The OFFICIAL 2021 Houston Astros Thread

Wild74

11 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

After a surprising sweep of league best White Sox......the Astros now have the top record in the American League. 

Gotta admit I was shocked to sweep them with Bregman and Tucker both on the DL

White Sox are a little overrated. They beat up on a weak AL Central. Whenever they play someone with a pulse, they can't get it done. Chicago is uber talented, and they will get there, but this year is not it.

I see the AL as a three team race right now between Houston, Tampa, and Boston right now. Toronto and Oakland will keep things interesting for a while. The Angels and Rangers can play spoiler for someone down the stretch. 

On 6/30/2021 at 10:07 PM, THSfanatic said:

And the Astros continue their pace of pulverizing teams over .500 and completely tanking against bottom level. It is inexplicable 

Seems like the Astros can't hit against this bottom dwelling team, I have no answer, but they seem to come back alive against the Indians, if that is ok to say Indian now days

On 7/4/2021 at 2:44 PM, Wild74 said:

Alvarez on maternity leave, I didn't know he was even pregnant 

Seem we need to send more to maternity leave Alvarez 3-3 2 HR and 5 RBI's so far. Abreu in relief so the tie shouldn't last long

11 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Never mind .... the rest of the cheaters need all the help they can get ....

Except those cheaters didn't win the WS so they get a pass, glad to see the Astros not going to the Allstar game just to get booed 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Astros have been playing ok so this blast out is to the Astros bullpen when you can't hold a 7-0 lead you are lacking, Stanek your fastball is not any good if you can't throw it for strikes and Raley you and J Smith need to be in the minors. Carry on

Unbelievable steal getting RP Graveman for Toro and Joe Smith.   Joe Smith is a great guy but he can't get an out to save his life. Toro was ok for utility player, but Diaz is back & Bregman imminent.   I see absolutely no upside for Seattle at all

Graveman has been one of the best closers in the big leagues. Graveman/Pressley probably better than the Pressley/Osuna combo we had.  Love this move

7 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

Unbelievable steal getting RP Graveman for Toro and Joe Smith.   Joe Smith is a great guy but he can't get an out to save his life. Toro was ok for utility player, but Diaz is back & Bregman imminent.   I see absolutely no upside for Seattle at all

Graveman has been one of the best closers in the big leagues. Graveman/Pressley probably better than the Pressley/Osuna combo we had.  Love this move

Looks like a great move we need the help. I did notice that Toro paid immediate dividend for Seattle by hitting a pinch hit HR off Pressly...lol I didn't see where Graveman was under contract for another year so I assume Seattle may have got rid of him because they figured he would not sign next year with them. 

26 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Yimi Garcia seems like a nice pickup and a much needed one in the bullpen

I might add Javier just came in and walked three straight after giving up a single so he walked in a run. It is excruciating to watch this bullpen, Baker finally pulled him for Abreu who also can have problems with the strike zone 

Well Javier did have a bad outing, but he has shown he can easily be in the starting rotation next year. I absolutely HATE when a team suddenly throws a rookie starting pitcher into a reliever role.

Picking up Garcia from the Marlins is unbelievable to me after getting Graveman.  2 Power arms. Just what we needed. Great 7-8-9 combination.   The subtraction of Joe Smith and hopefully using Raley only in lopsided games can take this team a whole lot farther than I thought we could go

I still don't think our starting pitching can get us to the promised land but things look better today than they did 2 days ago

• Like 1

Well Miles Straw is gone, never was a big fan but had hope, he was weak on hitting and no power at all. Chas McCormick has a lot of pop and I think brighter future down the line. Phil Maton looks to be another quality reliever but not quite as good as the other two that Houston acquired. 

• Like 1