Power House BROCK is open

BEARDEDGOAT

2 minutes ago, BEARDEDGOAT said:

Brock is open. They have had a ton of success of late. Do you think they stay in house since they've been so good or open it up? If they do open it up they will get some BIG names. 

They will more than likely stay in house.

This is NOT an AD job. Tough to get BIG names without the AD role and money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CDubya936 said:

I bet more are interested than we think. Winning and having the chance to always be competitive is a huge draw. 

Not being rude, so don't take this as an attack.

How many HFC do know well?

The ones I know have huge ego's. 

Not sure many HFC's that want to take direction from a former Head Baseball Coach who has never coached football.

Brock has a great Athletic Program and has success in every sport. But, it takes a special personality to work within this environment.

Probably get every 5-6A up and coming coordinator application. Great place to stay and have success to get your experience, then work to your AD/ HFC role. But at a lot of school are moving to the AD only role. Some big 4A have them and 5A-6A its common place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, playactionpass39 said:

Not being rude, so don't take this as an attack.

How many HFC do know well?

The ones I know have huge ego's. 

Not sure many HFC's that want to take direction from a former Head Baseball Coach who has never coached football.

Brock has a great Athletic Program and has success in every sport. But, it takes a special personality to work within this environment.

Oh no offense taken. 

Well, I have worked for HFC that are not the AD. I have worked for HFC/AD in the past. I can see it going both ways. Will not say whether or not I am currently coaching (or where I have been), but I am about as familiar with how this goes as a smoaky user can possibly be. I have been in this game for a while. The district I worked in with a non football AD and the hfc had no issues at all. 

I can certainly see where you are coming from though. I just think that a history of winning will be more appealing than absolute power to some people. Also, Brock is an A+ school district and community. Has tons of appeal. 

19 minutes ago, CDubya936 said:

Oh no offense taken. 

Well, I have worked for HFC that are not the AD. I have worked for HFC/AD in the past. I can see it going both ways. Will not say whether or not I am currently coaching (or where I have been), but I am about as familiar with how this goes as a smoaky user can possibly be. I have been in this game for a while. The district I worked in with a non football AD and the hfc had no issues at all. 

I can certainly see where you are coming from though. I just think that a history of winning will be more appealing than absolute power to some people. Also, Brock is an A+ school district and community. Has tons of appeal. 

I agree with everything you said.

Brock is a great job. Great District. Great kids. Great community. Great opportunity to win it all.

BUT, the BIG names are not flocking to a position where they are not the BOSS.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I agree with everything you said.

Brock is a great job. Great District. Great kids. Great community. Great opportunity to win it all.

BUT, the BIG names are not flocking to a position where they are not the BOSS.

I do agree with that. No big kahunas will put in for this, but a great opportunity for a big coordinator to get a HFC job. 

I too, have been around the block in coaching. 35 years with all but 4 years being in 5-6A. They’re a lot of successful coaches on that level that aren’t AD’s nor AC’s. A lot more than you think don’t want the pains of being the AD or AC for not very much more money. A lot of HFC’s just want to coach ball and not deal with all the other BS. More than you would think. IMO

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

If this job goes outside of the current staff with the supt's ties to Allen could see someone from that coaching tree involved 

Possibly.. Woodard is from a football family been there a while. Was on staff at henderson when they won it, ( Ricky, JB, Barker,Brown, (HIghlander was on staff before the run), Strickland All became head coaches. Maybe the next one. May not have coordinator experience but has been at allen a while. 

5 hours ago, BEARDEDGOAT said:

Brock is open. They have had a ton of success of late. Do you think they stay in house since they've been so good or open it up? If they do open it up they will get some BIG names. 

Powerhouse? Brock is a basketball school. Always has been, always will be. 

5 hours ago, Slickarick said:

Possibly.. Woodard is from a football family been there a while. Was on staff at henderson when they won it, ( Ricky, JB, Barker,Brown, (HIghlander was on staff before the run), Strickland All became head coaches. Maybe the next one. May not have coordinator experience but has been at allen a while. 

How many of those won elsewhere.?

In house, I was looking at the assistant coaches last year at Brock, and Keith Wood was the AD/HFC at Hico for several years.  He turned that program round .  When he left that program fell apart.  Might be a name to watch on that group if he is even interested.  

Brock has success is pretty much all boys/girls sports.  They must be doing something right in terms of wanting an overall successful athletic program.  I doubt they are concerned with how everyone else does it.  In fact, I would think other small schools would like to follow the Brock model.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

power house there too!

Heard Eric Taylor was sighted in Brock today. Coach Mac will be the OC and Smash is going to be running backs coach. Riggins will come to the games but he was too busy building his house. Texas Forever. 

• Like 1