Detroit Head Boys Basketball job open?

903GUY91

Trey Hart, who was at Redwater a few seasons ago, would be a great candidate. His two years there they went 29-32 finishing 3rd and 4th in the district. That program only won 1 district game in 3 seasons before he took over and won 14 in two seasons. Not sure if he is interested at all but would be a great hire.

1 minute ago, mrclean69 said:

Uh who would want this? Granted it looks like the previous guy didn't exactly schedule well, but they went 0fer and it wasn't even close. 

True I mean I wasn't really surprised he was fired when they didn't win a single game this season.

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

Detroit is in the middle of no where and are very limited with talent....Itll be a tough hire.

I have driven through Detroit a few times on my way to Paris. If you blink you miss it. I heard they made a hire just have not heard a name. I am a believer that anywhere can be competitive in sports with the right coaching. Seen it many times. If the coach will come in and set set the culture and standards then they can be successful. Culture wins more games than talent. Then winning brings talent. 

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, RW2008 said:

I have driven through Detroit a few times on my way to Paris. If you blink you miss it. I heard they made a hire just have not heard a name. I am a believer that anywhere can be competitive in sports with the right coaching. Seen it many times. If the coach will come in and set set the culture and standards then they can be successful. Culture wins more games than talent. Then winning brings talent. 

That is correct. I agree. If they start winning I could see some kids from neighboring schools easing over there lol . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 2:23 PM, mrclean69 said:

Uh who would want this? Granted it looks like the previous guy didn't exactly schedule well, but they went 0fer and it wasn't even close. 

He was in the same district with Clarksville,Rivercrest and McLeod. How are you supposed to get ready for those teams if you schedule weak teams in the pre-district  

On 3/18/2021 at 2:25 PM, 903GUY91 said:

True I mean I wasn't really surprised he was fired when they didn't win a single game this season.

Hard to win without Jimmy and Joes! also hard to win when you're dealing with football coach and weak ad

On 4/26/2021 at 11:04 PM, pancakemachine said:

Heard a lot of good things about Savage. Supposedly they’ve reassigned girls coach now also? 

4 coaches have either been fired, demoted, forced to resign or just left! and those four are Detroit grads!