I think Wylie East is going to shock some folks this year. The QB Washington is going to be explosive and can see with Gold's system them opening it up and getting him in space. If James can tap into that potential as a DE, they can for sure be the 3rd or 4th team in district - signed lone WERaiderfan

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dagreatflyatx said:

I think Wylie East is going to shock some folks this year. The QB Washington is going to be explosive and can see with Gold's system them opening it up and getting him in space. If James can tap into that potential as a DE, they can for sure be the 3rd or 4th team in district - signed lone WERaiderfan

I liked East before the Gold hire....now I really like the Raiders.

Washington will thrive a lot in his system. I think that program is on to something....people forget that Wylie East was winning 9-10 games in a season not too long ago. 

I also hear that most of the talent in Wylie ISD is shifting more toward East instead of Wylie High. How true is that?

2024 Tyler RB Derrick McFall (5'11 175) just ran an 11.19 100 meter in Lancaster today....barely missing 1st place. 

He beat fellow teammate and FBS recruit 2023 Tyler WR Montrell Wade (6'2 180) who ran an 11.28.

McFall has some wheels.

• Like 1

2024 Longview RB Taylor Tatum (5'11 190) just received an invite to Under Armour All-America Camp.

Projected to be one of the top RBs in the state, maybe country for the 2024 cycle.

On 3/3/2021 at 8:38 PM, ANTI said:

I feel bad for Grant.

He has all the tools to be a D1 QB. The arm, the mechanics, the size at 6'3 200+...his pops was a great Lobo...we sorta forget how good of a QB he is because of Allen jumping him a bit unexpectedly (almost exclusively because he knew the system better).

Bright side is....he's definitely D1 caliber on the baseball field.

Speaking of that.. Grant, Allen and Tutt are all on the varsity baseball team. 

That means Thomas could probably benefit most in the spring because those three could be more busy with baseball.

Whoever wins out will sure have plenty of toys to play with out wide. Amarian Hamilton (JR), Dekalon Taylor (SR)....the two JR towers on the outside Jalen Hale (6'3.5 180) and JT Wright (6'4 190)....

If Longview fans were wondering just how fast Slot/RB Dekalon Taylor is, he may be the fastest player in the district.

He just ripped a 10.65 100 meter, leaving former Longview RB Kaden Meredith in the dust. And we know how fast Meredith was.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ANTI said:

I liked East before the Gold hire....now I really like the Raiders.

Washington will thrive a lot in his system. I think that program is on to something....people forget that Wylie East was winning 9-10 games in a season not too long ago. 

I also hear that most of the talent in Wylie ISD is shifting more toward East instead of Wylie High. How true is that?

Very true. Finally getting the lineman that we’re going to High over to East. They will be young but a lot of size. Come next year they will be good players. I checked out a work out with their secondary today and also seen Anthony James there too . That 4.7 speed is legit and he’s at least 245 -250 now. This district is going to be a lot more competitive this year then last 

17 minutes ago, dagreatflyatx said:

This district is going to be a lot more competitive this year then last 

Yep. Very true.

I said this before but the only team that I'll be shocked to see make post season is West Mesquite, and even they should be slightly improved from last year.

Tyler High 2021 Schedule

8/20 - vs Desoto (scrimmage), 7 PM

Week 1  8/27 - @ Texas High, 7 PM

Week 2  9/3 - vs Legacy, 7 PM

Week 3  9/10 - @ Nacogdoches, 7 PM

Week 4  9/17 - vs Mesquite Horn, 7 PM

Week 5  9/24 - vs McKinney North, 7:30 PM

Week 6  OPEN

Week 7  10/8 - @ West Mesquite, 7:30 PM

Week 8  10/15 - vs Wylie East (HC), 7:30 PM

Week 9  10/22 - @ Highland Park, 7:30 PM

Week 10  10/29 - vs Sherman (Senior Night), 7:30 PM

Week 11  11/5 - @ Longview, 7:30 PM

10 hours ago, ANTI said:

2024 Tyler RB Derrick McFall (5'11 175) just ran an 11.19 100 meter in Lancaster today....barely missing 1st place. 

He beat fellow teammate and FBS recruit 2023 Tyler WR Montrell Wade (6'2 180) who ran an 11.28.

McFall has some wheels.

yes sir. He did very well last week at Skyline track meet.   I told you he has the potential to be Kitan Crawford or better. Kitan was a track standout too. But this kid is just a freshman. An all around athlete. Good in basketball too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

yes sir. He did very well last week at Skyline track meet.   I told you he has the potential to be Kitan Crawford or better. Kitan was a track standout too. But this kid is just a freshman. An all around athlete. Good in basketball too.

Tyler high has some serious talent in the C/O 23 and 24. Just we can capitalize on it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

This kid is on the rise. I believe he is Keandre Street lil brother. 

Still trying to figure out what happens to that stud WR y'all had on JV this past year.

So much talent at the skill positions....good problem to have.

7 hours ago, ANTI said:

Still trying to figure out what happens to that stud WR y'all had on JV this past year.

So much talent at the skill positions....good problem to have.

You talking about the Langston kid.  He is around. I believe he is running track too.  Woods little brother (who started at CB this yr as a freshman) is on Varsity track too. He has been finishing in the top 5 in the 200. 

Sill positions are there....but not deep at OLine or D-line (although I think the Sanford kid will be pretty good)  and lots of other issues with depth  Really like to see who will be QB.  I wouldn't be shocked if Lacy gets a shot at it..but thinking the transfer will likely be the starter if he is there in the fall. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

You talking about the Langston kid.  He is around. I believe he is running track too.  Woods little brother (who started at CB this yr as a freshman) is on Varsity track too. He has been finishing in the top 5 in the 200. 

Sill positions are there....but not deep at OLine or D-line (although I think the Sanford kid will be pretty good)  and lots of other issues with depth  Really like to see who will be QB.  I wouldn't be shocked if Lacy gets a shot at it..but thinking the transfer will likely be the starter if he is there in the fall. 

STRAIGHT facts! One of the biggest reasons Tyler high can't compete with the major 5A teams  is the lack oline and dline players across the board. Holmes and coaches are trying to put something together, because this team, if the transfer works out, can be competitive. 

• Like 1