Top Teams in area (4A)

Slickarick

11 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

In East Tx / Metroplex area in 4a has to be Kilgore and Palestine.

The only teams they could struggle to will be those El Paso teams they are always strong

Yea, Kilgore lost to Paris in a tournament but it was early and Palestine lost to Kilgore already. and Palestine being in a weaker district i don't know if it hurts more than helps. We will see when the playoffs come. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 12:55 PM, Slickarick said:

Yea, Kilgore lost to Paris in a tournament but it was early and Palestine lost to Kilgore already. and Palestine being in a weaker district i don't know if it hurts more than helps. We will see when the playoffs come. 

I thought we were on a deep run this year (Mineral Wells [we were ranked as high as #7]), but we lost to a good Stephenville team (who we beat the first time), then turned around and lost to a horrible Graham team from playing selfish soccer vs a 9 man defensive pack in the box every time we made a run...

I believe we still may make a run at it, and I would love to see some ETX fans in the state tourney if we happen to make it that far.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 8:49 AM, Slickarick said:

Got some chances for ETX team to be there with Palestine, Paris, Lindale and Kilgore all in the top 12.

Palestine and Kilgore always have to play one another round 3. That's too early for one of the top teams to go home. 

On 3/27/2021 at 6:31 PM, WhoamI97539 said:

Palestine and Kilgore always have to play one another round 3. That's too early for one of the top teams to go home. 

True..the region is killer. Then that winner will play. Terrell or Community, both tough teams. Then probably have to play Boerne, Fredericksburg, or PLC. super tough regional championship. craziness, 

On 3/22/2021 at 5:20 PM, MavGrad99 said:

I thought we were on a deep run this year (Mineral Wells [we were ranked as high as #7]), but we lost to a good Stephenville team (who we beat the first time), then turned around and lost to a horrible Graham team from playing selfish soccer vs a 9 man defensive pack in the box every time we made a run...

I believe we still may make a run at it, and I would love to see some ETX fans in the state tourney if we happen to make it that far.

Kilgore losses in pk to Pittsburgh. Palestine va Pit and community vs terrell. Winners play in regional tournament. 

5 hours ago, Slickarick said:

Kilgore losses in pk to Pittsburgh. Palestine va Pit and community vs terrell. Winners play in regional tournament. 

We (Mineral Wells) won 2-0.  Play Borger Friday in Lubbock.  

• Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 1:29 AM, WhoamI97539 said:

In East Tx / Metroplex area in 4a has to be Kilgore and Palestine.

The only teams they could struggle to will be those El Paso teams they are always strong

On 3/31/2021 at 6:12 AM, MavGrad99 said:

We (Mineral Wells) won 2-0.  Play Borger Friday in Lubbock.  

what's interesting is Now after losing in the 3rd round the Head soccer at Athens is now open and posted on thsca. 

3 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

what's interesting is Now after losing in the 3rd round the Head soccer at Athens is now open and posted on thsca. 

I wonder how many people will jump on that to try and win some and move to a stronger DFW school

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Regional Semis (Region 1) Mineral Wells vs Castleberry... it’s going to be a hell of a match

Some peoples roads are way harder than others. It's crazy how many top teams are in region 2 and have had to play and fall too early, 

On 4/5/2021 at 1:01 PM, Slickarick said:

Some peoples roads are way harder than others. It's crazy how many top teams are in region 2 and have had to play and fall too early, 

Mineral Wells defeated Castleberry 3-2 in the Regional Semi-Finals!  They will play FW Diamond Hill Friday in Aledo for the Region 1 Finals.