Mask Mandate

DeKlabBeers

17 hours ago, DeKlabBeers said:

Abbott just took away the mask mandate. Probably wont affect the actions of any East Texan though. 

I was back in ETX this weekend...  it was like 70% anti-maskers... it was kind of nice to see everyone’s meth teeth again.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 8

I haven't worn one sense 14 days after I had Covid back in October. Out of about 5 days then was good. And I had asthma so i was a little worried. Positive on both the Quick and long tests and the antibody test. 

4 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

nothing like knowing who PATIENT ZERO was in East Texas

The first one in Texas was this guy :  https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/COVID-19-patient-zero-released-from-local-hospital-after-25-day-stay-569556541.html

In Harris Co. it was a 70 year old man who took a Nile Cruise.  https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/dad-area-coronavirus-patient-first-speaks-15122633.php .  

Regardless the virus would have still made it to Texas.  It's not as deadly as some are making it out to be, and CNN has basically stopped the daily death count and those who have contracted it.  I'm just worried about the variants that are out there that the scientists and doctors don't really know much about.  

My talk with a few supt and ADs that I know, I believe the mask mandate in schools won't be rescinded this school year.  It will be a district by district policy, but from what they told me, it would take months to adjust the cleaning and sanitation policies back to the point where we can say that it is safe for students AND teachers without masks right now.  

All of this talk about Abbott being "stupid," is purely political.  It was a political power move on his part and a cover-up of his power grid lies.  However, he didn't change anything other than what he said "The government shouldn't have to tell you what to do to keep yourself safe from illness, so we aren't anymore."  If you can take that thought and apply it, everything should make sense to you.

Next school year, we will be maskless and no longer distanced from our friends, students, and co-workers.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

My talk with a few supt and ADs that I know, I believe the mask mandate in schools won't be rescinded this school year.  It will be a district by district policy, but from what they told me, it would take months to adjust the cleaning and sanitation policies back to the point where we can say that it is safe for students AND teachers without masks right now.  

All of this talk about Abbott being "stupid," is purely political.  It was a political power move on his part and a cover-up of his power grid lies.  However, he didn't change anything other than what he said "The government shouldn't have to tell you what to do to keep yourself safe from illness, so we aren't anymore."  If you can take that thought and apply it, everything should make sense to you.

Next school year, we will be maskless and no longer distanced from our friends, students, and co-workers.

I bet the TEA will leave it up to the school districts but most will not change anything this school year. I don't see a scenario where the UIL leaves any wiggle room though. I bet all of their COVID guidelines stay in place for the remainder of the school year. 

30 minutes ago, CDubya936 said:

I bet the TEA will leave it up to the school districts but most will not change anything this school year. I don't see a scenario where the UIL leaves any wiggle room though. I bet all of their COVID guidelines stay in place for the remainder of the school year. 

I hate being told what to do, but you are right.  There is no sense in changing what I do at my school this year just to say "Yay!  We are maskless!   Let's go back to being dirty!"  

I mean, I have 10 gallons of hand sanitizer in my storage room right now...  It is going to take us 10 years to go through all of this monkey butt smelling #### if we cut back on COVID protocols :rofl:

14 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I hate being told what to do, but you are right.  There is no sense in changing what I do at my school this year just to say "Yay!  We are maskless!   Let's go back to being dirty!"  

I mean, I have 10 gallons of hand sanitizer in my storage room right now...  It is going to take us 10 years to go through all of this monkey butt smelling #### if we cut back on COVID protocols :rofl:

Save it for the next pandemic! 💵

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

This. I mean, c'mon, we're just a couple months out from summer. We've got all these systems and processes in place. You wanna just pull off the bandaid now? 

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

No comment.  ;) 

11 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I practiced social distancing from my fellow teachers long before COVID forced us too. 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 2

14 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

So who on here will be opening the last pack of toliet paper in year 2025 that they bought in year 2020 ?

• LOL! 1