• Harmony
    • Quitman
    • Troup
    • Grand Saline
    • West Rusk
    • Arp
    • Winona

12 hours ago, Wild74 said:

The year Waskom played Franklin in the state championship game EF & Waskom was in region 2. The very next realignment both went to region 3 and have stayed there. Franklin seems to have been in region 4 all those years

Yeah I don’t ever remember Franklin being in our region 

20 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

But i do agree that the champion will be either Franklin or someone out of region 3

Franklin will be there no doubt. Waskom, WR, EF, and Franklin will be the best 4 teams on the right side of the bracket. 

3 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

Franklin will be there no doubt. Waskom, WR, EF, and Franklin will be the best 4 teams on the right side of the bracket. 

Newton should be back stronger this yr in my opinion. 

20 hours ago, Wild74 said:

The year Waskom played Franklin in the state championship game EF & Waskom was in region 2. The very next realignment both went to region 3 and have stayed there. Franklin seems to have been in region 4 all those years

Franklin was in region 3 in 15... Franklin moved up to 3ad1 for the next 4 years with Rockdale Yoe Grandview in Region 3... This is the first time Franklin has been a region 4 team ever I believe

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
33 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

They got a stud at RB. Verbally committed to USC right now. 

USC got a full backfield with Ingram and the other Newton back transferring. 

Not sure what to expect from winona this year, but I trust the coaches to get full potential out of our kids no matter the outcome.... hopefully we're competitive, just ready for some Friday night lights

9 hours ago, JETT said:

Not sure what to expect from winona this year, but I trust the coaches to get full potential out of our kids no matter the outcome.... hopefully we're competitive, just ready for some Friday night lights

You guys won’t stay down long. Never do. 

1 minute ago, Tiger1995 said:

You guys won’t stay down long. Never do. 

We'll beat arp no doubt you can count on that, next year and the 2 seasons after we have a good group of kids who should be very competitive and go some rounds deep in the playoffs if all goes well, they've been playing together since winona started a lil league football team and they won championships a few times... that group has some studs, this will be there freshmen year and I expect a couple to be on varsity this year... 1 to watch out for, young man's name is la'bryson kids a stud he'll be freshmen this year and I expect him to be on varsity.... maybe not but he should 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JETT said:

We'll beat arp no doubt you can count on that, next year and the 2 seasons after we have a good group of kids who should be very competitive and go some rounds deep in the playoffs if all goes well, they've been playing together since winona started a lil league football team and they won championships a few times... that group has some studs, this will be there freshmen year and I expect a couple to be on varsity this year... 1 to watch out for, young man's name is la'bryson kids a stud he'll be freshmen this year and I expect him to be on varsity.... maybe not but he should 

Dont assume anything on Arp. All those Sophomores from last year will be jrs with a very good under class coming up. They should be alot better. 

11 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

Dont assume anything on Arp. All those Sophomores from last year will be jrs with a very good under class coming up. They should be alot better. 

I hear ya, hopefully we get back close as we can to normality this year on Friday night lights, last year was hell with having only a couple days during the week to go up to school and purchase tickets etc.... I miss going to the gates or just choosing a game we would like to attend without all the extra.... here's to praying for a normal season 🙏

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JETT said:

I hear ya, hopefully we get back close as we can to normality this year on Friday night lights, last year was hell with having only a couple days during the week to go up to school and purchase tickets etc.... I miss going to the gates or just choosing a game we would like to attend without all the extra.... here's to praying for a normal season 🙏

Yessir. Last year we moved our entire season to the spring. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

So what’s your guys studs coming in this year! Who are the MEN of the district to watch. Your team or others in the district. 

West Rusk is the team to watch in this district... Kids been playin since freshman at the varsity level and are now juniors

3 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

West Rusk is the team to watch in this district... Kids been playin since freshman at the varsity level and are now juniors

I agree. Those kids have some experience and they are a talented bunch. I was expecting this year and next to be good for the Raiders. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I agree. Those kids have some experience and they are a talented bunch. I was expecting this year and next to be good for the Raiders. 

With Waskom,EF, Daingerfield and WR in this region its gonna be tough sledding. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Timboslice79 said:

With Waskom,EF, Daingerfield and WR in this region its gonna be tough sledding. 

Pretty salty region for sure. Don’t forget about Newton. 

• Like 1