2021 District 9-5A Div II Football Thread

Mavchamp

3 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

I went and watched the PT/WH game and PT looked horrible. Playing like that I am not sure they win another district game. I think the book is out on their offense stop the running game and make the QB beat you. PT losing out would send MP and Nac. to the playoffs in the 3/4 spots if Marshall beats Hallsville this week. We will see what happens, I am not sure you can predict anything in this district at the moment.  

I knew PT was going to struggle on offense without DJ this year. I was called crazy and “wishful thinking” over the spring and summer by some smarter than me. 

But anyone paying attention knew DJ was what made PT’s offense go.  Yes…. They had other weapons, but those weapons were open because most defenses were keyed in on stopping DJ. 

Without a Mr. World player ATH at QB… the Pirates became much easier to defend.

They have a great running back… but without a real passing threat…. Stopping him is easier.

What does shock me are their defensive struggles.  I thought it would be the strength of their team.

Surprised to see them struggle like this.  I had them picked as a playoff team. But I’m leaning to Nac and MP now. 

Both PT and Marshall have been in a funk since our Texas High games. Hallsville and Nac both need wins against us and will be tough games.  If we play like we have the last 2 weeks, we will be needing help to make playoffs. Play with the same intensity as we had early in the season and we will enter playoffs on a high note and extra home game.

9 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

But I’m leaning to Nac and MP now. 

4 hours ago, mav01 said:

Hallsville and Nac both need wins against us and will be tough games. 

Nac made a change at QB after the MP game, they brought the Soph QB up from JV and now have a 2-QB rotation between a Soph and Junior. Both QB are more mobile than the starter to start the year. They have averaged 29 Pts per game since making the switch. Their execution has been better and they stopped turning the ball over. They have a 4 back rotation at RB and they are all productive runners. The offensive line has improved and we are moving the ball. The bad part is the goal line stop by PT against us in the final minute of the game could cost us a playoff spot. 

9 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I knew PT was going to struggle on offense without DJ this year. I was called crazy and “wishful thinking” over the spring and summer by some smarter than me. 

But anyone paying attention knew DJ was what made PT’s offense go.  Yes…. They had other weapons, but those weapons were open because most defenses were keyed in on stopping DJ. 

Without a Mr. World player ATH at QB… the Pirates became much easier to defend.

They have a great running back… but without a real passing threat…. Stopping him is easier.

What does shock me are their defensive struggles.  I thought it would be the strength of their team.

Surprised to see them struggle like this.  I had them picked as a playoff team. But I’m leaning to Nac and MP now. 

I think their defense is their strength but I have noticed in the games they have lost their offense turning the ball over is putting their defense on the field a lot and with short fields to defend. 

3 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Nac made a change at QB after the MP game, they brought the Soph QB up from JV and now have a 2-QB rotation between a Soph and Junior. Both QB are more mobile than the starter to start the year. They have averaged 29 Pts per game since making the switch. Their execution has been better and they stopped turning the ball over. They have a 4 back rotation at RB and they are all productive runners. The offensive line has improved and we are moving the ball. The bad part is the goal line stop by PT against us in the final minute of the game could cost us a playoff spot. 

Three varsity QBs to pick from….

4 RB rotation…..

Who are y’all?  Longview? 

4 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

I think their defense is their strength but I have noticed in the games they have lost their offense turning the ball over is putting their defense on the field a lot and with short fields to defend. 

That sounds vaguely familiar. 

Turnovers really haven’t been much of an issue for us this year outside of the Texas High game, which was a total and complete disaster on every level imaginable.  We dominated that game in every statistical category and lost by 15 points.  Credit the Texas High defense… they made all those turnovers happen.  They made us look terrible.  

Olvera only has one pick on the season if you take away the Texas High game.  Only one INT in 7 games is impressive.  

Not many fumbles this season either.  We’ve held onto the ball pretty well. 

We’ve had some kicking game blunders with bad snaps that has put the defense on some short fields. 

Quick three and outs have been our issue. We are inconsistent at moving the chains. 

We will go on 60-70 yard drives…. Sometimes score. Sometimes not….. and then go three and out on our next three possessions and then go on another 70 yard drive.  

It’s so bizarre how they can make it look so easy on one drive and so difficult the next. 

And this is JMHO…. Doesn’t matter if it’s the Dallas Cowboys, college football, or Marshall….   I loath sideways passes. They rarely work. But the risk for turnovers or tackles for a loss is too great.  Yet they seem to be loved by OC’s everywhere. 🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻

Anyhow…. We got our hands full this Friday Vs Hallsville.  Hope we come out and take care of business. Wrap up a home playoff game. 

