The Smoakhouse Forums

On 4/6/2021 at 7:16 PM, cowboyandchrist said:

Argyle is the 4A version of Highland Park only better. 

Not in Football. Highland Park has the richest football history in the State 

• Like 1
On 4/8/2021 at 6:55 PM, eagle34 said:

Not in Football. Highland Park has the richest football history in the State 

I think he meant as a whole program as in all sports.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, TCU44 said:

Argyle will be 5A after next year.Will be interesting how they do in 5A.

I think if Liberty Hill can move up and compete, Argyle can do something similar 

5 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I think if Liberty Hill can move up and compete, Argyle can do something similar 

I agree too much emphasis is on classification. Plenty of schools can compete in 5a D2.

On 4/11/2021 at 7:17 AM, mikehoncho said:

Argyle will do very well in 5a D2. Deep playoff runs and contending for state titles. Not much different than what they are currently doing. Only the elite schools will give them problems. Not sure they are ready to beat Aledo right now, but as the school keeps growing they will have more talent to build with. They are a top 5 team in that class right now, maybe top 3. Aledo, FB Marshall, Ennis, Huntsville, Lovejoy? 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Argyle will do very well in 5a D2. Deep playoff runs and contending for state titles. Not much different than what they are currently doing. Only the elite schools will give them problems. Not sure they are ready to beat Aledo right now, but as the school keeps growing they will have more talent to build with. They are a top 5 team in that class right now, maybe top 3. Aledo, FB Marshall, Ennis, Huntsville, Lovejoy? 

Top 5...?  Wow. But they can always up their level of recruiting. So yeah you may be right.

• Like 1
On 4/12/2021 at 9:29 AM, BulldogBacker12 said:

I wouldn't venture to say top five. There are a lot of really good fb programs in that classification. I think they're solid in that classification but lets not roll out the red carpet. I they could be top 10. But who knows. Football is a crazy game.

On 4/12/2021 at 9:29 AM, BulldogBacker12 said:

Aledo will be 5A D1 next alignment anyways. 

8 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Aledo will be 5A D1 next alignment anyways. 

Aledo versus Highland Park would be awesome.

15 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Aledo versus Highland Park would be awesome.

Let em have a non-district game, as opposed to a playoff match up ya know..for personal reasons ;)

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Let em have a non-district game, as opposed to a playoff match up ya know..for personal reasons ;)

🤣

• 1 month later...

Once Argyle does move up to 5A.......they will most probably stay in Division II for a looong time.  They just don't have the real estate to expand their school district.  Flower Mound and Denton ISD owns most of it around them.  Also Northwest ISD.  Look at how Prosper has ballooned with all of that real estate in their school district.  Celina has alot of area to grow also......eventually.  Melissa and Anna are in the same boat......maybe Melissa has more territory, I don't know.  But out of the group.......Argyle has the least of anybody.  Their growth will subside in the not too distant future.  Argyle is getting close to maxxing out in real estate right now.  The subdivisions have already been under construction for a few years and are nearing completion.......at least 2/3 done already.  I'd say that's about it for Argyle as far as expansion goes......real estate-wise.

On 5/15/2021 at 3:05 PM, regaleagle said:

Once Argyle does move up to 5A.......they will most probably stay in Division II for a looong time.  They just don't have the real estate to expand their school district.  Flower Mound and Denton ISD owns most of it around them.  Also Northwest ISD.  Look at how Prosper has ballooned with all of that real estate in their school district.  Celina has alot of area to grow also......eventually.  Melissa and Anna are in the same boat......maybe Melissa has more territory, I don't know.  But out of the group.......Argyle has the least of anybody.  Their growth will subside in the not too distant future.  Argyle is getting close to maxxing out in real estate right now.  The subdivisions have already been under construction for a few years and are nearing completion.......at least 2/3 done already.  I'd say that's about it for Argyle as far as expansion goes......real estate-wise.

I've got some former classmates/college buddies who absolutely love it in Argyle. Say it's got the right "culture" for them.  👀