40 minutes ago, bingosmith said:

I still give McNorth the 4th spot.  They lost to Tyler in Tyler by 17 but if you wanted to dissect the game it could tell a different story.  McNorth dropped 2 TD passes in the end zone,  gave up a big play on the KO where there was a missed call for a block in the back and then Tyler scores a late TD because McNorth went for it late in the game down 10 on their side of the field.  THIS IS NOT TO TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM TYLER.  I am just saying if Tyler is the 3rd team in the district then McNorth still has a shot and I think they can beat WM, WE and Sherman.  Thursday is very important for McNorth and WM. 

Tyler missed a lot of opportunities to make the score worse, but our OC has a tendency to be really conservative which allows teams to stay in the game, same as the horn game. 

Like I said I am not taking anything away from Tyler, but there are 3 plays that directly had a 21 point impact plus the last 2 mins where most teams take a knee so really 28 points. I think McNorth has a chance for 4th even though many have written them off and it’s a tough road. 

23 minutes ago, bingosmith said:

Like I said I am not taking anything away from Tyler, but there are 3 plays that directly had a 21 point impact plus the last 2 mins where most teams take a knee so really 28 points. I think McNorth has a chance for 4th even though many have written them off and it’s a tough road. 

are you the guy from start local media? The one writes about North and other MISD teams?

Like Stephen’s A List I’m going start making a NODAYS-OFF-LIST. But not as detailed lol just a simple week to week district ranking. Remember the list is FLUID, and it can change each week!!

Week 6 District Rankings

1. Highland Park

2. Longview

3. Tyler

4. West Mesquite 

5. McKinney North

6. Sherman

7. Wylie East

y’all counter and make your own list!

remember this can change 1-7 ain’t safe!!

On 9/28/2021 at 11:23 AM, bingosmith said:

I still give McNorth the 4th spot.  They lost to Tyler in Tyler by 17 but if you wanted to dissect the game it could tell a different story.  McNorth dropped 2 TD passes in the end zone,  gave up a big play on the KO where there was a missed call for a block in the back and then Tyler scores a late TD because McNorth went for it late in the game down 10 on their side of the field.  THIS IS NOT TO TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM TYLER.  I am just saying if Tyler is the 3rd team in the district then McNorth still has a shot and I think they can beat WM, WE and Sherman.  Thursday is very important for McNorth and WM. 

The way I see it, 3rd and 4th place are both still up for the taking. Yes Tyler High and Sherman edges out by a little, “and may have the capability”,  but by means has shown head & shoulders above the others. The same is for 1st and 2nd, LV, HP. So much can take place in this time and space that we are in.

Highland Park/Sherman moved to 5:30 PM tomorrow.

So we'll have

Thursday 5:30 PM - Highland Park at Sherman

Thursday 7:00 PM - West Mesquite at McKinney North

Friday - 7:30 PM - Wylie East at Longview

Tyler - Off

No idea what will happen with the Sherman/Hp subvarsity games. Little worry that HP will have an extra day to prepare for us now but ah well.

On 9/28/2021 at 1:34 PM, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Like Stephen’s A List I’m going start making a NODAYS-OFF-LIST. But not as detailed lol just a simple week to week district ranking. Remember the list is FLUID, and it can change each week!!

Week 6 District Rankings

1. Highland Park

2. Longview

3. Tyler

4. West Mesquite 

5. McKinney North

6. Sherman

7. Wylie East

y’all counter and make your own list!

remember this can change 1-7 ain’t safe!!

Longview a little to high...

The Sherman bearcats are averaging about 27.8 points a game on offense, and giving up about 31.2 points a game on defense, Sherman offense has been almost night and day this season, and the defense isn’t helping by giving up over 30 points a game, that will put there playoff hopes in Jeapordy when you still have HP on the schedule today and then also to travel to Longview and tyler. 

Highland park is averaging about 32.25 points a game on offense, and giving up about 28.25 points a game on defense, Highland parks offense seems to be humming as the season, but the defense has been the cause of some close games this season for the scots, with the defense giving up an average of almost 30 points a game this season is it safe to say you can put HP on upset alert in some games this season?? We will see.

McKinney north is averaging about 28.4 points a game on offense, and on defense giving up about a eyebrow raising 40 points a game. McKinney north is trending toward being at the bottom of the district simply because the defense can’t stop a nose bleed, 40 points a game is not gonna cut it. That simple. 

West Mesquite is averaging about 34.6 points a game on offense, and is giving up about 34.2 points a game on defense. Simply put west looks like that has to play shoot out games to win cause a defense giving up 35 points a game is not helping, but when your offense score the same amount. You have a chance, granted that west has played against lesser opponents outside of Longview you should put an asterisk by the 34.6 point per game on offense cause that might not hold true against better competition. 

Lastly wylie east, they are averaging a league worst 21.7 points a game on offense, and giving up 27 points a game on offense. Wylie east is a weird team because most of the losses and wins have been close and granted they were all really bad teams and it seems like they can’t get anything really going on offense. Bottom of the barrel team right now. 

So here are our full district rankings stats for each team. 

Offense average points a game:

1. Tyler- 34.8

2. West Mesquite- 34.6

3. Highland Park- 32.25

4. Longview- 29.4

5. McKinney North- 28.4

6. Sherman- 27.8

7. Wylie East- 21.7

Defense points allowed per game:

1. Longview- 21.8

2. Wylie East- 27

3. Highland Park- 28.25