Cameron say Flores returns as  OC and Jack stays in Westlake.

Only Rhoades knows for sure.

4 hours ago, CMat79 said:

Anyone know if OC will stay or go? Any other assistants for that matter?

Zeinert would be the only coordinator that should be retained.  He should be moved back coaching the offensive line.  He did a nice job there back in 2019.  Word is that he maybe taking a job over in Rosebud-Lott.  He had started building a new house prior to all this coming down. 
Hopefully Rhoades will bring in someone to take over the DC job to stabilize that side of the ball.   
I would imagine a few of the position coaches will be retained.  
Special teams has been a big weakness the past few years.  There definitely will be some changes there. 
Rhoades brings a whole different mentality and toughness that has been lacking the past 5 seasons. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, randomuser said:

I coached against Coach Hulme for several years in the metroplex and he’s a top notch ball coach,  a very good ball coach and a class act. I’d be careful wanting to get rid of him, several districts would take him.

Please Lord almighty someone take him. He has, up until last year been riding Terry Gambill's coat tails at Midway. Two more wins next year in 10 games will have him coaching elsewhere the following year random user

7 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Zeinert would be the only coordinator that should be retained.  He should be moved back coaching the offensive line.  He did a nice job there back in 2019.  Word is that he maybe taking a job over in Rosebud-Lott.  He had started building a new house prior to all this coming down. 
Hopefully Rhoades will bring in someone to take over the DC job to stabilize that side of the ball.   
I would imagine a few of the position coaches will be retained.  
Special teams has been a big weakness the past few years.  There definitely will be some changes there. 
Rhoades brings a whole different mentality and toughness that has been lacking the past 5 seasons. 

My guess is DC stays on staff but as a position coach. Rhoades brings in a new DC.

Special teams coach stays just where he is now.

Assistant  offensive line coach goes to trainer or becomes a junior high coach.

One of Rhoades former players stays on varsity staff as a position coach.

Former HC goes to Rosebud  as a assistant coach.

My guess is you see a highly motivated staff and a remarkable improvement  from junior high to varsity  at Cameron Yoe.

All just a guess. Only Rhoades knows.

13 hours ago, Shawn said:

Please Lord almighty someone take him. He has, up until last year been riding Terry Gambill's coat tails at Midway. Two more wins next year in 10 games will have him coaching elsewhere the following year random user

Is it him or y’all out of kids? I know nothing about Midway I just know coaching against Hulme when he was in Mansfield they were always the most physical team we played. And he won quite a few games at Mansfield. But I’ll say it again, I have no clue what he has at Midway and have really never kept up with them. It would really surprise me if he’s forgotten how to coach. JMO.

Hulme lacks attn to detail. Examples: Gambill never let his

players have their phones at practice. Here’s comes Hulme who lets them and the ones that are hurt at practice are on their phones not even paying attn to the position coach, at halftime n games players are texting their parents/friends telling them the obvious that Hulme QB sucked. State Championship final year in 17 he did not really pay attn to punting. Killed us in final. Three straight shanks never went past the 30 yard line of Midway. The following year he puts a soccer player back their to punt and in one game dropped three straight snaps after Hulme built him up at Booming them in practice. I have a ton more but it’s 5:00 on a Friday 

7 hours ago, Shawn said:

Hulme lacks attn to detail. Examples: Gambill never let his

players have their phones at practice. Here’s comes Hulme who lets them and the ones that are hurt at practice are on their phones not even paying attn to the position coach, at halftime n games players are texting their parents/friends telling them the obvious that Hulme QB sucked. State Championship final year in 17 he did not really pay attn to punting. Killed us in final. Three straight shanks never went past the 30 yard line of Midway. The following year he puts a soccer player back their to punt and in one game dropped three straight snaps after Hulme built him up at Booming them in practice. I have a ton more but it’s 5:00 on a Friday 

Wow, surprising. Like I said I thought he did a great job at Mansfield but I’m not going to question you because I don’t follow or keep up with Midway. Sorry to hear that for Midway because I know recently y’all have been a dominate program. Best of luck next year.

