San Augustine open

nacdragon07

10 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

Murr leaves SA to take the AD job at 4A Jarrell Isd.

Interesting. I know they have there run of athletes like very small school does. What do they have coming back and up coming?

Just now, CDubya936 said:

What is Barnes role in football? I know he is a dang good basketball coach, VERY well respected in the coaching world. If he is a coordinator I say do it! 

Easy sell for the kids and community to. He is already bought in to them and visa versa. 

1 hour ago, CDubya936 said:

What is Barnes role in football? I know he is a dang good basketball coach, VERY well respected in the coaching world. If he is a coordinator I say do it! 

Barnes had applied at Alto and Shelbyville.  I think this job is his.  

10 hours ago, TheWolf said:

From my sources It’s gonna be Tory Barnes

This is what I have heard to.  I think it would be a very good move for SA. The kids respect Barnes and he is a good coach.  It's time for him to have it! 

Gentlemen, I am not a coach. I started coaching in the mid 90's, but after 5 years of discovering that my performance has little to nothing to do with my job retention, my pay or my job security, I chose a different line of work that addressed all of those areas due to my having 3 kids and my not wanting to live the nomadic life of a coach. With all of that being said, I doubt many on this particular thread are coaches either, so I guess in essence, all opinions are valid. 

Here's my thing. I see several people supporting this Tory Barnes as the next coach for the San Augustine Wolfpack. I can understand this due to folks knowing him. But, as I mentioned above, this is exactly why I left the profession and got into something that I am in control of my stability, performance and pay. While everyone employed in the school business is working in the "real world" the practices that are typical of successful business in other areas of the "real world" do not base hiring or firing on a "popularity contest" or "whose been here the longest". It's more typical to hire the best person for the job. That is, the most qualified person for the job. 

While this particular person might be qualified, the "most" qualified should get the job correct? I mean seriously, why even advertise the job if someone already on staff is going to be promoted. Why not just promote and not waste any time with the headache of searching? And, if you are going to search, why not hire the best, most qualified person for the position posted?

Superintendent's are hired to run the school. 
School Board Members are elected to make decisions presented to him/her by the Superintendent.
If things are not good, get a new Supt. 

Decide on a set criteria for what you want in a position, collect applicants and interview those that most fit the exact criteria we want in our business. The person that shines the most, based on what we need in that position, gets the job. 

Furthermore, if the kids opinions on grown up ideas like hiring are substantial enough to sway a hiring process, then it's obvious, those same opinions of that same group is enough to sway firing as well. This is a hire to be made by grown ups for grown ups who want the best for their kids. Leave kids out of it. Can you imagine what our schools would be like if we let the kids make all the hires based on their own limited experience and one dimensional relationship they have with an educator? Wow!

Simple question for everyone on this board. Do you believe San Augustine, or any other school for that matter, should hire the most qualified person for the position. If so or not, tell why and furthermore, what would you SA residents like to see in your next head coach?

19 minutes ago, CodeBreaker said:

Gentlemen, I am not a coach. I started coaching in the mid 90's, but after 5 years of discovering that my performance has little to nothing to do with my job retention, my pay or my job security, I chose a different line of work that addressed all of those areas due to my having 3 kids and my not wanting to live the nomadic life of a coach. With all of that being said, I doubt many on this particular thread are coaches either, so I guess in essence, all opinions are valid. 

Here's my thing. I see several people supporting this Tory Barnes as the next coach for the San Augustine Wolfpack. I can understand this due to folks knowing him. But, as I mentioned above, this is exactly why I left the profession and got into something that I am in control of my stability, performance and pay. While everyone employed in the school business is working in the "real world" the practices that are typical of successful business in other areas of the "real world" do not base hiring or firing on a "popularity contest" or "whose been here the longest". It's more typical to hire the best person for the job. That is, the most qualified person for the job. 

While this particular person might be qualified, the "most" qualified should get the job correct? I mean seriously, why even advertise the job if someone already on staff is going to be promoted. Why not just promote and not waste any time with the headache of searching? And, if you are going to search, why not hire the best, most qualified person for the position posted?

School Board Members are elected to make decisions presented to him/her by the Superintendent.

Decide on a set criteria for what you want in a position, collect applicants and interview those that most fit the exact criteria we want in our business. The person that shines the most, based on what we need in that position, gets the job. 

Furthermore, if the kids opinions on grown up ideas like hiring are substantial enough to sway a hiring process, then it's obvious, those same opinions of that same group is enough to sway firing as well. This is a hire to be made by grown ups for grown ups who want the best for their kids. Leave kids out of it. Can you imagine what our schools would be like if we let the kids make all the hires based on their own limited experience and one dimensional relationship they have with an educator? Wow!

Simple question for everyone on this board. Do you believe San Augustine, or any other school for that matter, should hire the most qualified person for the position. If so or not, tell why and furthermore, what would you SA residents like to see in your next head coach?

Nice perspective 

4 hours ago, CodeBreaker said:

It almost sounds like you’re advocating for someone. Care to share your client’s name?