On 7/8/2021 at 7:51 PM, ANTI said:

ESPN just released their top 300 rankings for the 2023 (JR) class.

Two from the district made the cut.

Longview WR Jalen Hale is ranked the #2 WR in the nation, #12 overall player in the nation, #1 WR in TX and #3 overall player in TX.

Wylie East DE Anthony James is ranked the #10 DE in the nation, #88 overall player in the nation, #1 DE in TX and #15 overall player in TX.

What wr ahead of him don't hear about them well maybe if was in their state lol.

Longview 2023 (JR) K Michael Fields (6'1 165) is attending Kohl's Kicking Academy Invitational this weekend. Next guy up in Loboland.

Pretty big. He's been attending numerous camps this off-season including Chris Sailer Kicking.

Now ranked the #7 K/P in TX for '23 class.

• Like 1

QBHitList just released their national top 200 dual threat QB rankings for the class of 2022 (SR).

Longview's Josh Thomas came in at #85. Tyler High's Eli Holt came in at #117.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ANTI said:

QBHitList just released their national top 200 dual threat QB rankings for the class of 2022 (SR).

Longview's Josh Thomas came in at #85. Tyler High's Eli Holt came in at #117.

Again, why is this "QB battle" even a discussion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Again, why is this "QB battle" even a discussion.

You know how it is...

It took a beatdown from Horn for us to fully start the best QB in program history back in 2017....although we all knew he was the best option long before that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I agree but prolly wanna show some loyalty to the returning starter 

Allen isn't making it easy for em though.

I have to give it to em, he's a hard worker like Thomas. Just attended another camp out of state today.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ANTI said:

Allen isn't making it easy for em though.

I have to give it to em, he's a hard worker like Thomas. Just attended another camp out of state today.

Yea it’s kinda wrong to just give it to the other guys when Allen did almost take y’all to a state title game last year, it’s not he was terrible like Sanchez at Tyler or something. He should start until other wise, if Thomas was worried about starting it’s a lot other schools in east Texas that need a QB lol. Heck go over to hallsville or pine tree lol.  

42 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yea it’s kinda wrong to just give it to the other guys when Allen did almost take y’all to a state title game last year, it’s not he was terrible like Sanchez at Tyler or something. He should start until other wise, if Thomas was worried about starting it’s a lot other schools in east Texas that need a QB lol. Heck go over to hallsville or pine tree lol.  

lol what. We reached the third round.

And that was due to our defense and Meredith.

During the spring and summer, Thomas has been the clear better QB. And it really hasn't been close IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I think the best player should start, which so far, has been Thomas.

When you watch Thomas, he is legit FCS/low FBS talent. He has 1 offer now but I have no doubt in my mind that he'd have more had his season not been shortened.

The best way that I can describe it, Allen is a game manager. But Thomas is a game changer.

Heck, I'm still of the opinion that our '24 QB Tutt has a bit more to offer than Allen.

• Like 2