Favorite Offenses?

BEARDEDGOAT

The one that scores more points than the opposing team!!!! But in all seriousness all offenses work just do your kids buy in and believe in it. At Cooper we thrive off from smash mouth running style offenses the spread hasn't worked here before. Not saying it won't with level of athletes we have coming up in the lower grades but so fare not our cup of tea.

2 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

The one that scores more points than the opposing team!!!! But in all seriousness all offenses work just do your kids buy in and believe in it. At Cooper we thrive off from smash mouth running style offenses the spread hasn't worked here before. Not saying it won't with level of athletes we have coming up in the lower grades but so fare not our cup of tea.

SO, what do yall run?

I like  the Gun T RPO- like Pleasant grove, the Pistol triple option Like nevada ran ( henderson 2010-2011) , and that Liberty Hill offense this last year with the slot T that was Awesome to watch.  

Scott Surratt’s offense is awesome to watch. For people that don’t see Carthage play, they assume it’s just a typical spread offense. They couldn’t be more wrong. A multiple pro-style offense is an awesome thing to watch when it’s executed at a high level. Carthage can basically do anything they want on the offensive side of the ball. Line up under center with 2 TE and a FB and the very next play have 5 WR with the QB in the shotgun.

I think my overall favorite scheme in the Carthage offense is the different variations of 12 personnel (2 TE and 1 RB). You can do so much in this offense (max protect, run vertical routes down the field or pound the rock). If I was going to run an offense I would find 2 TE and that would be my base offense. Similar to the Baltimore Ravens offense. 12 personnel with QB and RB in pistol formation. The Baltimore Ravens with Lamar Jackson use a ton of 2 TE formations. They are probably my favorite NFL offense to watch at the moment.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Scott Surratt’s offense is awesome to watch. For people that don’t see Carthage play, they assume it’s just a typical spread offense. They couldn’t be more wrong. A multiple pro-style offense is an awesome thing to watch when it’s executed at a high level. Carthage can basically do anything they want on the offensive side of the ball. Line up under center with 2 TE and a FB and the very next play have 5 WR with the QB in the shotgun.

I think my overall favorite scheme in the Carthage offense is the different variations of 12 personnel (2 TE and 1 RB). You can do so much in this offense (max protect, run vertical routes down the field or pound the rock). If I was going to run an offense I would find 2 TE and that would be my base offense. Similar to the Baltimore Ravens offense. 12 personnel with QB and RB in pistol formation. The Baltimore Ravens with Lamar Jackson use a ton of 2 TE formations. They are probably my favorite NFL offense to watch at the moment.

So you're saying that your favorite offense is the one with the best players? Got it.

1 minute ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I agree with everything you said. It is the perfect combination of power and finesse, running and passing, old school and new school.

It also helps to have the different types of athletes necessary to run it. Most people don't have multiple quality TE's and multiple quality Receivers. 

4 minutes ago, DeKlabBeers said:

So you're saying that your favorite offense is the one with the best players? Got it.

I don’t understand? I said my favorite offense is a pro-style multiple set. And in that offense my favorite formation is 12 personnel (2 TE, 2 WR, and 1 RB) with QB and RB in the pistol. I didn’t say anything about the best players. 

13 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I agree with everything you said. It is the perfect combination of power and finesse, running and passing, old school and new school.

It also helps to have the different types of athletes necessary to run it. Most people don't have multiple quality TE's and multiple quality Receivers. 

I can agree with this. Especially when talking about TE at the HS level. Carthage always finds a good one because that is a staple in their offense. Usually the 2nd TE is a defensive player. Most of the time a defensive end, but has also been a LB in the past too. You will have to get creative to find the players to do it at the lower HS levels.

44 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I can agree with this. Especially when talking about TE at the HS level. Carthage always finds a good one because that is a staple in their offense. Usually the 2nd TE is a defensive player. Most of the time a defensive end, but has also been a LB in the past too. You will have to get creative to find the players to do it at the lower HS levels.

Not to mention the time needed to be good at both, let alone excellent. Small school football is just so different than what you see at places like Carthage and schools with 5A or 6A numbers. When you can spend the majority of your practice time on one side of the ball, the level of expertise, multiplicity and diverseness is so obvious.

2 hours ago, BEARDEDGOAT said:

Everybody has their favorite offense in football.  What is yours and why? 

I'm not saying it's the "best" offense for everyone, but I love the ol' Pro-I offense.

iform

For me, the I offers the best versatility for running inside with either the FB or the HB as well as outside (25/26 counter and 27/28 sweep). The passing plays (70 series & 90 series) offer excellent mid-range and deep routes, and there's lotsa play-action rollouts off of the 25/26 counters. Want to mix up your sets? No prob! You've got Twins, Trips, and double-TEs. Hell, you can even swap out your Flanker for another RB and go with a Power-I look! 

Whether you run triple-option or play-action passing schemes, the Pro-I can accommodate your system. It's also ridiculously easy to teach. 

Again...  I ain't saying it's the best, but it's definitely my favorite.