Stafford To Rams, Goff and Picks To Lions

22 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Is Stafford really that much better than Goff to warrant giving away two 1sts and a 3rd as well as a younger QB? 

Bad QB with a bad contract. Rams had to pay to get someone to take Goff off their hands. Rams are all in on winning now. Their last 1st round pick was Goff in 2016. They won’t have one until 2024. 8 years with no 1st round picks. The Lions are starting another rebuild. 5 1st rounders over 3 years. Dan Campbell has a 6 year deal to oversee it. 

• Like 1

I never knew this topic was posted until today.  I heard the news Sunday, and I think it's great for the Lions and terrible for the Rams.  While Goff's stats did fall off last year his numbers are comparable to Stafford's.   Stafford has only made it to one Pro Bowl in 12 seasons and Goff has been to two in his first 5.  Then to give two first rounders up is insane.  They're only saving $5 million this year and $6 the next with Stafford.  I would have stuck with Goff, and if they don't like him draft a quarterback or sign a free agent for competition.  

• Like 2