Tom Bean open

Ballboy23

1 hour ago, RKS21 said:

They weren't that bad when Worrel an Stroupe were there 

Worrell is a very good coach and Buddy Hansen at RB is a very good combination with a coach like Worrell. Coach Worrell was only HC for 2 or 3 years. He was the right coach for the right kids they had at that time. And you are very correct, they were good with Worrell in charge. I think that proves the point that coaching matters. Their history before that was junk and since then junk. I just can't imagine it being the kids are that terrible. I think it's the board and supt combo through the years. The School Board should be held accountable for their lack of anything successful in athletics. But how you gonna do that right? It's just not important to their community. Some places care and some never will. 

• LOL! 1

8 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

He was not the OC and the head coach ran the defense, since he was the DC before he was elevated to lead the program.

So if he wasn't the coordinator why didn't they promote the OC? This hire really isn't making any sense. Is he or the softball coach golfing buddies or church members with the superintendent? Is that how this deal went down?

15 hours ago, supermaroon said:

So if he wasn't the coordinator why didn't they promote the OC? This hire really isn't making any sense. Is he or the softball coach golfing buddies or church members with the superintendent? Is that how this deal went down?

He has multiple years experience as an OC as well as being a former head coach, so I think that's why they went with him

The softball coach has been there 16 years and had been the girls coordinator the last couple.