4 hours ago, randomuser said:

Wow, surprising. Like I said I thought he did a great job at Mansfield but I’m not going to question you because I don’t follow or keep up with Midway. Sorry to hear that for Midway because I know recently y’all have been a dominate program. Best of luck next year.

Thanks coach you as well.

• Like 1

What does the talent level, beyond the norm, look like for next couple season at Yoe? I'm sure that's one of the things Rhoades looked at before taking this job. 

Also, what about the district? Looks like Troy may be down and Rockdale up.

On 2/9/2021 at 7:32 AM, RoYegue said:

Unfortunately, I've heard the opposite. KCEN reported that Jack said there is currently no plans for him to coach in Cameron. Of course, that could all change. Let's hope. 

Actually, I ended up running into someone close to Coach Rhoades the other day myself who told me he is pretty sure Jack is not coming.

Yet.

The absolute right decision was made to bring Rhoades back to Cameron.  It's one thing to get a coach with a proven track record, but it's another thing to get one that knows the community and kids.  Cameron is a place where a good coach is going to win games; it's simply a proven fact with the history of the program.  This would have been the equivalent of York returning in the 90s.  The big hires now will be the coordinators. 

In terms of talent, I'm not going to say Cameron is quite as loaded as 2012, but there is certainly adequate talent to win and win in the playoffs.  The Yoemen have a ton returning from last season and are going to be in the mix for the district and regional title.   If you watched Cameron in 2009 (Rhoades' first season), you could see significant improvement in that group as the season progressed.  That team ended up beating Navasota and nearly took down district champ Caldwell at home in the finale.  I don't believe this will be some sort of "rebuild" based on what I see returning to the fold.

In terms of the district as a whole, it was not great in 2020 and IMO could be more so down in 2021.  Troy is going to take a step back.  Rockdale has a good incoming sophomore class but I could see them taking a step back as I would consider their 2020 campaign to be a disappointment.  McGregor is losing a big senior class.  Caldwell could be better and Academy has some better talent coming up, but they may be heading to 4A pretty quick.  Cameron and Lorena should compete at the top.  This may be Lorena's last year in 3A based on what came out initially on class sizes.  

On 2/19/2021 at 1:57 PM, Yoe09 said:

The absolute right decision was made to bring Rhoades back to Cameron.  It's one thing to get a coach with a proven track record, but it's another thing to get one that knows the community and kids.  Cameron is a place where a good coach is going to win games; it's simply a proven fact with the history of the program.  This would have been the equivalent of York returning in the 90s.  The big hires now will be the coordinators. 

In terms of talent, I'm not going to say Cameron is quite as loaded as 2012, but there is certainly adequate talent to win and win in the playoffs.  The Yoemen have a ton returning from last season and are going to be in the mix for the district and regional title.   If you watched Cameron in 2009 (Rhoades' first season), you could see significant improvement in that group as the season progressed.  That team ended up beating Navasota and nearly took down district champ Caldwell at home in the finale.  I don't believe this will be some sort of "rebuild" based on what I see returning to the fold.

In terms of the district as a whole, it was not great in 2020 and IMO could be more so down in 2021.  Troy is going to take a step back.  Rockdale has a good incoming sophomore class but I could see them taking a step back as I would consider their 2020 campaign to be a disappointment.  McGregor is losing a big senior class.  Caldwell could be better and Academy has some better talent coming up, but they may be heading to 4A pretty quick.  Cameron and Lorena should compete at the top.  This may be Lorena's last year in 3A based on what came out initially on class sizes.  

Really looking forward to Franklin vs Cameron week 3 as long as covid dont keep our players out again lol. Hope the stands are packed

• Like 1

This hire of Rhoades give the Yoemen instant creditability, swagger and respect they have not had since he left in 2016. 
It was nice to see an administration throw out hometown politics and make the correct decision.  
Those state championship monuments in front of Yoe stadium says all that needs to be said.  

Agree it was the best hire. It will be interesting to see who the assistants will be.

I listened to Rhoades interview the other day and he said he would be opened to hiring Brashear. Not sure if that would ever happen but a classy thing to say.