44 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Three varsity QBs to pick from….

4 RB rotation…..

Who are y’all?  Longview? 

We rotate a lot of personnel in out probably run 6-7 different receivers in and out of the game as well. The starting QB to start the year has moved to WR.  You can see by our record not Longview:) 

We are young so I like seeing these guys getting some playing time. Only losing 12 seniors and only 3 starters for next year. We have a lot of sophomores playing key roles right now. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Texas High be the only team to win in bi-district. Rudder isn’t that good so maybe Marshall can get them too but it looks like the offenses in this district aren’t going to hold up come playoff time. If TH gets Huntsville in the first round I wouldn’t be surprised to see a struggle there either. 

It’s a little surprising considering the personnel that was coming out of East Texas in the not too distant past. Now, outside of the inner-city district FB Marshall plays in the ET district is the second weakest in our region. Crazy how fast most of the power in the larger two classes has shifted to the suburbs. 

If Katy Paetow makes it to the finals that will be the third new Houston area school to make it to the 5A-D1 state title game with four years or less of varsity existence in the last seven years. George Ranch did it in ‘15, Shadow Creek did it in ‘18 and ‘19. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

That sounds vaguely familiar. 

Turnovers really haven’t been much of an issue for us this year outside of the Texas High game, which was a total and complete disaster on every level imaginable.  We dominated that game in every statistical category and lost by 15 points.  Credit the Texas High defense… they made all those turnovers happen.  They made us look terrible.  

Olvera only has one pick on the season if you take away the Texas High game.  Only one INT in 7 games is impressive.  

Not many fumbles this season either.  We’ve held onto the ball pretty well. 

We’ve had some kicking game blunders with bad snaps that has put the defense on some short fields. 

Quick three and outs have been our issue. We are inconsistent at moving the chains. 

We will go on 60-70 yard drives…. Sometimes score. Sometimes not….. and then go three and out on our next three possessions and then go on another 70 yard drive.  

It’s so bizarre how they can make it look so easy on one drive and so difficult the next. 

And this is JMHO…. Doesn’t matter if it’s the Dallas Cowboys, college football, or Marshall….   I loath sideways passes. They rarely work. But the risk for turnovers or tackles for a loss is too great.  Yet they seem to be loved by OC’s everywhere. 🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻

Anyhow…. We got our hands full this Friday Vs Hallsville.  Hope we come out and take care of business. Wrap up a home playoff game. 

So…… JAX beats Hallsville 49-20. Marshall crushed us, running clock in second half. I guess my question is… how does Marshall “have their hands full” with Hallsville?”  LOL!!! Of course, I’m joking, every Friday night is different. Teams can peak, teams can fall apart, and some teams make a few tweaks and they are a totally different (better) teams. I know you @Mavchampcant and won’t say it for obvious reasons.. but I can’t see Hallsville staying on the field with Marshall … if Marshall plays up to their abilities. 

49 minutes ago, Matt said:

So…… JAX beats Hallsville 49-20. Marshall crushed us, running clock in second half. I guess my question is… how does Marshall “have their hands full” with Hallsville?”  LOL!!! Of course, I’m joking, every Friday night is different. Teams can peak, teams can fall apart, and some teams make a few tweaks and they are a totally different (better) teams. I know you @Mavchampcant and won’t say it for obvious reasons.. but I can’t see Hallsville staying on the field with Marshall … if Marshall plays up to their abilities. 

Well…. I’m hesitant with Hallsville. It’s a rivalry game. So there’s that factor. 

But I can’t overlook that they tested Texas High all game. They beat MP that tested us abd they beat Nac, whom we haven’t played yet. 

We should be favorites.  But…. We’ve been favorites before and choked. 

• Like 1

Last 2 weeks of the regular season and there are still a lot of possibilities for playoff positioning. Here are the easy ones.

Texas High 5-0-Needs 1 win or a Marshall loss to secure the top spot and #1 seed.

Marshall 4-1-Needs 1 win or a Nac loss to secure the #2 seed-Losing out and having MP and Hallsville winning out could create a large tiebreaker with multiple teams at 4-3 to decide 2-4 spots.

