4 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

no doubt.  He got snaps last yr.  Returned lots of kicks. He will be on the field.   Likely on both sides.

They have lots of DB, WR, RBs in the program...but low on lineman, especially on the defensive side. Kinda one of the main reasons they switched to 3-4. 

I forget that y'all are replacing secondary positions....outside of Tatum and Williams.

Jones looks destined for CB. WR is too stacked...and I still say Langston needs to be on the field somewhere.

It sounds crazy....but would you consider giving Wade more reps at safety? A secondary of Williams, Wade, Tatum and Jones would not only be talented....it'd be by far the rangiest secondary in the district...maybe all of 5A.

You'd still have Langston, Potts, Lacy at WR....and now you have a better QB.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

no doubt.  He got snaps last yr.  Returned lots of kicks. He will be on the field.   Likely on both sides.

They have lots of DB, WR, RBs in the program...but low on lineman, especially on the defensive side. Kinda one of the main reasons they switched to 3-4. 

STRAIGHT FACTS! Hoping for improvement on the field this season 🙏🏾

When this sophomore class was playing pop Warner back in the days. I always said Jones was the best one out of all of them. He did everything for the Ravens back in the day. Which wasn't but a few years ago.

The best pop Warner football player I've seen in the last ten years was definitely Jamarion Miller. There is a reason why he is rated a 4 🌟 recruit and has 25 offers and counting.  Tavon Wesley was nice too. He is few years older. He stood out when he played pop Warner. But from Miller on down, he was definitely the best out the bunch.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ANTI said:

I forget that y'all are replacing secondary positions....outside of Tatum and Williams.

Jones looks destined for CB. WR is too stacked...and I still say Langston needs to be on the field somewhere.

It sounds crazy....but would you consider giving Wade more reps at safety? A secondary of Williams, Wade, Tatum and Jones would not only be talented....it'd be by far the rangiest secondary in the district...maybe all of 5A.

You'd still have Langston, Potts, Lacy at WR....and now you have a better QB.

Its possible, but I got to think Wade will spend most of the time at WR.  Last yr, the kicker, I believe his last name is Howard, played some at Safety. Lacy played some DB too and so did that Key kid.   They will find somebody, because I think the Martin kid that was a freshman on JV has a good chance to start at CB too. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 2:40 PM, ANTI said:

Y'all know that I like discussing future talent. 

We all know Longview has a rich tradition and history of good RBs. But the future of the Longview Lobo RBs is about to be fun.

You all have heard or should be familiar with 2024 RB Taylor Tatum by now, who should be taking over RB1 for Longview as a sophomore this fall. Future major recruit. Fellow classmate Willie Nelson is also a stud but could be FS long term.

Well, coming right behind them is 2025 Kelvin Washington, who will be in 9th this fall. Judson product...crazy talented. He just ran an 100m in the 11 range this week in the MS meet.

The 2027 group (incoming 7th) is looking like another one of 'those' groups. Several coaches sons involved in this group, including at the QB position. Then there's 2027 RB/ATH Kaidon Graves. A name to certainly remember for the future. Not only a star on the football field but in track and baseball as well.

Yes!!!! My grandson was Qb for that team.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 9:00 PM, gtee2 said:

Great man! Trying to stay safe and healthy

Man, we already knew about football and basketball....but Hale is also making a lot of noise on that track too. Dude is fast...running that 200m and 4x200. He won the 200 down in Lufkin today.

We can't forget that his pops still has some of the fastest track times in UIL history from his HS days.

Can't Miss Sports ranks McKinney North's Zion Carter as they 6th best defensive lineman in TX for the 2024 class.

Also, I can vouch for Dealyn Evans from Longview Pine Tree being on the list. Dude has been a monster since youth.

On 3/18/2021 at 10:58 PM, ANTI said:

Man, we already knew about football and basketball....but Hale is also making a lot of noise on that track too. Dude is fast...running that 200m and 4x200. He won the 200 down in Lufkin today.

We can't forget that his pops still has some of the fastest track times in UIL history from his HS days.

I wanna see him in open quarter and mile relay! All them other events I'on care bout lol

On 3/3/2021 at 7:39 PM, ANTI said:

The QB you're talking about is Andrew Tutt, who's apart of that stacked 2024 class. The highest ceiling of these 4 QBs.

This doesn't even include many of the best plays that I saw from him in '20 but here are highlights of 2024 Longview QB Andrew Tutt. I like something about all 4 of the QB's vying for that QB1, but Tutt has the highest ceiling of them all. Smart, mature leader, great accuracy, strong arm....literally all of the tools that a future FBS QB would have. And yes, he can run too. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/15262644/60465a033deb0608707e2296

Played up (and started) on JV during JT week (that game is still up on youtube), and was 1 of 10 freshmen moved up to varsity when playoffs started. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ANTI said:

This doesn't even include many of the best plays that I saw from him in '20 but here are highlights of 2024 Longview QB Andrew Tutt. I like something about all 4 of the QB's vying for that QB1, but Tutt has the highest ceiling of them all. Smart, mature leader, great accuracy, strong arm....literally all of the tools that a future FBS QB would have. And yes, he can run too. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/15262644/60465a033deb0608707e2296

Played up (and started) on JV during JT week (that game is still up on youtube), and was 1 of 10 freshmen moved up to varsity when playoffs started. 

Yooo @Quick, watch Tutt highlights and compare/contrast him to Mayfield at Lake Travis. 

Just saying.  ;)