JV
Longview beat Wylie East,  27-0

9th
Longview beat Wylie East,  55-3

JV
1. Longview (5-0)(2-0)

9th
1. Longview (5-0)(2-0)

You know a program's subvarsities have been dominant when you see this and you go, "Yeah, another shutout and/or 50-point blowout. Ho-hum. (Yawn) Looking like another undefeated season."

I'm curious, how long has this string of dominance been going on in the JV/9th grade program? They've been solid for as long as I can remember. Hey @LoboFan07you're the stat guru, what's our W-L record for the last decade? 

25 minutes ago, LOL said:

You know a program's subvarsities have been dominant when you see this and you go, "Yeah, another shutout and/or 50-point blowout. Ho-hum. (Yawn) Looking like another undefeated season."

I'm curious, how long has this string of dominance been going on in the JV/9th grade program? They've been solid for as long as I can remember. Hey @LoboFan07you're the stat guru, what's our W-L record for the last decade? 

I'd say there's usually 2 "bad" classes (for Longview's standards) per decade the last two decades. 

Last decade, it was the seniors in 2016. The seniors now were the 2nd but there are still pieces in this senior group. ie: Devean Isaac, DT Taylor, Jesse Fairchild etc. 

But the talent and classes coming up currently, 11th-7th....I haven't seen it to this level at Longview.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I'd say there's usually 2 "bad" classes (for Longview's standards) per decade the last two decades. 

Last decade, it was the seniors in 2016. The seniors now were the 2nd but there are still pieces in this senior group. ie: Devean Isaac, DT Taylor, Jesse Fairchild etc. 

But the talent and classes coming up currently, 11th-7th....I haven't seen it to this level at Longview.

FWIW there's a tight-knit group of 4th-5th grade PEPsters who have my interest right now.  ;) 

• LOL! 1

12 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

They held it down for 3 1/2 quarters, the fact that even happened should give you cause to pause about HP. 

yeah it was def lot closer than I thought it would be.. I would think starting at 5:30 on a Thursday and a halftime that only lasted about 5-10 min played apart a bit, kinda weird game.  hp has some size upfront on offense ran pretty much at will 2nd half but qb didn’t really stand out like they’ve had in the past. hoping lobos and jt give them all they want. gettin ahead early would e big . idk if that qb can make enough plays if the run game not workin. hope hale has a day cause they only had one decent safety imo corners..idk bout them. jt has some wrs that pretty dangerous in space 2 so who knows 

23 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

yeah it was def lot closer than I thought it would be.. I would think starting at 5:30 on a Thursday and a halftime that only lasted about 5-10 min played apart a bit, kinda weird game.  hp has some size upfront on offense ran pretty much at will 2nd half but qb didn’t really stand out like they’ve had in the past. hoping lobos and jt give them all they want. gettin ahead early would e big . idk if that qb can make enough plays if the run game not workin. hope hale has a day cause they only had one decent safety imo corners..idk bout them. jt has some wrs that pretty dangerous in space 2 so who knows 

When I saw HP play Southlake earlier this year, I wasn’t impressed with the QB, he is not like previous HP QB’s, he is not a playmaker, he relies on everyone else to look good for him. If wasn’t for the running HP probably would have lost cause they couldn’t get nothing really going in the pass game, he is also kinda fumble prone too. Idk they just don’t seem as explosive like previous years. Athletic teams like LV and TYLER with be problems for and maybe if we both can make them make just enough mistakes we will have a punchers chance. 

31 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

When I saw HP play Southlake earlier this year, I wasn’t impressed with the QB, he is not like previous HP QB’s, he is not a playmaker, he relies on everyone else to look good for him. If wasn’t for the running HP probably would have lost cause they couldn’t get nothing really going in the pass game, he is also kinda fumble prone too. Idk they just don’t seem as explosive like previous years. Athletic teams like LV and TYLER with be problems for and maybe if we both can make them make just enough mistakes we will have a punchers chance. 

I feel the same way. The kid also has a few offers, South Carolina being 1 of them. I guess it's because he's at HP.

2 hours ago, LOL said:

JV:
2020 - 5-1
2019 - 9-1
2018 - 10-0
2017 - 9-1
2016 - 9-1
2015 - 9-0
2014 - 9-0
2013 - 8-1
2012 - 8-3
2011 - 10-0

Freshmen:
2020 - 7-0
2019 - 8-2
2018 - 5-4-1
2017 - 10-0
2016 - 9-0
2015 - 9-0
2014 - 9-1
2013 - 3-6
2012 - 9-2
2011 - 8-2

As ANTI said, our worst senior class perhaps under John King was in 2016. Their freshmen class went 3-6 (2013). And of course, this year's senior class went 5-4-1 as freshmen. The only two classes, in non covid years, to not win at least 8 games the last decade.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

What I find so interesting is their QB gets so flustered the second someone touches him.

Even last night, when he just got sacked..straight up...he went straight to the ref and complained.

He did it all night against Southlake as well.

Hit the guy, and he becomes extremely flustered. Will be interesting next week, cause I guarantee you he's getting hit at least a couple times.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

JV:
2020 - 5-1
2019 - 9-1
2018 - 10-0
2017 - 9-1
2016 - 9-1
2015 - 9-0
2014 - 9-0
2013 - 8-1
2012 - 8-3
2011 - 10-0

Freshmen:
2020 - 7-0
2019 - 8-2
2018 - 5-4-1
2017 - 10-0
2016 - 9-0
2015 - 9-0
2014 - 9-1
2013 - 3-6
2012 - 9-2
2011 - 8-2

As ANTI said, our worst senior class perhaps under John King was in 2016. Their freshmen class went 3-6 (2013). And of course, this year's senior class went 5-4-1 as freshmen. The only two classes, in non covid years, to not win at least 8 games the last decade.

