1. Highland Park

2. Tyler

3. Longview

4. McKinney North

5. Sherman

6. West Mesquite

7. Wylie East

Lets have a good Friday fellas!! 

Remember the list is fluid and can change every week!!

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

lol a couple wins over some bad, bad teams got y'all feeling pretty good over there, eh?

He doesn’t speak for everyone. Only his self another poster. If Longview does lose that’s what the standings will look like, but only until we play HP.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

lol a couple wins over some bad, bad teams got y'all feeling pretty good over there, eh?

Naw lol. I project that LV will lose to HP so you can’t stay at two if you lose lol. I would hold tyler to same thing. But yes I would move tyler ahead cause I would project them to win and they would still be undefeated in district, but REMEMBER the list is fluid just because y’all would be projected at three doesn’t mean next week after y’all would be, this is a projected what I THINK will happen for this week only. Too make you happy if Longview wins this would be my projected rankings for you lol. 

1. Longview 

2. Highland Park

3. Tyler 

4. North

5. West

6. Sherman 

7. East

Now if HP gets blowed out by LV they would move to 3. Cause you just can’t get blowed out and think you only move down one spot same goes for LV if y’all get blowed out you move to three cause y’all are still better than the other teams. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Naw lol. I project that LV will lose to HP so you can’t stay at two if you lose lol. I would hold tyler to same thing. But yes I would move tyler ahead cause I would project them to win and they would still be undefeated in district, but REMEMBER the list is fluid just because y’all would be projected at three doesn’t mean next week after y’all would be, this is a projected what I THINK will happen for this week only. Too make you happy if Longview wins this would be my projected rankings for you lol. 

1. Longview 

2. Highland Park

3. Tyler 

4. North

5. West

6. Sherman 

7. East

Now if HP gets blowed out by LV they would move to 3. Cause you just can’t get blowed out and think you only move down one spot same goes for LV if y’all get blowed out you move to three cause y’all are still better than the other teams. 

How did Sherman get moved down to 6th because you and LoboFan are having a dispute? :)

• LOL! 1

13 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

1. Longview 

2. Highland Park

3. Tyler 

4. North

5. West

6. Sherman 

7. East

Just playin with ya man. You're all good.

Subvarsity scores this week:

JV

Highland Park beat Longview,  42-13

West Mesquite beat Tyler,  40-20

Wylie East beat McKinney North,  24-12

9th

Longview beat Highland Park,  28-14

Tyler beat West Mesquite,  37-22

McKinney North beat Wylie East,  40-0

Standings :

JV

1. Highland Park (4-1)(1-0)

2. Longview (5-1)(2-1)

3.  Wylie East (4-3)(2-1)

4. McKinney North (3-3)(2-1)

5. West Mesquite (3-4)(1-2)

6. Sherman (0-4)(0-1)

7. Tyler (0-6)(0-2)

9th

1. Longview (6-0)(3-0)

2. Tyler (4-2)(2-0)

3. McKinney North (3-3)(2-1)

4.  Wylie East (4-2-1)(1-2)

5. Highland Park (4-1)(0-1)

6. Sherman (1-4)(0-1)

7.  West Mesquite (1-6)(0-3)

6 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Subvarsity scores this week:

JV

Highland Park beat Longview,  42-13

West Mesquite beat Tyler,  40-20

Wylie East beat McKinney North,  24-12

9th

Longview beat Highland Park,  28-14

Tyler beat West Mesquite,  37-22

McKinney North beat Wylie East,  40-0

Standings :

JV

1. Highland Park (4-1)(1-0)

2. Longview (5-1)(2-1)

3.  Wylie East (4-3)(2-1)

4. McKinney North (3-3)(2-1)

5. West Mesquite (3-4)(1-2)

6. Sherman (0-4)(0-1)

7. Tyler (0-6)(0-2)

9th

1. Longview (6-0)(3-0)

2. Tyler (4-2)(2-0)

3. McKinney North (3-3)(2-1)

4.  Wylie East (4-2-1)(1-2)

5. Highland Park (4-1)(0-1)

6. Sherman (1-4)(0-1)

7.  West Mesquite (1-6)(0-3)

man big turn around for HP, I know last yr, LV smoked them as Freshman.

47 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

man big turn around for HP, I know last yr, LV smoked them as Freshman.

