Alto Open

Slickarick

I can appreciate all the enthusiasm and excitement but I really believe Alto needs to regroup and start on the basics again. To believe Gamble is gonna come in and you guys are automatically back to the “old Alto” and perennial contenders is a bit superficial. Let’s be honest, it’s not always the x’s and o’s.... It’s the Jim and Joes that make ya successful. Alto has had a lull in overall talent and that happens to nearly every 2A school in Texas at some time or another. When this occurs teams have to make up for lack of talent with hard work and dedication. From an outsider it also appears there have been some other hindrances that let’s say have preoccupied some of the kids there and they haven’t been fully invested in program.... With this being said however the gene pool is deep in Yellowjacket land and as “BGamble” said  her family isn’t about talkn, they are about results.....If Mr Gamble can come in and install some discipline and dedication with all kids then look out cuz the Mean Sting will be back on the map and feared by surrounding foes once again.... This usually takes a year or two so we will all stay tuned cuz with this hire it appears the community is definitely fired up

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

I can appreciate all the enthusiasm and excitement but I really believe Alto needs to regroup and start on the basics again. To believe Gamble is gonna come in and you guys are automatically back to the “old Alto” and perennial contenders is a bit superficial. Let’s be honest, it’s not always the x’s and o’s.... It’s the Jim and Joes that make ya successful. Alto has had a lull in overall talent and that happens to nearly every 2A school in Texas at some time or another. When this occurs teams have to make up for lack of talent with hard work and dedication. From an outsider it also appears there have been some other hindrances that let’s say have preoccupied some of the kids there and they haven’t been fully invested in program.... With this being said however the gene pool is deep in Yellowjacket land and as “BGamble” said  her family isn’t about talkn, they are about results.....If Mr Gamble can come in and install some discipline and dedication with all kids then look out cuz the Mean Sting will be back on the map and feared by surrounding foes once again.... This usually takes a year or two so we will all stay tuned cuz with this hire it appears the community is definitely fired up

This isn’t a rebuild. Any time you graduate 17 seniors in 2A football you are going to not be as good. That’s just the facts of 2A football. Alto was in several of their losses last year that makes their record a bit deceiving. As StingEm stated, these kids have talent. They gained a ton of experience last year. Meeks did a bang up job for 3 years and the program is in good shape. It’s set up for whoever the next coach was going to be to have success. Let’s see if Coach Gamble can put the pieces together and build a winner again. Other than Timpson and Beckville as clear front runners, the region is wide open an a deep run is possible if the ball bounces the right way. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

I can also appreciate this post, but will leave you with this. I don’t think anyone is/can be looking for Alto to be the “old Alto” again, no program will be what it was in these days that we are living in now. I say that confidently because I have been around TX High School football my whole life. I can assure you that discipline and hard work will be instilled because those are strong principles in my family. 

Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn’t work hard. 

When Mr. Gamble was the HC/AD at Beckville in 2015... 

Beckville- 49 Alto- 20

Alto was undefeated and had a lot more skill players at that time. & In some cases it can be the X’s & O’s and not the Jim’s & Joe’s. If the program depends solely on talent then there will obviously be inconsistencies year to year. 

My brother recognizes more than just the game. He cares about his players and cares about the program and community being successful overall. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, bgamble said:

I can also appreciate this post, but will leave you with this. I don’t think anyone is/can be looking for Alto to be the “old Alto” again, no program will be what it was in these days that we are living in now. I say that confidently because I have been around TX High School football my whole life. I can assure you that discipline and hard work will be instilled because those are strong principles in my family. 

Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn’t work hard. 

When Mr. Gamble was the HC/AD at Beckville in 2015... 

Beckville- 49 Alto- 20

Alto was undefeated and had a lot more skill players at that time. & In some cases it can be the X’s & O’s and not the Jim’s & Joe’s. If the program depends solely on talent then there will obviously be inconsistencies year to year. 

My brother recognizes more than just the game. He cares about his players and cares about the program and community being successful overall. 

Beat me to it.  To add to that not one person is excited about this hire because of old alto.  We are excited that a part of our family is getting a chance to come home.  Our community and our children are in good hands.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, jacket44 said:

Which ever I need too, but I’m not going to sit here and read smart mouth trash about someone who is in the Alto family now! It would have been the same for any Coaches in the past and will be for any in the future. Know the facts before you speak or post, or  shut up! Things happen in life, no one needs it thrown back in there face, while hiding behind a fake name and behind a screen.

Oh so since you have alto in your name you know facts...... I could tell you some things that would blow your mind. 

