7 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

If that number's right they've added 500 kids in two years, while Wylie will barely have added 100

Living in Wylie, that number is probably correct. New homes being built are all being constructed in WEHS zone. And there are hundreds more still to come

On 7/26/2021 at 6:19 AM, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yea it’s kinda wrong to just give it to the other guys when Allen did almost take y’all to a state title game last year, it’s not he was terrible like Sanchez at Tyler or something. He should start until other wise, if Thomas was worried about starting it’s a lot other schools in east Texas that need a QB lol. Heck go over to hallsville or pine tree lol.  

If he is not a state champion caliber QB we don’t want him in SH.  😂

• LOL! 1

10 hours ago, ANTI said:

Wylie East is almost certainly 6A bound.

I went to that twitter page and looked at all the new high schools opening in Texas.  5a (and probably 6a too) is going to get flooded with ton of new schools and i'm not sure there is a enough room with the current configurations.   4a is going to get smaller and I'm not sure they will be able to have 2 divisions in the next 5 yrs or so. 

2 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I went to that twitter page and looked at all the new high schools opening in Texas.  5a (and probably 6a too) is going to get flooded with ton of new schools and i'm not sure there is a enough room with the current configurations.   4a is going to get smaller and I'm not sure they will be able to have 2 divisions in the next 5 yrs or so. 

Some of my same thoughts....some changes will definitely have to be made to accomodate growth.

That top number in 4A will have to keep rising, eventually swollowing the low 5As that see little to no growth compared to the rest of the state.

Longview, Tyler, Legacy, Lufkin and Tx-High ....maybe Nac will probably be the only ETX 5A and up schools left in 10 years.

The 4A classification is the reason why 7A talks have gained so much traction recently.

Wylie will probably be having HS #3 conversations soon. 

17 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Some of my same thoughts....some changes will definitely have to be made to accomodate growth.

That top number in 4A will have to keep rising, eventually swollowing the low 5As that see little to no growth compared to the rest of the state.

Longview, Tyler, Legacy, Lufkin and Tx-High ....maybe Nac will probably be the only ETX 5A and up schools left in 10 years.

The 4A classification is the reason why 7A talks have gained so much traction recently.

no doubt.  These metro areas are growing so fast. but some of the middle size cities are combining and building new schools too... Like Belton, Killeen.Wichita Falls.    Wolforth ISD in Lubbock is probably going to build a new school and Cooper ISD in Lubbock too. 

45 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Yep. Pretty much dead on.

I've been following that account for the last year or so, just because I find it so, so interesting.

7A is definitely going to happen at some point. It's just a matter of when and not if.

Even with 7A, I'm not convinced Longview/Legacy/Tyler/Lufkin/T High will not be 5A.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Even with 7A, I'm not convinced Longview/Legacy/Tyler/Lufkin/T High will not be 5A.

For sure...  I mean, yeah, we're gonna see some incremental growth in the next 5-10 years, but nowhere near the level of the metro/suburban areas of the state. It's absolutely crazy right now, and likely for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LOL said:

For sure...  I mean, yeah, we're gonna see some incremental growth in the next 5-10 years, but nowhere near the level of the metro/suburban areas of the state. It's absolutely crazy right now, and likely for the foreseeable future. 

All them peeps from Cali moving to Texas 🤐

2 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Tulane and Kentucky offer Longview JR WR Jalen Hale today.

34 offers.

Raised a Kentucky fan, definitely excited to see the Cats offer Jalen.

Do you remember the amount of offers Haynes had? It has to be close to 34, if Jalen hasn't already surpassed that.

You keep up with that stuff way more than I do. Just crazy how he's blown up this off season.

2 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Raised a Kentucky fan, definitely excited to see the Cats offer Jalen.

Do you remember the amount of offers Haynes had? It has to be close to 34, if Jalen hasn't already surpassed that.

You keep up with that stuff way more than I do. Just crazy how he's blown up this off season.

Haynes had 28 and Jalen has more than surpassed that....and hasn't started his JR year yet.

I think '24 Taylor Tatum will see more than Haynes as well. Already has that offer from Washington.

Still can't believe that a back like Tatum and a WR like Hale are on one team.

We have a chance to make some noise this year but that '22 team is looking mighty special right about now.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I bet they welcomed him open arms. 

The way Longview's '24 class beat them as freshmen in '20....I guess they figured they needed some reinforcements for that group. lol

It's all good though. An already stacked Longview '24 class added a defensive transfer this summer. D1 potential. Already 6'1, played varsity ball as a freshman last year, pops made it all the way to training camp for the Green Bay Packers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I realize was sub varsity but that score was shocking. I hope Longview gives it to them in Dallas. 

Highlander Stadium has to be the toughest place to play in Texas.

HP has 1 loss at home since since 1998, which was Lone Star in 2019.

Safe to say, odds are stacked against us. That's why I ranked them ahead of us as favs to win the district. We're up for the challenge though.

Now, on neutral field or anywhere away from Highlander...I do believe Longview is the slightly better team. 

Should be a fun season to watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1