Awesome, thanks! 

47 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

What I find so interesting is their QB gets so flustered the second someone touches him.

Even last night, when he just got sacked..straight up...he went straight to the ref and complained.

He did it all night against Southlake as well.

Hit the guy, and he becomes extremely flustered. Will be interesting next week, cause I guarantee you he's getting hit at least a couple times.

Hopefully they don’t call any BS Calls against y’all next week, cause they do cry a lot to the refs. Jerry can’t help you no more!

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

I guess based on Win/Loss records you say that, but I really wouldn't judge classes by what they do as Freshman...and probably not as sophmores either.   I know the last JT team to go to state, I believe their senior class won only a handful of games as freshman. 

However I will concede that if you have good subvarsity programs, your are likely to have good varsity teams. 

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

Do you think the success on the subvarsity teams is because LV style of play makes for an easier transition from middle school to high school.     Or do you think its the talent?

At Tyler High, if you don't have a very good QB coming in, your probably not going to do well on subvarsity teams.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

Do you think the success on the subvarsity teams is because LV style of play makes for an easier transition from middle school to high school.     Or do you think its the talent?

Both. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

I guess based on Win/Loss records you say that, but I really wouldn't judge classes by what they do as Freshman...and probably not as sophmores either.   I know the last JT team to go to state, I believe their senior class won only a handful of games as freshman. 

However I will concede that if you have good subvarsity programs, your are likely to have good varsity teams. 

It's not just the W/L records, I look at the talent too.

Longview has good W/L records on the 9th level almost every year but, there are levels to how good each class truly are. This is where the eye test (talent level) comes into play. You have classes like the Kaden Meredith class (2020) and the Jaylin Brown class (2018) that were undefeated as freshmen. There was talent no doubt, but they lacked QBs and I believe they mainly won because system/chemistry. These are the classes that I label as "good-very good". On the other hand, you have classes like the state winning class (2019), or the current sophomores (2024), or current freshmen (2025) or the Aaron Johnson/Tyler McCray class (2010), or the 2005 and 2006 classes that checked every box. They not only won, but were ridiculously talented with either talented or terrific leaders at the QB position. These are the classes that I label "special". 

• Like 1

Finals this week:

Longview 56, Wylie East 0

Highland Park 35, Sherman 17

Mckinney North 45, West Mesquite 38

Standings:

1. Longview (5-1)(2-0)

2. Highland Park (4-1)(1-0)

3.  Tyler (3-2)(1-0)

4.  Sherman (3-3)(1-1)

5. McKinney North (2-4)(1-1)

6.  West Mesquite (2-4)(0-2)

7.  Wylie East (2-3)(0-2)

Next Week:

Longview @ Highland Park,  7:30 PM

Tyler @ West Mesquite,  7:30 PM

Mckinney North @ Wylie East,  7:30 PM

Sherman - BYE

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ANTI said:

Finals this week:

Longview 56, Wylie East 0

Highland Park 35, Sherman 17

Mckinney North 45, West Mesquite 38

Standings:

1. Longview (5-1)(2-0)

2. Highland Park (4-1)(1-0)

3.  Tyler (3-2)(1-0)

4.  Sherman (3-3)(1-1)

5. McKinney North (2-4)(1-1)

6.  West Mesquite (2-4)(0-2)

7.  Wylie East (2-3)(0-2)

Next Week:

Longview @ Highland Park,  7:30 PM

Tyler @ West Mesquite,  7:30 PM

Mckinney North @ Wylie East,  7:30 PM

Sherman - BYE

Sherman gets a much needed bye.

West Mesquite is in basically a elimination against us after a tough loss to north. Their defense will be the death of them this Friday against us. Tyler defense will also lock down their offense pretty well.

If Longview wins against HP it could set up potential tie or sole possession of district title  against tyler the last game of the season. If they lose Longview would most likely need our help when we play HP to have that chance at the district title again. Hopefully LV beats HP for east Texas. 

HP is in the drivers seat right for a #1 but that fall down hill in six days as the lobos come in looking for revenge but in probably the most hostile environment the lobos have played in awhile, can HP eek another one out, or has their lucky ceiling finally hit? Offense has been shaky and defense is suspect.

Tyler has been rolling since their 55-62 heartbreaker against rival legacy, three straight and majority in convincing fashion, tyler high Is riding by the stats the second best offense in the district by QB Eli holt whose resurrected this tyler offense that desperately needed a QB and he has been the savior. Can tyler keep it going against the wests district rated number 1 offense in terms of points scored per game? Tyler will catch a break again this as holt and lions are against the leagues second to last defense in terms of points allowed. Will that be enough for tyler propel to another convincing win? 

wylie east…. What can I say.. they just have not looked the part and the schedule doesn’t get any easier for them with tyler, HP, and reeling north team still left to play, can east dig their way back into the playoff race with crucial game against north or will they most likely be eliminated from contention again?

Mcnorth, boy what a huge win to stay alive in the playoff race. North was knocking at the door of putting their playoff hope in jeapordy, but a 322 yard rushing performance propel north to a victory and right in the mix of the playoff hunt but they can’t slip against a east team that’s gonna pull everything they can to keep from being eliminated from the playoffs. 

Longview @ Highland Park,  Friday at 7:30 PM

Longview Live Stream  -  https://www.lvgamedaylobos.com/broadcasts  |  https://www.youtube.com/c/TexarkanaGameday

HP Live Stream  -  https://www.scotsillustrated.com/broadcasts  |  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN-ktbFVsbcbhvAthIwABQ/featured

McKinney North @ Wylie East,  Friday at 7:30 PM

Live Stream  -  https://www.wylieisd.net/livebroadcasts