44 minutes ago, dagreatflyatx said:

I think im the only Wylie East supporter on the board. Just watching the offseason, their skill guys are on par with the district and the QB /WR position is a real strength. OL will be a struggle as they only bring back 2 starters from last year but defense is where they should be really improved with 7 starters back, DL James is so improved and is about 250 and 6'6 from what I seen and faster. Also have a transfer from Duncanville at DT about 6'2 285 and can move. Not saying they can win this district but 3rd is not out of sight for them. Just giving my two cents on whats going on in Wylie.Ā 

I was telling @LoboFan07Ā about y'alls Duncanville transfer while we were watching the Tyler SQT.

The Wylie East front 7 has a lot of potential, I'm not sure what DCTF is seeing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I was telling @LoboFan07Ā about y'alls Duncanville transfer while we were watching the Tyler SQT.

The Wylie East front 7 has a lot of potential, I'm not sure what DCTF is seeing.

Me either! I watched them work out a few days last week and when I say there DL is 250 across the board thatā€™s bigger then most of the districts OL. I know size donā€™t have much to do with talent but when you got 2 -3 guys in the DL that can actually play and seniors on the DB that have played 4 yrs of varsity itā€™s a good sign to ā€œsneakā€ up on some folks. I donā€™t take much stock in 7v7 but those skill guys can play especially how they move Washington from QB to WR to RB just looking for the match up for himĀ 

Most of DCTF is also based on last year. At the end of the day, they're just predictions. I'll never forget that 2005 season, where they returned almost everyone and they still predicted Lee to win the district just because they won state in '04.

They've gotten better, but is what it is. I agree that East will be improved. Anyone could get that 4th spot outside of West I feel.

15 hours ago, ANTI said:

They always base everything on last season no eye test. They simply look at the previous yearĀ change it up alittleĀ and say hereā€™s a new magazine lol. No base behind anything. And then thru season then they are so surprised about what happens when some of theirĀ rankings donā€™t fall in place.Ā 

3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Most of DCTF is also based on last year. At the end of the day, they're just predictions. I'll never forget that 2005 season, where they returned almost everyone and they still predicted Lee to win the district just because they won state in '04.

They've gotten better, but is what it is. I agree that East will be improved. Anyone could get that 4th spot outside of West I feel.

Exactly like there no substance to their rankings at all. They literally almost took last last years district standings and slapped it on the paper andĀ said here you go. LolĀ 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Exactly like there no substance to their rankings at all. They literally almost took last last years district standings and slapped it on the paper andĀ said here you go. LolĀ 

I just looked at the magazine last night and its very lazy saying Denton Ryan is the #1 team in 5A. But I get it, gotta sell magazines. Im excited to see all these teams play.Ā 

1 minute ago, dagreatflyatx said:

I just looked at the magazine last night and its very lazy saying Denton Ryan is the #1 team in 5A. But I get it, gotta sell magazines. Im excited to see all these teams play.Ā 

Been like that for years. I canā€™t evenĀ remember the last time any of there rankings let alone district rankingsĀ were close to a 100 percent right. But yea like you said they gotta sell magazines and they donā€™t like to say it but DFW is there biggest market for money so they gotta put those teams in there and pick themĀ even though sometimes they arenā€™t as good as some other teams that are worthy.Ā 

Longview 2023 WR Jalen Hale now has 31 offers, latest from Ole Miss.

Monster one handed TD catch over the middle last night during 7v7 league play.

He's visiting Baylor and LSU this week.

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Meanwhile, Highland Park 2022 K/P Jack Stone just committed to Michigan State.

Stone (6'0 185) is one of the most dangerous kickers in the country. Very strong leg.

Hes not the same guy who played against us is he?

West Mesquite 2021 Schedule

8/13 - vs Carrolton Creekview (scrimmage),Ā  time tbd

8/19 - vs Irving MacArthur (scrimmage),Ā  time tbd

Week 1Ā  8/27Ā - vs Waco HighĀ (Mesquite Memorial Stadium), 7:30Ā PM

Week 2Ā  9/3 - vs Mesquite PoteetĀ (Mesquite Memorial Stadium), 7Ā PM

Week 3Ā  9/10 - vsĀ Chisholm Trail (Mesquite Memorial Stadium), 7:30 PM

Week 4Ā  9/17 - @Ā Keller Timber Creek, 7:30 PM

Week 5Ā  9/23Ā - vs Longview (Mesquite Memorial Stadium), 7 PM

Week 6Ā  9/30Ā - @Ā McKinney North, 7Ā PM

Week 7Ā  10/8Ā - vsĀ Tyler (Hanby Stadium), 7:30Ā PMĀ 

Week 8Ā  OPEN

Week 9Ā  10/21 - @ Wylie East, 7 PM

Week 10Ā  10/29Ā - vs Highland Park (Mesquite Memorial Stadium), 7:30 PM

Week 11Ā  11/5 - @Ā Sherman, 7:30Ā PM

24 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Youngest, class wise at least, Lobo to ever receive an offer. Pretty remarkable.

Youngest RB, 2nd youngest overall. Jalen Hale is the youngest overall player....beat out Tatum by 2 months lol

Haynes King the 3rd youngest overall.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/20/2021 at 8:17 AM, ANTI said:

Ā 

They're high on Sherman, while I'm high on Wylie East but those are close to call. Sherman has grown on me a bit this offseason tbh.

This is why Sherman has grown on me a bit this offseason, they lost Bethal at the QB position but 2023 QB Pheonix Grant is every bit of an upgrade if you can believe that. A coaches son who is up to 6'2 185 now.

Ā 

Continuing on Sherman, their '23 class isn't bad and thereĀ are key players in the senior group. Several skill position players have come back to football such as '23 6'2 WR Vontrelle Sanders. His "little" brother is 2025 WR Vonte Sanders who is one of the top 2025 WRs in TX. Already stands at 6'4. Sherman will have a solid freshman group this fall.