Well, one thing is there are now 18 sophomores on varsity for Longview. Now, there's been double digit sophomores on varsity all year but the JV still dominated because sophomore QB Tutt was still on JV. Well, Tutt was elevated to varsity at the beginning of district play. The passing game took a huge hit when he was elevated, but they were still winning despite. Last I saw, HP only has one sophomore on varsity. Longview still has the far better sophomore class.

Not really shocked at the outcome but the margin was a little shocking. 

Very solid win for the Longview freshmen on the road who were without future D1 back Kelvin Washington. That is a very good HP class, who even beat SLC Week 1. Longview 9th and 10th gives Longview back to back special (not just good) classes. Remember, they beat a solid Denton Ryan freshmen team Week 1 as well. 

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

Well, one thing is there are now 18 sophomores on varsity for Longview. Now, there's been double digit sophomores on varsity all year but the JV still dominated because sophomore QB Tutt was still on JV. Well, Tutt was elevated to varsity at the beginning of district play. The passing game took a huge hit when he was elevated, but they were still winning despite. Last I saw, HP only has one sophomore on varsity. Longview still has the far better sophomore class.

Not really shocked at the outcome but the margin was a little shocking. 

Very solid win for the Longview freshmen on the road who were without future D1 back Kelvin Washington. That is a very good HP class, who even beat SLC Week 1. Longview 9th and 10th gives Longview back to back special (not just good) classes. Remember, they beat a solid Denton Ryan freshmen team Week 1 as well. 

no doubt. It was the margin for me too. But like you said, the best of the soph class in on Varsity. 

That's alot of soph on varsity. Wow. Tyler has alot too, I think its around 12 or so. 

5 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

no doubt. It was the margin for me too. But like you said, the best of the soph class in on Varsity. 

That's alot of soph on varsity. Wow. Tyler has alot too, I think its around 12 or so. 

It's the most sophomores on varsity that I can remember. I believe that King himself said that this is the most sophomores that he's had on varsity.

Some of it has to do with the fact that this is the smallest SR class for Longview since 2008.

To put it into perspective of just how young Longview is this year, between starters and rotators, there is an underclassmen registering stats at every single position on the field.

D1 SR LB Devean Isaac is the only senior that somewhat plays full time but even at his position, a JR sees quality time.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Pretty decent class. Hope they can keep most of these guys in the program. 

Which is better, the 9th or 10th group? This makes back to back to back years that Tyler has had better groups than Legacy, right?

I know for me...that's a hard one to answer regarding Longview. They're both special. I'd probably give the edge to 10th because they're a little deeper but 9th has more size and physicality. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Which is better, the 9th or 10th group? This makes back to back to back years that Tyler has had better groups than Legacy, right?

I know for me...that's a hard one to answer regarding Longview. They're both special. I'd probably give the edge to 10th because they're a little deeper but 9th has more size and physicality. 

About even. This 9th grade class got the better oline and d line players. Legacy better enjoy what they have this season, because the next 2 to 3 years are going to be TOUGH FOR THEM PERIOD! Tyler high definitely got some solid kids coming up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

does #10 .. think #9/8 start? Both threw some really good passes when they scrimmage at Texas high. both teams played pretty good for what it was prob 30 plays on offense apiece. longview had two lb’s that stood out . both big and could run

10 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

does #10 .. think #9/8 start? Both threw some really good passes when they scrimmage at Texas high. both teams played pretty good for what it was prob 30 plays on offense apiece. longview had two lb’s that stood out . both big and could run

10 is the best QB, but hasn't played since the Bryant game because of a foot injury.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ANTI said:

8 hours ago, CUJONATION83 said:

About even. This 9th grade class got the better oline and d line players. Legacy better enjoy what they have this season, because the next 2 to 3 years are going to be TOUGH FOR THEM PERIOD! Tyler high definitely got some solid kids coming up. 

I agree with everything CujoNation.  said. 

To be honest, the past three 9th grade groups at Tyler high have been better than Legacy

Finals this week:

Highland Park 21, Longview 16

McKinney North 28, Wylie East 21

Tyler 31, West Mesquite 18

Standings:

1. Highland Park (5-1)(2-0)

2. Tyler (4-2)(2-0)

3.  Longview (5-2)(2-1)

4.  McKinney North (3-4)(2-1)

5.  Sherman (3-3)(1-1)

6.  West Mesquite (2-5)(0-3)

7.  Wylie East (2-4)(0-3)