Nac 3-2-Needs 1 win in their last 2 to secure a playoff spot, can still get in losing their last two but would need the loser of MP/PT game to lose out. H2H over Hallsville could loom large. Can not end in a tie with MP/PT and advance. Depending on how the rest of the district games go Nac. could find themselves in tie breaker situations. They will lose all tiebreakers including both PT and MP. 

PT/MP/Hallsville- are all tied and the scenarios are numerous-PT/MP this week and PT/Hallsville next week will make for an interesting ending to the season. 

Jax and Wh are eliminated since they have both lost H2H to Nac and the best they can have their district record is 3-4

What I am predicting is 

1.TX High 7-0-Will win out

2.Marshall 6-1-Marshall wins out and in doing so will eliminate Hallsville

3.MP-4-3 MP will win out and take the 3 seed.

4.Nac-3-4-Nac will lose out and take the 4 seed-Nac will advance on H2H vs Hallsville.

5.Hallsville 3-4-will go 1-1 losing to Marshall and beating PT

6.PT-2-5-will go 0-2 losing to PT and Hallsville

This is just what I think and it means absolutely nothing, the last 3 weeks in this district have been very surprising. 

9-5A Standings
Texas High (8-0) (6-0)*
Marshall (6-3) (5-1)*
Nacogdoches (3-6) (3-3)
Mount Pleasant (3-5) (3-3)
Pine Tree (4-5) (2-4)
Hallsville (2-7) (2-4)
Whitehouse (2-7) (2-4) 
Jacksonville (1-8) (1-5)

Week 10 Games
Texas High beat 37-20
Marshall beat Hallsville 38-21
Mount Pleasant beat Pine Tree 35-28
Whitehouse beat Jacksonville 28-14

Week 11 Games
Texas High Vs. Whitehouse
Marshall Vs. Nacogdoches
Pine Tree Vs. Hallsville
Jacksonville Vs. Mount Pleasant

PLAYOFF SCENARIOS
Texas High (6-0) clinched the district championship and hosting a first round playoff game with their win over Nacogdoches.

Marshall (5-1) clinched the #2 slot and hosting a first round playoff game with their win over Hallsville 

Mount Pleasant (3-3) and Nacogdoches (3-3) control their own destines. Win...and they are in.

Hallsville, Pine Tree, and Whitehouse all sitting at (2-4) and will need some help to get in.

Mount Pleasant will host Jacksonville.  A Tiger win over the Indians will clinch the #3 spot for MP.  A MP loss coupled with a Hallsville win over Pine Tree would give the Bobcats the #4 spot and eliminate the Tigers.

Nacogdoches will host Marshall.  A Dragon win over the Mavericks will clinch the #4 spot for Nac.  A Nac loss coupled with a Pine Tree win over Hallsville would give the Pirates the #4 spot and eliminate the Dragons.

Pine Tree needs a win over Hallsville and a Nac loss to Marshall to get in.

Hallsville needs a win over Pine Tree and MP loss to Jacksonville to get in.

Whitehouse-  For all intents and purposes the Wildcats have been eliminated....but don't quote me on that.  They would need some wild things to happen to get in.  First....they would need an upset of Texas High.  They would need either MP and/or Nac to lose and Pine Tree to win to force a three...maybe four way tie for fourth.  Pine Tree is the only one above them in the standings they have beaten.  It would come down to a lot of point differentials.  Not even sure TBH.  But an upset of THS seems pretty unlikely.  

Clear as mud????

---------------------------

10-5A Standings
Montgomery (9-0), (5-0)
AMC (8-2), (5-1)
Rudder (7-2), (3-2)
Fulshear (5-4), (2-3)
Lamar Consolidated (2-7) (1-4)
Huntsville (3-5) (1-4)
Lake Creek (5-4) (1-4)

Week 10 Games
Montgomery beat Huntsville 35-28
Fulshear beat Lamar Consolidated 31-24
AMC beat Rudder 32-20
Lake Creek- OFF

Week 11 Games
Huntsville Vs .Fulshear
Lake Creek Vs. Montgomery
Lamar Consolidated Vs. Rudder
AMC- OFF

Playoff Scenarios
Montgomery has clinched the district championship.  They will host a first round playoff game.

AMC has clinched the #2 slot and will host a first round playoff game.

Rudder has clinched a playoff slot and the #3 slot, even if they lose to Lamar Consolidated.  

Fulshear can clinch a playoff spot with a win over Huntsville.  However, if they lose to Huntsville by 5 or more.... the Hornets would take the #4 slot.

