Pittsburg Pirates football?

BigBoy44

5 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Mexia seems to have some issues. People had said Abron had applied at Atlanta. He obviously was looking for a change. 

Crazy how certain places can be so difficult they can run off quality coaches so soon

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Mexia seems to have some issues. People had said Abron had applied at Atlanta. He obviously was looking for a change. 

From what I understand he’s been wanting to make it back to East Texas.

5 minutes ago, oldhornet said:

How is Pitt that much better of a job than Mexia?

I've heard Mexia talent level is pretty low coming up. Also if you follow Abron on twitter he had to apologize for a deleted tweet that seemed (I didn't see it) to be about accountability. Mexia is also not an appealing place to live. Probably all added up to looking for something else. 

If the kids and parents (that fuel the thoughts of the kids) buy in to Abron good things will happen at Pitt. It will be a different system but one he's proven to be successful in at two totally different places. He will hold kids accountable and build character, IF he is allowed to do so. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

I've heard Mexia talent level is pretty low coming up. Also if you follow Abron on twitter he had to apologize for a deleted tweet that seemed (I didn't see it) to be about accountability. Mexia is also not an appealing place to live. Probably all added up to looking for something else. 

If the kids and parents (that fuel the thoughts of the kids) buy in to Abron good things will happen at Pitt. It will be a different system but one he's proven to be successful in at two totally different places. He will hold kids accountable and build character, IF he is allowed to do so. 

I think this was the problem that many in the community didn't understand, nor did the kids. You are allowed to do as you wish for so long and when someone comes in and says no more, you have problems. Some in the community bought into him and what he brought. Then you have those who did not, and they were the more vocal ones. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Sometimes the coach makes a good place difficult but I have no idea about Mexia.

Lets just say at mexia he was promised both rains to a fine Quarter Horse .  Lets say they only let him have one.. and they held the tail as well. 

Mexia's community needs to come together and back the next coach. Although, This move had nothing to do with the community of Mexia. Do not assume something that you know nothing about. Mexia has quite a bit of talent coming up in the junior high, we'll be fine. Lost a great coach and Pitt is getting a good one. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blackcat89 said:

Mexia's community needs to come together and back the next coach. Although, This move had nothing to do with the community of Mexia. Do not assume something that you know nothing about. Mexia has quite a bit of talent coming up in the junior high, we'll be fine. Lost a great coach and Pitt is getting a good one. 

Yeah, I'm sure the guy with two posts with "Black Cats" in his name is not biased at all about what Mexia has lol.

11 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Yeah, I'm sure the guy with two posts with "Black Cats" in his name is not biased at all about what Mexia has lol.

Which means I know more bout Mexia than you do. not some scrub on his phone that just heard about Mexia yesterday lol

• Like 1

I interviewed Coach Abron several times when he was at Pewitt for the radio station I call the LE games on. He is a great motivator, very enthusiastic, loves kids, and an awesome family guy from my experience. 

I think he will help make Pitt better. I'll be rooting for him. (Except for one district game each year!)  

3 hours ago, Bigboyt said:

Good hire Pitt. I predict in 2 to 3 years Pittsburg will have their first district championship in over a decade and state bound. “Go Pirates!!!”

if they are still in a district with Gilmer and/or Pleasant Grove 😲

wow, that limb would feel more like a twig with a gorilla on it!!!

3 minutes ago, Pittpirate1919 said:

It's more talent in pittsburg than meets the eye just a lot of them was in the stands or moved elsewhere 

Pittsburg best recruiting opportunity is having Coach Abron walk the halls at the high school.