2.  Longview (2-1)(0-0)

3.  Sherman (2-1)(0-0)

4. West Mesquite (2-1)(0-0)

5. Wylie East (2-1)(0-0)

6. McKinney North (1-2)(0-0)

7. Tyler (1-2)(0-0)

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Is west Mesquite record questionable?

I mean, either way, they're much improved from last season when they finished 1-9.

They could easily be 3-0 if not for a blocked punt late in the 4th quarter that led directly to points for Poteet.

I did see they were losing at halftime to Chisholm Trail, but clearly they opened things up and got them going.

They're not a team you can just expect to walk over this year.

Top to bottom, its going to be very competitive from what I am seeing. I watched Wylie East yesterday. They started slow and very complacent. Gave up a lot of yds in the first half but buckle down and hold Royse City scoreless in the second half(kickoff return for touchdown). Look forward to district play 

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

I mean, either way, they're much improved from last season when they finished 1-9.

They could easily be 3-0 if not for a blocked punt late in the 4th quarter that led directly to points for Poteet.

I did see they were losing at halftime to Chisholm Trail, but clearly they opened things up and got them going.

They're not a team you can just expect to walk over this year.

But if you consider the opponents they played, is that really saying much?

12 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

But if you consider the opponents they played, is that really saying much?

I mean, y'all's only win is over a bad Nacogdoches team lol

The whole district is much more competitive than last season.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I mean, y'all's only win is over a bad Nacogdoches team lol

The whole district is much more competitive than last season.

When did I ever say we gotten better because of the nac win?? All that was is confidence booster, it didn’t make us better. I feel the same way towards the of district outside of HP and y’all. All the rest of the teams have had fluke wins, the district looks about the same as last year, probably alittle worse since HP and LV are not as strong as last year. 

28 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

When did I ever say we gotten better because of the nac win?? All that was is confidence booster, it didn’t make us better. I feel the same way towards the of district outside of HP and y’all. All the rest of the teams have had fluke wins, the district looks about the same as last year, probably alittle worse since HP and LV are not as strong as last year. 

I think it's hard to say this district isn't as good as last year, with most of the teams facing the same teams as they did last year....yet everyone in the district 1) has a win and 2) 5 of the 7 are above .500.

Are there a ton of state contenders in the district? Obviously not.

Wylie East, West Mesquite are considerably improved from last year. It's evident right away just in their results.

Tyler High is obviously improved.

Sherman, I still don't know. Saginaw is an awful team, and they required a hail mary to beat Mount Pleasant. And Denison absolutely wrecked them (again) in the opening week. They've got a good quarterback, and that can win them some games for sure. Especially in this district.

McKinney North is probably the only team that looks to be about the same. They're all offense, and no defense. Once they come up against a team that can stop them, they're out of a luck and crumble.

Longview has the potential to be a much better team than last year, if they go with the right guys on offense. But like it was said last night in the Legacy game thread, at one point last night we were putting out 9 sophomores between the 22 guys on offense and defense. We're just incredibly young, but with the right QB and time, I think we're a much more solid team than last season. Defensively we're about the same, with a much higher ceiling with how young they are.

Highland Park, I just can't figure out. They can't seem to get above 30 points. That Coppell team last night was not good, and while they were up 21-0 at halftime, they seemed to not get anything going in the second. Still, it's HP. They'll find a way to compete. They're next big test is this week against Rockwall.

34 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I think it's hard to say this district isn't as good as last year, with most of the teams facing the same teams as they did last year....yet everyone in the district 1) has a win and 2) 5 of the 7 are above .500.

Are there a ton of state contenders in the district? Obviously not.

Wylie East, West Mesquite are considerably improved from last year. It's evident right away just in their results.

Tyler High is obviously improved.

Sherman, I still don't know. Saginaw is an awful team, and they required a hail mary to beat Mount Pleasant. And Denison absolutely wrecked them (again) in the opening week. They've got a good quarterback, and that can win them some games for sure. Especially in this district.

McKinney North is probably the only team that looks to be about the same. They're all offense, and no defense. Once they come up against a team that can stop them, they're out of a luck and crumble.

Longview has the potential to be a much better team than last year, if they go with the right guys on offense. But like it was said last night in the Legacy game thread, at one point last night we were putting out 9 sophomores between the 22 guys on offense and defense. We're just incredibly young, but with the right QB and time, I think we're a much more solid team than last season. Defensively we're about the same, with a much higher ceiling with how young they are.

Highland Park, I just can't figure out. They can't seem to get above 30 points. That Coppell team last night was not good, and while they were up 21-0 at halftime, they seemed to not get anything going in the second. Still, it's HP. They'll find a way to compete. They're next big test is this week against Rockwall.

I even noticed when HP even played Southlake, the offense just seemed very vanilla and no explosiveness. This doesn’t look like the old HP of past, maybe talent is slowly starting run dry for alittle? I think LV will beat HP in HP. Also I think rockwall is gonna beat them pretty good like Southlake did

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LOL said:

Thinking of growing metro schools, realignment, zoning, and etc: 

That is a bit surprising. I believe they were predicting at least Ellison to drop, at the very least.

@ANTI have you seen anything related to Ryan or even HP's enrollment recently? I asked my trainer friend about North Mesq, with that new HS opening over there, and he wasn't convinced they would drop (and said it wouldn't help them regardless).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

That is a bit surprising. I believe they were predicting at least Ellison to drop, at the very least.

@ANTI have you seen anything related to Ryan or even HP's enrollment recently? I asked my trainer friend about North Mesq, with that new HS opening over there, and he wasn't convinced they would drop (and said it wouldn't help them regardless).

I'd be shocked if Ryan or HP moved up.

Braswell sort of slowed down growth at Ryan for the time being...and HP....well.....you know how that goes.

Looking at the TEA site, Longview,, Ryan and HP all had similar enrollments Fall 2020.

• Like 1

Just now, RogerDorn said:

How does west look?

So far, it's been all West. TC has no offense, and their defense can't stop a thing.

They're definitely much improved from last season. Could easily see them finish 3rd or 4th in this district to be honest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

So far, it's been all West. TC has no offense, and their defense can't stop a thing.

They're definitely much improved from last season. Could easily see them finish 3rd or 4th in this district to be honest.

anxious to see how they finish. Had a friend tell me they looked a lot better after watching them play Poteet. This district as whole looks a lot more competitive.