Lamar Consolidated would need a win over Rudder and a Huntsville win over Fulshear by 4 points or less to slide into the #4 slot.

Huntsville needs a win over Fulshear by 5 or more points to take the #4 slot.

Lake Creek would need an upset of Montgomery, a Fuslhear loss to Huntsville, and a Lamar win over Rudder to have any chance....and there would be some point differentials I'm not even going to attempt to figure out.

Projected Playoff Match-ups for the first round
Huntsville (3-5)/Fulshear (5-4) at Texas High (8-0)
Bryan Rudder (7-2) at Marshall (6-3)
Mount Pleasant (3-5) at AMC (8-2)
Nacogdoches (3-6)/Pine Tree (4-5) at Montgomery (9-0)

8-5A Standings
Ennis (9-0), (6-0)
Royse City (8-1), (5-1)
Forney (6-3), (5-1)
Crandall (5-4), (3-3)
Corsicana (6-3), (3-3)
Greenville (3-6), (2-4)
North Forney (1-8), (0-6)
Sulphur Springs (0-9), (0-6)

Week 10 Games
Ennis beat Royse City 48-20
Crandall beat Corsicana 63-40
Forney beat Sulphur Springs 37-28
Greenville beat North Forney 24-14

Week 11 Games
Royse City Vs. Forney
Corsicana Vs. Ennis
Greenville Vs. Crandall
Sulphur Springs Vs. North Forney

PLAYOFF SCENARIOS
Ennis has clinched at least a tie for the district championship.  They will clinch it outright with a win over Corsi.

Royse City has clinched a playoff spot.  If they beat Forney, they will host a playoff game as the #2 seed.  A loss to Forney will send them on the road for the first round as the #3 seed.

Forney has clinched a playoff spot.  If they beat RC, they will host a playoff game as the #2 seed.  A loss to RC will send them on the road for the first round as the #3 seed.

Crandall can clinch the #4 slot with a win over Greenville.  A loss to Greenville would give the #4 slot to the Lions.... UNLESS Corsi upsets Ennis and it forces a three way tie between Crandall, Greenville, and Corsi.

Corsicana would need an upset of Ennis and a Crandall loss to Greenville to get in.

Greenville needs a win over Crandall to get in and a corsi loss to Ennis.

North Forney and Greenville have been eliminated.

5 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

9-5A Standings
Texas High (8-0) (6-0)*
Marshall (6-3) (5-1)*
Nacogdoches (3-6) (3-3)
Mount Pleasant (3-5) (3-3)
Pine Tree (4-5) (2-4)
Hallsville (2-7) (2-4)
Whitehouse (2-7) (2-4) 
Jacksonville (1-8) (1-5)

Week 10 Games
Texas High beat 37-20
Marshall beat Hallsville 38-21
Mount Pleasant beat Pine Tree 35-28
Whitehouse beat Jacksonville 28-14

Week 11 Games
Texas High Vs. Whitehouse
Marshall Vs. Nacogdoches
Pine Tree Vs. Hallsville
Jacksonville Vs. Mount Pleasant

PLAYOFF SCENARIOS
Texas High (6-0) clinched the district championship and hosting a first round playoff game with their win over Nacogdoches.

Marshall (5-1) clinched the #2 slot and hosting a first round playoff game with their win over Hallsville 

Mount Pleasant (3-3) and Nacogdoches (3-3) control their own destines. Win...and they are in.

Hallsville, Pine Tree, and Whitehouse all sitting at (2-4) and will need some help to get in.

Mount Pleasant will host Jacksonville.  A Tiger win over the Indians will clinch the #3 spot for MP.  A MP loss coupled with a Hallsville win over Pine Tree would give the Bobcats the #4 spot and eliminate the Tigers.

Nacogdoches will host Marshall.  A Dragon win over the Mavericks will clinch the #4 spot for Nac.  A Nac loss coupled with a Pine Tree win over Hallsville would give the Pirates the #4 spot and eliminate the Dragons.

Pine Tree needs a win over Hallsville and a Nac loss to Marshall to get in.

Hallsville needs a win over Pine Tree and MP loss to Jacksonville to get in.

Whitehouse-  For all intents and purposes the Wildcats have been eliminated....but don't quote me on that.  They would need some wild things to happen to get in.  First....they would need an upset of Texas High.  They would need either MP and/or Nac to lose and Pine Tree to win to force a three...maybe four way tie for fourth.  Pine Tree is the only one above them in the standings they have beaten.  It would come down to a lot of point differentials.  Not even sure TBH.  But an upset of THS seems pretty unlikely.  

