Crockett

Crow2254

11 minutes ago, Propotential said:

How do you know if you have the right guy? Spend more time with the candidates and really understand their philosophies, instead of looking at a piece of paper that has words that are just that!

That and call references and actually have a conversation about topics that matter. Call former people that worked with or for him or he worked for. See how he has interacted in the past with kids in different situations. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Propotential said:

How do you know if you have the right guy? Spend more time with the candidates and really understand their philosophies, instead of looking at a piece of paper that has words that are just that!

But you know it never works that way.  A friend of a friend or someone who is known to whoever is hiring gets the job.

The other thing is people won't do that kind of homework.  They just Google or do a social media search and if there's no red flags the person typically gets.  Hiring committees aren't really committees.  You either have the school board in charge and they're split or you have the supt in charge and the committee is just a one man show with him/her.

8 minutes ago, nationalpastime said:

But you know it never works that way.  A friend of a friend or someone who is known to whoever is hiring gets the job.

The other thing is people won't do that kind of homework.  They just Google or do a social media search and if there's no red flags the person typically gets.  Hiring committees aren't really committees.  You either have the school board in charge and they're split or you have the supt in charge and the committee is just a one man show with him/her.

Well said. 

Guest Tiger03lb
17 hours ago, maxjean said:

how u doin tiger...🥂

15 hours ago, maxjean said:

Tiger u there......

Doing fine. How's that search going? Saw that the isd is asking for opinions on the next AD/HC. You guys getting close?

22 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Supt has made at least some calls to some candidates....I know a Houston area coordinator and an assistant at a DFW powerhouse have been called...both have ties in previous stops to the supt

I was wondering if anyone from his last stop would get a call...

On 2/12/2021 at 4:57 PM, Stickstick said:

18 interviews for a job that was posted for 10 days? Strange 

whoever gets this program will have alot of tools in the chest for several years as well as a bunch of move in from last year that were deemed not eligible last year for various reasons.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, maxjean said:

whoever gets this program will have alot of tools in the chest for several years as well as a bunch of move in from last year that were deemed not eligible last year for various reasons.

Seems like I've heard that before...oh yea, that's because you post the same stuff every time there' a coaching change or the beginning of each year...then when they don't win as much as you think they should you always blame the coaches, referees, the stars not aligning or a million other reasons...except the obvious one...the talent is not there or the discipline isn't there to be a top tier team. The only "tools" are the ones that are in the stands!!!

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, blesseddaily said:

Seems like I've heard that before...oh yea, that's because you post the same stuff every time there' a coaching change or the beginning of each year...then when they don't win as much as you think they should you always blame the coaches, referees, the stars not aligning or a million other reasons...except the obvious one...the talent is not there or the discipline isn't there to be a top tier team. The only "tools" are the ones that are in the stands!!!

Crockett has talent, it's just discipline. The school board, along with the sup. will have to get behind whomever they choose. Cause the town wants results but someone is gonna have to be real with them at some point. 

Guest Tiger03lb
38 minutes ago, dogs3505 said:

I have a buddy who lives there that says they greatly under performed their potential the last few years.  Any truth to that?

I don't know about last season, I wasn't able to make the scrimmage. We scrimmage them but it ended calling it short. The 19' season they had some talent, the time that I saw them play Diboll they were into the game until the 3rd, they abandoned the run and just started passing. Imo, they just need someone to bring it all together. 

1 hour ago, dogs3505 said:

I have a buddy who lives there that says they greatly under performed their potential the last few years.  Any truth to that?

I have seen them several times throughout the years and they seem to always be one of the most talented teams in 3a but always struggle against well coached teams. Talent is there

• Thanks 1