You can agree or disagree with the hire. That’s fine. Keep it civil. If you’re going to post rumors as fact then you better have the sources to prove them. Otherwise, your post will be hidden. The possibility of a suspension will be based upon the posted rumor. Any threats of physical violence towards any other member is a automatic 30 day suspension. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

You can agree or disagree with the hire. That’s fine. Keep it civil. If you’re going to post rumors as fact then you better have the sources to prove them. Otherwise, your post will be hidden. The possibility of a suspension will be based upon the posted rumor. Any threats of physical violence towards any other member is a automatic 30 day suspension. 

Is it a rumor if it was said in an interview in the paper?

12 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Can you provide the article in the newspaper?

I can but there is no reason for me to. I am not trying to bash the guy. I already said I wish him and Alto nothing but the best. I just thought the Alto posters were overreacting to their hire. Then they came out of the woodworks to talk back. One even gave me his address to his trailer home. 

• LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Stickstick said:

I can but there is no reason for me to. I am not trying to bash the guy. I already said I wish him and Alto nothing but the best. I just thought the Alto posters were overreacting to their hire. Then they came out of the woodworks to talk back. One even gave me his address to his trailer home. 

Pretty sure we already made it clear that that was my trailer. Dude set me up. If you look on google maps, all those old cars and 1980’s bass boats are my neighbors. I DO own those goats though lol. 😂

• LOL! 5

18 minutes ago, Stickstick said:

That guy got 30 days for the threat. SDC can be held responsible for any unverified rumors posted on here. Issues with on the field stuff is one thing. The off the field stuff is another. Just for everyone on the site’s knowledge in the future.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stickstick said:

Outside of Alto I get it people can say over reaction or doesn’t think this a good hire, however if fans/parents/students are overly excited then I see that as a great thing leading into a new direction of a program.  Would you rather them be against it or just don’t care????? Also IDK if u know this but football in alto is a HUGE deal so overly excited is the norm.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stickstick said:

I just thought the Alto posters were overreacting to their hire. Then they came out of the woodworks to talk back.

“....overreacting to their hire.” 🤔 

Being excited about your new coach is not an overreaction. I would hope that every school who hires their new guy is excited. We were when Coach Meeks came. I have followed several threads and generally most are happy and enthusiastic when the decision is announced (ie Brock, Cameron Yoe, Center, Crockett, Lone Oak...not so much lol, Atlanta for the most part). Maybe we are a bit more excited because he is a hometown guy and has the respect of “the folks” before he even gets here.

To address the second part: “they came out of the woodworks to talk back.” That’s what family does. When you mess with one of us, you get all of us. And honestly that may be more true for Alto than most places!

Thanks for the well wishes for our team and new coach. Carry on. 😂 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

“....overreacting to their hire.” 🤔 

Being excited about your new coach is not an overreaction. I would hope that every school who hires their new guy is excited. We were when Coach Meeks came. I have followed several threads and generally most are happy and enthusiastic when the decision is announced (ie Brock, Cameron Yoe, Center, Crockett, Lone Oak...not so much lol, Atlanta for the most part). Maybe we are a bit more excited because he is a hometown guy and has the respect of “the folks” before he even gets here.

To address the second part: “they came out of the woodworks to talk back.” That’s what family does. When you mess with one of us, you get all of us. And honestly that may be more true for Alto than most places!

Thanks for the well wishes for our team and new coach. Carry on. 😂 

Couldn’t agree more with this post... 

also want to add to all of the individuals who have so much negativity, jealousy is one of the highest forms of flattery. So we are flattered. 

We look forward to seeing you and your teams on the field/court/meet, and look to perform at the highest level. Good Luck. 

• Like 3

More exciting news to share! The foundation for the new coliseum and dressing rooms has been poured. Also on Saturday, the foundation for the new elementary gym was done. Next foundation up: the new high school! Red iron to be delivered in April. 🙌🙌🙌

#tornadoes2019 #don’tlookback #jacketPRIDE

EDD6F67E-47B5-4B86-9654-86F4794C476F.jpeg

• Like 6

On 3/14/2021 at 11:10 AM, Stickstick said:

You said to his trailer house. How do you know that man lives in a trailer house? I don’t think I’ve seen very many trailers in Alto to be honest.

On 3/15/2021 at 3:05 PM, randomuser said:

You said to his trailer house. How do you know that man lives in a trailer house? I don’t think I’ve seen very many trailers in Alto to be honest.

He doesn’t live in a trailer house. Lol

But you know what, I spent a few years in a mobile home growing up while my parents built our family brick home and I wasn’t any lesser of a person. So.....I know Stickstick meant that as an insult to the good folks of Alto (or maybe just to Jacket44 who lost his cool and ran his mouth)! Either way I’ve known some nice folks who live in “trailer houses.” And I’ve known some jerks who live in big nice houses.

Best thing to do is follow momma’s advice and treat others the way you want to be treated and don’t worry so much about the house they are living in. 😂😉

• Like 5