Clear as mud????

10-5A Standings
Montgomery (9-0), (5-0)
AMC (8-2), (5-1)
Rudder (7-2), (3-2)
Fulshear (5-4), (2-3)
Lamar Consolidated (2-7) (1-4)
Huntsville (3-5) (1-4)
Lake Creek (5-4) (1-4)

Week 10 Games
Montgomery beat Huntsville 35-28
Fulshear beat Lamar Consolidated 31-24
AMC beat Rudder 32-20
Lake Creek- OFF

Week 11 Games
Huntsville Vs .Fulshear
Lake Creek Vs. Montgomery
Lamar Consolidated Vs. Rudder
AMC- OFF

Playoff Scenarios
Montgomery has clinched the district championship.  They will host a first round playoff game.

AMC has clinched the #2 slot and will host a first round playoff game.

Rudder has clinched a playoff slot and the #3 slot, even if they lose to Lamar Consolidated.  

Fulshear can clinch a playoff spot with a win over Huntsville.  However, if they lose to Huntsville by 5 or more.... the Hornets would take the #4 slot.

Lamar Consolidated would need a win over Rudder and a Huntsville win over Fulshear by 4 points or less to slide into the #4 slot.

Huntsville needs a win over Fulshear by 5 or more points to take the #4 slot.

Lake Creek would need an upset of Montgomery, a Fuslhear loss to Huntsville, and a Lamar win over Rudder to have any chance....and there would be some point differentials I'm not even going to attempt to figure out.

Projected Playoff Match-ups for the first round
Huntsville (3-5)/Fulshear (5-4) at Texas High (8-0)
Bryan Rudder (7-2) at Marshall (6-3)
Mount Pleasant (3-5) at AMC (8-2)
Nacogdoches (3-6)/Pine Tree (4-5) at Montgomery (9-0)

8-5A Standings
Ennis (9-0), (6-0)
Royse City (8-1), (5-1)
Forney (6-3), (5-1)
Crandall (5-4), (3-3)
Corsicana (6-3), (3-3)
Greenville (3-6), (2-4)
North Forney (1-8), (0-6)
Sulphur Springs (0-9), (0-6)

Week 10 Games
Ennis beat Royse City 48-20
Crandall beat Corsicana 63-40
Forney beat Sulphur Springs 37-28
Greenville beat North Forney 24-14

Week 11 Games
Royse City Vs. Forney
Corsicana Vs. Ennis
Greenville Vs. Crandall
Sulphur Springs Vs. North Forney

PLAYOFF SCENARIOS
Ennis has clinched at least a tie for the district championship.  They will clinch it outright with a win over Corsi.

Royse City has clinched a playoff spot.  If they beat Forney, they will host a playoff game as the #2 seed.  A loss to Forney will send them on the road for the first round as the #3 seed.

Forney has clinched a playoff spot.  If they beat RC, they will host a playoff game as the #2 seed.  A loss to RC will send them on the road for the first round as the #3 seed.

Crandall can clinch the #4 slot with a win over Greenville.  A loss to Greenville would give the #4 slot to the Lions.... UNLESS Corsi upsets Ennis and it forces a three way tie between Crandall, Greenville, and Corsi.

Corsicana would need an upset of Ennis and a Crandall loss to Greenville to get in.

Greenville needs a win over Crandall to get in and a corsi loss to Ennis.

North Forney and Greenville have been eliminated.

Let me ask you this now that Marshall has clinched will they play their starters the whole game against Nac ?? 

18 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

Let me ask you this now that Marshall has clinched will they play their starters the whole game against Nac ?? 

We ain’t Whitehouse and Coach G ain’t coach McFarlin.  And this ain’t 2006.  That’s all I’ll say.  Lmao.  

Unless someone got injured last night we should be healthy except for our QB which may still be questionable.  We shall see. 

Our starting QB didn’t play last night.  He’s a 1000 yard passer.  Forced us into being one dimensional….. which is fine against a defense like Hallsville.  That won’t be the case Vs. Nac. 

The game is “meaningless” for Marshall…. But trust me… after last year, they want some revenge.  The Nac game was ugly for them in 2020 and they are hungry to make it right.

I think it’ll be hard to do that if we enter the Nac game with a similar game plan we had for Hallsville. Our offensive plan was perfect for success Vs the Bobcats.  We won’t have that luxury Vs Nac 

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

I think so.  

He’s likely to play next week Vs Nac. 

would hope so. by the way records look in other district 1st round games are going to be tough for all 4 teams. Hope mavs and t high at home can find a way to pull it out. MP playing good late who knows. I’m not sure if Nac or PT pull out the 4th but nac wasn’t terrible had a lost of sophomores starting it sounded like. Pt idk what happened. you said you didn’t think they would survive after the Qb they had last year..I thought defense would help at least keep them in some games 

27 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

would hope so. by the way records look in other district 1st round games are going to be tough for all 4 teams. Hope mavs and t high at home can find a way to pull it out. MP playing good late who knows. I’m not sure if Nac or PT pull out the 4th but nac wasn’t terrible had a lost of sophomores starting it sounded like. Pt idk what happened. you said you didn’t think they would survive after the Qb they had last year..I thought defense would help at least keep them in some games 

I need to do some homework on how some of the teams in 10-5A got their season records.  Did they beat up on some weak teams in district or did they play and win some tough non-district games?  I'll find out and post it later.

It's been interesting to see how close most of their games have been from top to bottom in 10-5A.

I'm not gonna sing the "I told you so" song....but..... anyone paying attention last year KNEW Pine Tree had a generational player in DJ.  He made their offense go. He was such a great weapon... he made OTHER weapons better because most defenses keyed in on him to the point that it allowed other guys to shine.  I was called crazy....and had "wishful thinking".  Without him... the Pirates not only lost his production...but those other weapons he made better.  A rebuilt offensive line.  I dunno....I saw it coming.  I've experienced the loss of a generational player.  Those don't come down the line very often.  

What HAS shocked me about PT is their defense.  I thought it would be pretty good.....at least good enough to pick up some of the slack.  However.... it's been pretty rough for them.

If Texas High gets Huntsville in the first round.... that's a killer draw.  Huntsville has played just about everyone tough.  They have had some killer injuries that hurt them early on...but they are getting healthy in perfect time.  It's a total repeat of 2019 for them it seems.  They lost thier QB-1 early.  They lost a couple of early district games.  They dropped from 1st to 4th place even though they were top 5 in the state when the season started.  They got healthy.... QB came back for the first round after they finished 4th in their district.  Lucky Marshall.  Huntsville advanced to the Region Finals before losing to FB Marshall.  Fourth place tream that went 4 rounds deep.

Gonna be tough for anyone to go into Montgomery or AMC and win.  

But..... one more district game.  THEN we'll talk playoffs.

2 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

. I’m not sure if Nac or PT pull out the 4th but nac wasn’t terrible had a lost of sophomores starting it sounded like. 

Nac is full of sophomores, only losing 12 seniors and only 3 starters from this years team. Nac has a generational kid coming up next year from Middle School at RB, the kid is big and fast. Our Sophomore QB got hurt last night just before halftime. We have a lot of talent coming from a pretty good JV team and a very good middle school group coming over the next 2 years. Nac is also combing middle schools starting next year.  

9 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Nac is full of sophomores, only losing 12 seniors and only 3 starters from this years team. Nac has a generational kid coming up next year from Middle School at RB, the kid is big and fast. Our Sophomore QB got hurt last night just before halftime. We have a lot of talent coming from a pretty good JV team and a very good middle school group coming over the next 2 years. Nac is also combing middle schools starting next year.  

I’m sure they’ll get a lot better next few years. Will #4 be back? He played both ways  Nac had 260 only 46 yards in the 2nd half but I bet he was most of it other than one big run. He broke a tackle and went for what looked to be 70 yard td before half.

1 minute ago, RogerDorn said:

I’m sure they’ll get a lot better next few years. Will #4 be back? He played both ways  Nac had 260 yards I bet he was most of it other than one big run. He broke a tackle and went for what looked to be 70 yard td before half.

#4 is a senior and was our opening day staring QB, that was his first good game at WR. He was concussed against MP and no one knew it until after the game. #15 is a Sophomore QB and is going to be very good once he adjust to the speed of varsity. We will also return our Soph MLB ( brother of Brandon Jones) who blew out his knee is spring game. Along with a lot of other Juniors and Sophs that are playing valuable minutes right now.

I just hope we don't get realigned south in February. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

I would like to see this district stay together. Who knows what they’ll do

Me too!!!

Looks like Jacksonville is going to be on the edge of 4a/5a with 1279 turned in,

PT at 1331,

TH at 1777

Marshall at 1481